Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: super graveyard violence  (Read 11036 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
super graveyard violence
« on: October 25, 2019, 04:58:41 pm »

Somewhere, in a spooky, yet arena-shaped location, ghoulish monsters, murderers, beings of the night, etc gather to bash each other's skulls/skull-analogue-organs. Yes sir/madam, it's truly a senseless slaughter, an utterly illogical B-RTD and searching for deeper meaning would be a waste of time.

(A short-running, nonserious halloween PvP game. Looking to update once a day.)

Spoiler: rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 01:29:42 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: super graveyard violence
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 06:24:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:35:00 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 06:43:47 pm »

PTW

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 08:39:11 pm »

Looks good to me. Big pile of items there, but a monster hunter's gotta be prepared. You're monstrously strong, so weight isn't exactly an issue.
Also, while Ship-shape is a fine, fine synonym for "not-yet-dismembered", I would still ask you change it to 'Intact' for consistency's sake.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 08:58:25 pm »

Spoiler: Marco (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:07:25 pm by Devastator »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 09:02:50 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:10:23 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 09:27:51 pm »

Spoiler: SpookyGhost (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:29:23 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 11:51:41 pm »

Feels inauthentic to have greater than 0 Menace, but okay~

Nice~

Cool. Note that incoporial beings can only briefly touch non-incoporial objects, which limits how much you can interact with things outside your starting inventory. This also means that you're difficult to harm, of course.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 01:32:16 am »

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 02:11:05 am by The Canadian kitten »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 01:33:24 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 01:44:36 am »

Good. Should specify under Type that you're a Skeleton Brawler, just saying Brawler there implies you're a human. Does Mike wear clothes? Should specify either under Phys. Description or Inventory if so, otherwise you'll be a classic naked skelly.

No need to declare that your ability uses Menace, you get to choose what to sacrifice whenever you use the power. Otherwise good.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 09:29:58 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 07:29:16 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 09:19:03 pm »

Well well, looks like we've gathered quite the assortment! I'm going to split this up into two groups to begin.

A cold breeze blows through the graveyard. It is a festive october night, the sky is clear, the moon is full... and red... and dripping...
The really quite distinctive noise of a werewolf transformation echos from nearby. From the trees.

You find yourself here, amongst the grave stones and sarcophagi. How you got here? well, don't look at me! I don't have an excuse for you, and besides there are a few things to take in.

• At the center of the graveyard, the land rises up to a fairly sizable hill, with a single impressive sarcophagus crowning it.
  • To the north, a large dilapidated mansion sits on the next highest ground. You might wager it's haunted. A haunted house.
  • To the east, there's a modest grouping of trees which nontheless manages to look foreboding and dark. Wolfish calls echo from within.
  • The entire property is encircled by a tall black wrought iron fence. The tops of the posts are sharp; one might experience an unfortunate mishap attepting to climb over...
  • There is a gate in the fence, to the south. It is Locked.

All this may be less concerning than the presence of three other beings:

You spot a couple skeletons which are, concerningly, standing up and moving around rather than laying still in the dirt. One is clothed, while the other is a gaunt nudist holding only a broken bottle. This, you intuit is a "rowdy boy".
    There's also some youngun with a comically oversized machinegun. Who knows what that's guy's deal is.

You spy... two fellow humans and a skeleton! Ahh, frightening! The other two humans both hold firearms, so they should be able to back you up in slaying this trash mob.

Trench coat skeleton, bottle skeleton, old man. If any of these things poke you, you will probably instantly die.
    And you're almost out of quarters, dammit.

There's an army man here and an old man. You feel like you could probably slay them and then bind their souls in some kind of unholy ritual or something, but that's not what you're here for. Oh no, you're here for lively fights and strong drink.
    That trenchcoat skeleton looks about your match. Maybe the army man too, but fighting an old man would be boring.
    As for the other thing... the army man has a pouch absolutely full of things that may or may not be beer bottles, and the other skeleton could be hiding all kinds of fabulous drinks in that trenchcoat!

You awaken in the front room of the mansion. Your appearance in this places causes the old house to grumble and groan, unoccostumed to such... lively visitors.

• This room has a few different exits, which are helpfully labelled by placards above each door: Dining room, Display hall, Cellar, Library.
  • A pair of staircases lead up to the second floor. More specific locations presumably reside up there for the pillaging.
  • The front door lie to the south. It is Barred.

You are accompanied by three other beings, as is only symmetric:

Okay, so we've got a walking corpse or maybe a pile of weapons with some meat stuck between it. We have a screeching electric ghost. We have a giant spider made from human remains.
    All pretty par for the course. Wonder how you'll get stunlocked to death this time.

Okay, so there's a living person. With, sorry, ooc, an annoyingly similar name to your own. Uh, I mean, you feel that the fellow with a giant schnoz is somehow your kin. He's also using a rapier, which is definately a sinner weapon.
    Moving on, there's a black phantom. It is holding a spectral electric guitar, the instrument of the devil. Yup, definate sinner.
    Oh, and the skittering. Probably nothing to worry about. Nothing to see here.

You spy a human who is carrying too many guns. You also spy some kind of blade-encrusted revenant, which is pretty metal. Too bad you can't actually touch things other than your guitar, or you'd draw it and use it as an album cover. You also also spy a macabre undead spider clinging to the ceiling.

Your senses pick up a living, BEATING HEART. PREY. Some other things are moving around but they're not alive, they don't matter. The soul of the thing lights up your purple eyes like a delicious soup. You feel the need to run and hide, ambush, kill. The wood of this place feels good on your bone-tips, like you're supposed to be here!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 10:55:07 pm »

March up to the army man and start throwing punches. If I knock him out, start looting for beer
(Can skeletons talk?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5