Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: super graveyard violence  (Read 11056 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: super graveyard violence
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 02:57:17 am »

"Damn idiot kids blowing themselves up with their stupid firecrackers, and this skeleton thing must be some kind of robot and I hate robots."
Hit the naked skeleton with my rake.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 05:33:18 am »

Holy water time! If the holy water doesn’t do anything, then just keep hacking at him

"Your murderous ways end here today, skinless cur!"

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:08:50 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 03:03:57 am »

Aggressively charge right back into attacking that monster!  Rally back my health, before it's lost for good!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 10:26:57 pm »

Appologies for missing an update! I have no good excuse!

"Damn idiot kids blowing themselves up with their stupid firecrackers, and this skeleton thing must be some kind of robot and I hate robots."
Hit the naked skeleton with my rake.

You stuff your shotgun into your suspenders and reach over your shoulder to draw your rake from where it's jammed into the folding chair strapped to your back, as if it were a real weapon.
[Threat: 1]
The teeth of the rake catch on the chair, causing you ro jerk forwards and fall. Maybe carrying around a folding lawn chair everywhere at your age was a bad idea?
[Menace: 3]
Besides bruising your face a little, no suffer no injury except to your pride.

Start screaming about the need to drink beer. Also pick up the trenchcoat skeleton (S. K. Lerman) and throw him at Old man jenkins

You rattle your ribs spookilly and screech with an unholy voice that you need your fix. Like any drunkard would.
[Threat: 1]
You grab trenchcoat dude with both hands and attempt to lift him over your... neck? You either underestimate your strength or greatly overestimate your structural integrity, as the force rips both of your arms out of their etherial shoulder sockets, continuing to grip the monster hunter despite no longer being attached to you.

[Condition: Broken (not quite dead; it's not like you're losing blood)]

Holy water time! If the holy water doesn’t do anything, then just keep hacking at him

"Your murderous ways end here today, skinless cur!"

[Just cause: 3]
[Threat: 6]

You reach into your coat and produce a shining flask of holy water! Shouting "take this!" you toss it at the armless, headless skeleton's feet.
A brilliant holy blue flame bursts to life, smelling faintly of righteousness and vodka. Wait.
Vodka?

Oh yeah, it was actually holy booze. Easy to get mixed up.
[Item lost: Bottle of Holy Booze]

The skeleton seems to be harmed by the holy fire, but equally bolstered by the alchohol content.

[Mike the drunkard: Status: Holy burn! + Drunk]

Find the prey and use a Menace point to trap it in Webbing

Lifted up from the floor, foul heretical patterns begin to flow between your front four legs, coagulating into a purple web.
[-1 Menace]
You dash over the prone human, draping your web over it and then backing away to safety. Now it's simply a matter of waiting for the weave to destroy the creature's soul. Delicious.

Aggressively charge right back into attacking that monster!  Rally back my health, before it's lost for good!

You would, but you're trapped in a glowing purple web and your health is being drained. Better mash out of it.
[Threat: 6]
You gather your strength and break through the webs with a slash of your reiterpallasch. This frees you, but the blade is now covered in thick purple strands.
[Item gained: webbed Reiterpallasch?]

Using this momentum, you roll to your feet and slash at the revenant.
[Threat: 4]
[Hunter's Hunter Menace: 1]
The slash connects with the revenant's hand, outstretched to stab you. Despite the being's apparent resistance to physical blades, the purple energy causes it to recoil, harmed by the unclean energies of the web.

It's too late to rally back any health.

Fug, I didn't know we were suppose to post out sheets.

The Revenant reaches out for the other hunter, digging their screwdriver pierced fingers into his soft flesh.

Spoiler: Hunter's Hunter (click to show/hide)

You get up, but your attack is foiled by the hunter's enchanted blade. Contact with the glowing web causes your spirit to be excruciatingly drawn off to...
[Spookiness: 5]
...to that boner spider over there. She retains a linkage to the enchanted strands, and any form of lifeforce which contacts it is siphoned off to her. Through the fleeting connection you sense the souls of tormented innocents imprisoned inside that creature.

Read the Necronomicon look for the section on the summoning of undead through music, the creation of guitar demons, and maybe something on the sacred NecroDancers?, look for all the interesting bits in the book.

Spoiler: SpookyGhost (click to show/hide)

Wait, no. Why would the necronomicon have anything to do with music? That doesn't make any sense at all. Obviously it contains the SECRETS OF LIFE AND DEATH.
You open the book. Sheet music.

All entrances to the room slam shut. You hear boss music.

Spoiler: Thaxabatus (click to show/hide)

(I really should have read the rules before chucking that "+" on my sheet. >.>)   

Observe my surroundings! Look for targets! Preferably pesky humans or, failing that, a turtle or other species of endangered wildlife.
Don't leave my perch just yet, though.

You do actually have to remove the stat point~

[Spookiness: 4]
Ah, yes. Though you lack eyes, or any meaningful sensory organs for that matter, your close connection to the spirit of wind allows you to FEEL.
The sensation flows out, around you. You are the air, draped around this old house. You creep in through cracked windows, under doors. You feel the walls, inside, a library... the air reverberates with a brewing epic metal duel.
Down down, through the dirt. There's whole networks of tunnels below everything. You see those hunters down there in the dark, though faintly and far away.
And far away by distance, but easy for the breeze to reach, the other three in the graveyard.

