Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My own speculative evolution project.  (Read 3111 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
My own speculative evolution project.
« on: January 16, 2021, 04:08:00 am »

Parotundes, a micro-G microcosm, seeded with small but adaptable terran lifeforms. It is amateur at best and the writing has errors, but I am proud of it nontheless.

https://specevo.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2634&st=0&#entry28888
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My own speculative evolution project.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 01:56:25 pm »

Wow, what is that, a game? A simulation? I don't understand.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 02:22:42 pm »

@SD: It's an intricate thought exercise...

I'm part way down page 2 of 3, at the moment. Not wanting to rush reading it but still interested to see how it's goes.  Wondering if I should bookmark it, in lieu of starting an actual account on that board for full watching/commenting purposes.

(I've a feeling that you'd have got on very well with Jack Cohen, and he might have gotten on very well with you...)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:24:26 pm by Starver »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 05:05:43 pm »

Wow, what is that, a game? A simulation? I don't understand.

Not a game, not quite a simulation. It is a form of thought exercise called speculative biology. Check it out, there are one much, much better then mine.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 12:07:22 am »

You know... I've been needing to look up resources on speculative evolution for my worldbuilding hobby, this is great! didn't know this existed.

I'm a bit confused though on a specific point though in your process. You're starting with 6 basic lifeforms that were chosen by a previous high civilization? So you're going through the speculative evolution on how these groups would develop on an average astroid.

Considering those are apparently earth-based lifeforms... wouldn't they just... die after awhile? What aspects of the environment are taken care of through regular maintenance, and what aspects are dramatically different than earth?
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...