Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Request, I think.  (Read 8256 times)

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Request, I think.
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:01:01 am »

I wanted these mods merged into a mod pack so I could continue playing my modded to hell fortress, my list follows here.

Dwarvemon
My Little fortress 2
Sparking! DBZ Mod
Zombies ate my dwarves
Teh Lol mod
Diablo mod
Primal
ZM5's Assorted Creatures and ZM5's Modpack
Miscellaneous Video Game Civs
Dark Ages III

Is it possible to do that feat?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: A Request, I think.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:15:26 am »

Should be possible, though it would take some time to make sure you get no merging errors. That depends on how much the mods edit the same raws, so it's hard to give an exact time estimate.

Edit: I'm thinking of giving this a try. What version of Dwarvemon do you want (Mystery Dungeon content or not, type specific civs or not or no predetermined pokémon for any civs)? And what civ do you plan to play? I'm asking because I imagine you would want to have that civ have all modded reactions.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 10:29:55 am »

Should be possible, though it would take some time to make sure you get no merging errors. That depends on how much the mods edit the same raws, so it's hard to give an exact time estimate.

Edit: I'm thinking of giving this a try. What version of Dwarvemon do you want (Mystery Dungeon content or not, type specific civs or not or no predetermined pokémon for any civs)? And what civ do you plan to play? I'm asking because I imagine you would want to have that civ have all modded reactions.

1.5.1 with PMD (Edit: Keep the dwarves, although I would wish that there is a mod that tells you what civ you're playing.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:49:52 am by dewy60 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 12:00:09 pm »

You don't need a mod for that, put your embark cursor in the ocean and your only "neighbor" will be your own civ.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 01:41:47 pm »

I'm done with most of the mods, and I plan to continue tomorrow. Dark Ages III and ZM5's modpack are seemingly a huge mods though, with several features that should affect the other mods as well (e.g. wolvesbane), so it might take a while.

By the way, Teh LOLmod renames the dwarves to forumites (due to originally being made for a forum bloodline game). Considering you seemingly plan to play as dwarves, should I re-name them that? Or are you fine with them being forumites?

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 04:36:47 pm »

I'm done with most of the mods, and I plan to continue tomorrow. Dark Ages III and ZM5's modpack are seemingly a huge mods though, with several features that should affect the other mods as well (e.g. wolvesbane), so it might take a while.

By the way, Teh LOLmod renames the dwarves to forumites (due to originally being made for a forum bloodline game). Considering you seemingly plan to play as dwarves, should I re-name them that? Or are you fine with them being forumites?
Doesn't matter. Forumites are fine as it is.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 08:45:08 am »

Any progress so far?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 08:25:06 am »

I've added everything but ZM5's mods, and gotten it to work on a small world. I probably won't be done before tomorrow, but we'll see.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 08:56:15 am »

I've added everything but ZM5's mods, and gotten it to work on a small world. I probably won't be done before tomorrow, but we'll see.

What percentage are you at?

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 03:11:15 pm »

It feels a bit long to wait, isn't it?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 05:47:10 pm »

I am sorry for that. I underestimated the size of ZM5’s mods, and his pack also had some conflicts with Dark Age (they both used version of Wanderer’s) I had to fuss out. I also haven’t been able to prioritize it fully. Either way I am basically done, except for failing to generate a medium-sized world. This might be due to actual bugs that slipped past the radar, or it could be my computer having trouble handling the size of the mod pack/a medium-sized world. I’ll have it up tomorrow.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 08:04:04 am »

I am sorry for that. I underestimated the size of ZM5’s mods, and his pack also had some conflicts with Dark Age (they both used version of Wanderer’s) I had to fuss out. I also haven’t been able to prioritize it fully. Either way I am basically done, except for failing to generate a medium-sized world. This might be due to actual bugs that slipped past the radar, or it could be my computer having trouble handling the size of the mod pack/a medium-sized world. I’ll have it up tomorrow.

Okie doky, I'll wait later today then.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 08:57:17 am »

Here you go! One of the largest modpacks to date! I actually don't know that, but it is about 150% the size of the current Masterwork, so it is indeed quite sizable. It takes a while to load each time, but after that it should work well in all its chaotic glory.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 08:59:36 am »

Excellent, now I can wage hell and continue playing in fortress Guardedpulleys.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 10:50:07 am »

Is it a possibility to create a large world with either a short or medium history without suddenly crashing?
Pages: [1] 2 3