Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [44.12] Night of the Werepumpkins! v1.1 (requires dfhack)  (Read 5242 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Night of the Werepumpkins! v1.1 (requires dfhack)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 03:28:02 pm »

tile: Ah, small correction to my own earlier statement: double-checked, and there is one creature that uses non-letter tile: conger eel ~.

Code: Yeah, could shorten that, though code length doesn't really matter as much as whether the code does more things (lots of nested loops can get pretty crazy), or crashes self (not ideal) or DF (very, very  non-ideal).

Seeds: ...There might be, but (checking 4303) there are only conveniently named region seeds and some things that look like they might be world seeds on a quick glance (if they're not those, they're probably elsewhere). Because you can plonk down a fort right next to previous one, region seeds alone aren't quite unique. (but, hm, in that case year would be different, so it might not matter much). PatrikLundell probably knows much better than me on where all the seeds are located; he's worked in that area.

Tutorial:  I meant all 3 at once. IsOwnGroup by itself will match player's dead fort citizens still in active list, though not residents or livestock. (I'm not sure about merchants.)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Night of the Werepumpkins! v1.1 (requires dfhack)
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 09:46:06 am »

Seeds: ...There might be, but (checking 4303) there are only conveniently named region seeds and some things that look like they might be world seeds on a quick glance (if they're not those, they're probably elsewhere). Because you can plonk down a fort right next to previous one, region seeds alone aren't quite unique. (but, hm, in that case year would be different, so it might not matter much). PatrikLundell probably knows much better than me on where all the seeds are located; he's worked in that area.

Interesting. Maybe I will do a fortress defense mod in the future and look more into this then.

Tutorial:  I meant all 3 at once. IsOwnGroup by itself will match player's dead fort citizens still in active list, though not residents or livestock. (I'm not sure about merchants.)

Oh ok thanks. I'll update that.
Pages: 1 [2]