Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Isekai [SG]  (Read 3868 times)

VoidSlayer

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 11:21:08 pm »

"But your village is safe?  Let's hurry there, I do have a lot more questions."

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 01:41:52 am »

“What are Negi?”
"But your village is safe?  Let's hurry there, I do have a lot more questions."
+1 Also "What do you mean by know Syngery?"
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Outsider

  • Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 03:25:57 pm »

After some more time travelling, it gets a little darker. About late evening, with the sky turning a deep blue colour. But there is still plenty of "sunlight" before you start getting nervous. Fungi, however, is already showing signs of impatience, increasing its pace every few seconds before slowing down to stay even with you and your pace.

You ask it what Negi are and how they relate to whatever "Synergy" is.

'Oh--what?' It ives you a confused look which lingers for a few seconds before answering. 'Airith must be a weird and faraway place. To explain what Negi are, I gotta explain Synergy. Which works out because you wanted to know what Synergy is anyway. Synergy is living energy. It's a presence. I don't know that much about it, but basically . . . it lets us do things. Manipulate our reality. It's made up of two halves: Light and Dark.'

'Sounds like magic', you put in.

'If that's what you call it in Airith, then I guess so? Anyway, Negi are creatures totally controlled by Darkness. I think they operate on pure instinct--something like that. They like to prey on souls, especially those of Light. Synergy allows their vitcims to defend themselves. Do you see where I'm going with this?'

'So, you're saying I need ma--Synergy to make sure I'm not munched on by these Negi things.'

'Basically, yeah.'

'I . . . have a lot more questions', you reply. 'One of them being: Is your village actually safe?'

'Of course! I mean, my village still exists, if that tells you anything! You should hold on to those other questions until you meet our Sage. He's far more knowledgable than I am.'
.
.
.
You reach a clearing in the woods surrounded by large trees, with many odd looking huts dotted here and there in the clearing. 'Well, we're here!', Fungi chirps. 'Sage Village.'

'I thought you said you were from Viridian.'

'Just . . .' It facepalms before continuing. 'Just come with me.'

A short walk later and you're outside a hut that is clearly more grand than the others. Its roof is a brilliant green, rather than the pale reddish colour of the others, and it's draped in dark green flags. 'This is the Home of the Sage. I can come with you if you want if, you know, you're shy. He won't bite though. Just try not to be too weird. I know you're from Airith and can't help it but . . . try? Though I think you're from a much closer place and just want to mess with another tribe. Maybe you're into that sort of thing.' It shrugs.

'I'll try not to', you state sarcastically before rapping lightly on the door. You hear a voice telling you to enter, and you comply.

You're met with the sight of another talking mushroom--this one with a sunken face, seemingly-closed eyes and a knowing smile. It has a long staff with a colony of mushrooms growing from it here and there. The Sage is dressed in red and green cloths, and not much else. It raises its head slightly before speaking. 'Fungi, you have done well to offer hospitality to this strange lifeform. Come, sit. Would you like a cup of Chloro?'

> What say/do?
Logged
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 04:10:11 pm »

"Sure, How does one learn how to use Synergy?""
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 01:23:36 am »

Take the offered drink then ask, "We have come from a far away land and wish to return, do you know a way in which we may do that."
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Outsider

  • Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 10:55:23 am »

'I'll take some.' It occurs to you that you don't know what "chloro" is. Once the cup full of the same pale, green fluid that Fungi spilled when you met it is placed in your hands, you take a sip and find it to be pleasant with a rather rough aftertaste. You'd describe it as biting the stem of a plant and sipping on the liquid that bleeds out of it. Very dangerous back on Earth. But seemingly innocuous here? Maybe it's some kind of universal plant juice--if it's even a plant at all.

'I have come from a faraway land and wish to return. Do you know a way in which I may do that?'

'Hmm', the Sage says, rubbing its rough chin thoughtfully. 'That would depend on how far your home is. I've not seen one of your kind before. I know not where your tribe rests. I'm sorry.'

You hang your head slightly. You've been shown kindness your short stay so far in this world, but not having any leads on where exactly this is nor any way to return . . . 'Are you able to at least share how to use Synergy? If I'm to be here for a while, I'll need to defend myself from threats. I've been told some exist.'

'Now, this I do know. Synergy is a living energy generated by all things. To use it, you must reach for the presence. The "Entity", as it were. Here--'. The Sage holds out his hands, palms facing you. 'Imagine a creature in a shallow burrow. It is harmless and curled in itself for warmth. Reach into the burrow and attempt to pet it.'

'Pet it?'

'Pet it', the Sage echoes. 'I'm sure you have pets in your country. Try to connect with the Entity.'

You mimic his outstretched arms and close your eyes, attempting to focus on something--anything--that might feel both foreign and alive. Hidden and unknown yet safe and peaceful.

. . .

After a few minutes, you feel something! You feel something . . . soft and aware. You reach for it and it reaches back. It's almost like a puppy licking a human hand for the first time. 'I think . . . I think it worked?'

'There is only one way to be sure. That is for you to demonstrate your awakening. You must've seen something during your reach to the Entity. Tell me--what did it show you?'

1) A streak of lightning, blasting across the infinite darkness (Path of Storms; Emissary of the Bolt Lord)
2) An hourglass full of sand that swirled about its container (Path of Earth; Mother Earth)
3) An eye with a yellow iris, seemingly dangerous and powerful (Path of the Amatsukami; Dark Leader )

==========
NAME: Tara
SPECTRUM: 0
NATURE: ?
Logged
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 11:05:22 am »

1
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 02:10:29 am »

1
Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leonardo8

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 02:54:30 am »

2
Logged

1freeman

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 05:50:47 am »

2
Logged

Outsider

  • Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 12:39:23 pm »

You tell the Sage what you saw. His face flashes quickly with surprise before returning to its neutral state while he rubs what would be his chin in thought. 'So', he begins, 'Bolt Lord and Mother Earth? Interesting indeed.'

'This means . . .'

'What this means is that you now have both Lightning Release and Earth Release. The power to use both, specifically.'

'. . . Okay.'

'You may have doubts--I can understand that. Being a stranger from a faraway land, perhaps the Pressence hasn't yet touched your nation or your tribe. But I assure you--'

'Wise One!' A mushroom shot through the doors, dramatically falling to his knees before speaking. 'Forgive my intrusion! The . . . the Negi! They've begun . . . their attack! The hunt . . . is upon us!' It barely managed to get its entire sentence out between its heavy pants.

The Sage leapt to his feet and whisked himself past the mushroom to the doorway. 'Ready all combatants. Those who cannot fight will hide. Go.'

'Yes, Wise One!'

The Sage then turns to you, and you already know what he's about to say. 'I have no right to ask one of another tribe to aid us, and you have not yet been trained in Synergy, but I request your aid in this dire circumstance. I . . . I will grant you anything within my power should you survive the hunt.'

> What say/do?

========
NAME: Tara
SPECTRUM: 0
NATURE: Bolt Lord I , Mother Earth I
Logged
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

1freeman

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 12:45:05 pm »

Agree to help them in the defense of their village.
Logged

Leonardo8

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 01:07:13 pm »

Agree to help them in the defense of their village.
+1
I
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 01:08:52 pm »

Agree to help them in the defense of their village.
+1
I
+1 also search for a Negi and strike it with lightning while bringing the earth under it to the sides surrounding it in earth
Logged

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isekai [SG]
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2019, 02:13:00 am »

Logged
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4