Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Last Oasis Clan - The Dune Dwellers  (Read 7221 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Last Oasis Clan - The Dune Dwellers
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2020, 06:57:13 pm »

Since I started playing LO I've had an issue with graphics stuttering badly when there's more than a dozen or so people around me. I tried upgrading my RAM from 8GB to 16GB and that helped, but did not completely eliminate the issue. Then I updated my graphics drivers. Last time I updated was in 2018, so I was overdue. Why does NVIDIA make it such a pita to update? Anyway, now my frames are buttery smooth. So if anyone else is having stuttering issues, I recommend updating graphics drivers.

My clan's patron mega-clan, OwO, have been busy fighting the good fight against the Chinese. Most of the mega-clans have now agreed to non-aggression pacts while the Chinese remain a threat, but there are still many smaller American clans who persist at fighting with their own. While OwO has been distracted on one front they've been losing territory on another. They don't particularly care about the Proxy's which they don't have time to collect loot from anyway, but losing ground to random small clans looks bad on the world map; ceding ground to one of their allies looks much less bad. So about a week ago they tasked my clan with going around and reclaiming tiles that they have lost.

This has had a major impact on the pace of events for my clan. We are busy attacking proxy's. We are busy defending when those clans and their allies retaliate. It's basically nonstop fighting for us.
As a farmer who has been drafted into these fights, I've been somewhat surprised to see that we have been able to keep our boats fully stocked. We are sustaining almost entirely on the supplies that we plunder from enemies we defeat in battle. It's a very new and exciting change in gameplay style for me.

As we consistently triumph over enemies with equal numbers, and as our clan name spreads across the world map, other clans have taken notice. Our diplomats have negotiated with clans we defeated and several of them are now our allies, regularly joining us in battle and fighting alongside us. A few other clans have merged into ours, roughly doubling our numbers over the last week. Again, very exciting times.

Here are a few videos I found of OwO wiping CSTG and their allies:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1cX8KtWl1eriYyZG01eGWHogzA-h-9pjQ

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2020, 06:57:15 pm »

CSTG(chinese mega-clan) has currently disappeared from LO, as they are currently mourning the RL death of their leader of the last 15 years.

They have however vowed to return on July 4th, to attack the Americas with 60 fully manned warships.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2020, 05:47:14 pm »

CSTG(chinese mega-clan) has currently disappeared from LO, as they are currently mourning the RL death of their leader of the last 15 years.

They have however vowed to return on July 4th, to attack the Americas with 60 fully manned warships.

Hm, I didn't know this game was 15 years old...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2020, 09:21:48 pm »

Mega-clans like this one often migrate between games. I know CSTG were big in Atlas and Ark before LO...not sure what they were doing before that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2020, 01:09:42 pm »

Thanks for the explanation.  I was quite confused.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]