Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Judgment call...what should the 0.2.3 release trigger be?

Drop-dead July 14th.  We have properly addicting weeds, that's good enough.
- 0 (0%)
Socrates' Daimon should cross-link items within the documentation pages where reasonable.
- 0 (0%)
Socrates' Daimon should give us a withdrawal syndrome summary page.
- 0 (0%)
Socrates' Daimon should do both of the above.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 29, 2020, 08:29:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Cataclysm:Z  (Read 31061 times)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm:Z
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2021, 12:18:48 pm »

Happy New Year's Day :)

More on topic:
  • Previously declared intended lockdown on high-risk commits for 0.2.5 is mid January (about January 15th); I'm not seeing any rationale for change at this time.  There is no way all of the internal game coordinate refactors are going to land that fast. The corresponding intended release window is Feb 1 - March 31 2021.
  • A particularly scary commit is scheduled for tomorrow: it rethinks how monsters are despawned when they are evicted from the reality bubble.  I don't think the "desync" between the despawn, and the inherited spawn, logic is going to cause more weirdness than the prior interactions between the inherited despawn and inherited spawn logic.  (See that issue about inconsistent use of game::lev, https://github.com/zaimoni/Cataclysm/issues/119 ?  The index case was the inherited despawn and inherited spawn logic.)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2021, 12:33:16 pm »

The last high-risk commit prior to the 0.2.5 release was January 12th.  Next few commits are planned to be for the automatically generated HTML files; I'd like not only to get crafting recipe and construction pages in, but build out some direct hyperlinks.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2021, 08:03:54 pm »

V0.2.5 release cut.  It's at a "less-unstable" point in the internal coordinate changeover.

Not-so-user-visible changes of note:

• Monster spawns have been partially fixed -- things like flaming eyes nowhere near a lab or other relevant feature, should not be happening but less glaring teleport-spawns are predicted to still be present.
  • Automatically-generated HTML pages are also slightly more complete.  (The hyperlinks to individual addictions, skills, and traps come with JavaScript-enabled background color changes, to highlight the hyperlink target.)

User-visible gameplay changes are either in the release notes, or linked from them.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2021, 09:51:29 pm »

V0.2.6 release cut.

User-visible gameplay changes are either in the release notes, or linked from them.  Nothing radical here, just very conservative bug-fixing while preparing the game for long-range pathfinding.  The new skill training overview page needs substantial work (crafting recipes need to be mentioned, and there are some other in-game learn-by-doing worth mentioning).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:18:10 pm by zaimoni »

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2021, 11:48:19 pm »

The cutover to low-risk changes may have to be pushed off a few days: trunk is now in Przybylski's Star status.  NPC swimming (required by the knockback conversion) is broken, rather than non-existent.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2021, 01:24:00 am »

How are the NPCs right now, anyway? Last I played, they were rather game ruiningly crashy.

[EDIT] There seems to be a problem on all current unstables where the game will glitch in character creations and list negative traits in positive, as well as vice versa. There are also mutations. Selecting these traits will crash the game.
https://i.imgur.com/sND3zPp.png
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 01:35:49 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2021, 08:38:56 am »

[EDIT] There seems to be a problem on all current unstables where the game will glitch in character creations and list negative traits in positive, as well as vice versa. There are also mutations. Selecting these traits will crash the game.
Confirmed; looks like I should have regression-tested that when introducing the automatic screen sizing.  Will catch at next public push.  EDIT Landed.

As for how NPCs are doing...my assistant addressed a number of such crashers, and I have had a few change sets temporarily blocked by inducing crashes near game open.  They are doing better, but I don't expect a complete improvement until they're fully cut over to Rogue Survivor-style action objects (this cutover was parked about 2/3rds complete as the remaining 1/3rd needs a very invasive re-implementation, not a migration).  The state pattern-matcher is very limiting.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:25:34 pm by zaimoni »

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2021, 06:27:26 am »

0.2.7 release cut.

Accidental bugfixes of note:
  • NPCs had been immune to flashbang grenades.
  • Flaming eyes had been ignitable by incendiary/explosive ammunition.
  • Martial arts armor boost had not actually been reducing damage, only intimidating attackers.
  • Failed disarm of land mine or booby trap, had not destroyed the trap.
  • Loud sounds had not been deafening everyone.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2021, 12:25:09 pm »

We're about two weeks into the C:Z 0.2.8 release window.  I'm expecting this to be on the "slow end" (December rather than November 2021) as I'm in the middle of an invasive re-implementation of the item handlers.

A very notable crash fix has landed: https://github.com/zaimoni/Cataclysm/issues/152 .  Low light level global positioning locations without players, had been game-ending.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2022, 09:31:10 pm »

C:Z 0.2.8 release cut late (today, January 4 2022).

There are two realism changes that theoretically make C:Z easier:
  • It is no longer possible to lethally overdose on nicotine, by smoking.
  • The dosage scheme for SSRI anti-depressants, e.g. Prozac, is closer to correct.  To keep
    the effects up 24/7 after the first two loading doses (the second loading dose still must be within 6 hours, like before),
    once every 12 hours is sufficient.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2022, 07:04:02 am »

• Flaming eyes had been ignitable by incendiary/explosive ammunition.
This one sounds fun.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2022, 10:48:04 am »

0.2.9 release cut.  Commit rate was indirectly slowed by keeping an eye on Ukraine's ongoing apocalypse.

• Beer had not available in liquor stores
  • Electric field re-implementation.  Should act more like real voltage.
  • Beware of Friendly Fire from monster Flamethrowers.

Some incremental changes relating to monster special attacks, are not in the documented changes.  (These changes to use global positioning coordinates, come with monster vs. monster and monster vs. NPC attacks.)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]