You do also sense several turtles in the woods. Or perhaps, turtle-like organisms? It is hard for the breeze to tell.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 10:57:25 pm »

Crap, at least I got drunk.
Find arms run away heal myself if possible

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 11:57:45 pm »

Prepare to smash the boss who comes into the library in with my phantom guitar, making sure that it gets three feet under

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 04:23:46 am »

"Stupid chair making me trip!"
Throw the lawn chair at the headless and armless skeleton.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 05:50:09 am »

Ugh!  Dash back and rip some blood bullets from my thigh, then heal up to full with a blood vial.  Swap to the gatling gun and start walking backwards while firing at the monsters attacking me, focusing fire on whichever one is closer.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 07:58:00 am »

Run towards and begin eating the one that broke out of my web

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2019, 08:04:00 am »

Attempt to disentangle myself.
Then, swoop down to investigate these turtle-like beings.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2019, 12:58:31 pm »

The Revenant grabs a wooden handle from it's midsection and pulls out a full-sized glaive out of waist wide space. It swings it toward the other Hunter, using the flat of the blade to knock him towards the Bone Spider.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2019, 02:06:03 pm »

Finish him off with the sword

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2019, 09:57:07 pm »

For the sake of sanity, actions take place in sequence rather than simutainiously. For the sake of fairness, the order in which actions are taken is determined randomly, rather than giving priority to whoever posts quickest.
The net result of this is that this game is quite RNG-based in a way that you can't really strategieze around.

Crap, at least I got drunk.
Find arms run away heal myself if possible

Your arms remain attached to the trenchcoat skeleton. You don't really have any easy way of reattaching them.
[Menace: 4]
You back away, leaving a streak of holy fire behind you. Unfortunately, you are still on fire, and it
[size=14]BURNS[/size]

The reaction between the holy energy and your desecrated spirit causes both to annihilate each other, resulting in an incredbily hot fire. Your remaining bones become soft, then become ash. Just before complete destruction, your spirit manages to escape the doomed body and slip away.
[Type: Shadow]
[Condition: Damaged]
[Status: None]
[Threat: -3]
[Menace: -2]
[Items lost: all of them]

"Stupid chair making me trip!"
Throw the lawn chair at the headless and armless skeleton.

You toss the chair at the skeleton, now just a burnt charcoal statue. The impact causes it to collapse into a pile of ash.
[Item lost: Folding lawn chair]

Finish him off with the sword

Sadly, you cannot destroy the monster, as it is now a pile of ashes.

Ugh!  Dash back and rip some blood bullets from my thigh, then heal up to full with a blood vial.  Swap to the gatling gun and start walking backwards while firing at the monsters attacking me, focusing fire on whichever one is closer.

Quickstep, quickstep, Tanto...
Surprisingly, ripping some of your blood out to use as bullets hurts.
[Item gained: 5 Blood bullets]
You jam a vial of magical blood into yourself. Somehow, the broken glass and "donated" blood makes you more healthy. Your wounds seal back up.
[Condition: Intact]

[Fright: 6]
You use your speed to cheat and just keep taking actions in a turn based game. Whipping out your gat, you LAY WASTE to EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.
[Item lost: all your bullets]

[Kledra's Menace: 1]
The hail of bloodtingey goodness rips off a few of the spider's limbs.
[Kledra's Condition: Mangled]

[Hunter's Hunter's Hunter's Hunter's Menace: 1]
The revenant is likewise wasted, sparks flying from where the bullets impact blades. It's a little hard to tell, but they're definately covered in more holes now. Thier left arm hangs loose, attached only by a few interlocking blades.
[Hunter's Condition: Mangled]

Run towards and begin eating the one that broke out of my web

[Spookiness: 3]
You inch forwards on your damaged legs. It's not good; if you want to continue functioning, you'll have to devour something's life force.

[Threat: 3]
You cannot reach the human as it's backpedaling away, down the hallway.

The Revenant grabs a wooden handle from it's midsection and pulls out a full-sized glaive out of waist wide space. It swings it toward the other Hunter, using the flat of the blade to knock him towards the Bone Spider.

[Menace: 6]
You grab the handle at your midsection with your one good arm, and pull it free. In a dramatic explosion of gore, the glaive's blade severs your upper body from your lower body. Your chest, head, and right arm holding the long weapon fall to the floor with a thump, while your guts and legs stand dumbly behind you.
[Condition: Broken]
[Item gained: Sweet Glaive]

It's okay; you can work with this. Right?

Prepare to smash the boss who comes into the library in with my phantom guitar, making sure that it gets three feet under

"Welcome!" A large skeleton appears, wearing a dark robe and wielding in one hand a scythe / microphone stand and in the other hand a shield.

You saunter right up and attempt to whap him in the head.
[Threat: 2]

The attack clangs off of the boss's shield. Dammit, you're supposed to be incoporial! Why do you have to actually collide with physical matter only when it happens to be inconvenient!?

Death Metal sidesteps and takes a swing at you with his scythe.
It hurts far more than it has any right to.
[Condition: Damaged]

Attempt to disentangle myself.
Then, swoop down to investigate these turtle-like beings.

[Spookiness: 1]
Nope, not happening. BOTH of your handles are caught on the windowsil. There's no way this is going to budge unless somebody with HANDS and FINGERS comes and sets you free. Or...
A powerful breeze comes up suddenly, catching your and pulling so hard that the window slices right through your arms! Painful, grusome mutilation!

Or it would be, if you were alive. It doesn't really matter as you are a nonsapient, inert piece of plastic. You blow onwards, into the woods in search of innocent animals to murder.
[Spookiness: 1]
This time, you get caught on a branch.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2019, 10:39:01 pm »

“My music will live on and beat you Death!”
Switch to Menace+, prepare to go through the large skeleton and than whack them in them in the head from the back

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2019, 10:40:47 pm »

((I have an absolutely terrible idea))

Using the glaive to pole vault themselves up, the Hunter's Hunter leaps onto Kledra's back, impaling itself into the bone spider and trying to merge it spirit with it to form a rad-ass Bladed Drider Bone Revenant.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 11:52:27 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5