Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Readability in Preference Customization  (Read 1016 times)

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Readability in Preference Customization
« on: November 10, 2019, 04:12:15 pm »

Hi!

I haven't played in years, and I wanted to come back and try Adventurer mode. However, I encounter a little problem with character creation, the colors of preferences customizer. I am colorblind, so maybe that's why, but I can barely see which setting is selected, I torture my eyes to see the difference between light grey et very slightly lighter grey symbols on each line. Moreover if I select one row, everything is slightly lighter again in that row and I absolutely can't see which column is selected. It is very annoying.

Here's a screen
So, my question is: Is there an utility or something to make this more readable?

Thanks for reading me.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 04:22:22 pm by Gilead »

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Readability in Preference Customization
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 09:16:34 am »

Hey, AFAIK the Masterwork launcher lets you pick from various colour palettes, but I'm not sure if any of them are colorblind compatible, and the launcher itself is fucky (idk, it crashes on me constantly)

Here's a link with some colour palettes you can change manually, one of them seems to be colorblind-compliant:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Color_scheme#Red.2FGreen_Colorblindness
Dabbling Overseer

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Readability in Preference Customization
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:31 am »

Thank you!
I just tried it (no need for a launcher, just edit a .txt file) and now the light grey of the selected item looks slightly blueish. More readable for me.