Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Power armor arms race, Order of Mason thread (Turn 4, Phase 1)  (Read 9837 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power armor arms race, Order of Mason thread (Turn 1, Phase 1)
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2019, 10:47:19 am »

Quote from: Actual Votebox
Canon AMAR (1): Stirk
GP Storm Rifle (4]SK, Taricus, NUKE9.13, TL

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2019, 06:48:37 pm »

Mk.1 General Purpose Storm Rifle

The Mk.1 General Purpose Storm Rifle is the first in its series, attempting to bridge the gap between the polarized engagement ranges of current Masonite weaponry.

The Storm Rifle series utilizes rounds of a larger caliber than one might expect for a typical automatic rifle. This is to give it more stopping power than a traditional assault rifle, and hopefully better armor penetration as well. In similar contrast to an assault rifle, the Storm Rifle will have a lower rate of fire to compensate for the larger rounds. Giving it manageable recoil for the typical riflemen when fired in full auto, and allowing for good accuracy when properly burst-fired.

It will aim for about 20-30 rounds in a magazine, in a bullpup configuration, with exact mag size dependent on what works the best for typical operation and ease of handling by troops. The ammunition utilizing the same style of oxidizer-including propellant of the Mk.1 Rifle to enable vacuum and underwater fire. Rather than gun-specific attachments, give it some rails/hardpoints where soldiers can equip attachments of their own choice.
Finally, if possible, build in a can/bottle opener somewhere for utility and morale.
(1, 1) 2 Utter failure.
There is a lot to be said about this project, in short, almost everything went wrong. We couldn't manage to make a functioning assault rifle, we put too much priority on the Can opener, and finally the weapon itself ended up being so horrible we shut down the project and threw away the designs. The thing was utterly nonfunctional. We did end up with a can/bottle opener we're adding to the survival kits. We have learned a good bit about how to make weapons like this though.
Resources
3 Ore, 1 Organics, 0 Contherinal, 0 Advanced components.
Spoiler: Mason Designs (click to show/hide)

It is now revision phase 3
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2019, 07:12:04 pm »

Mk2 Rifle: We need to pump more lead and/or lead substitutes down the range now that our main gun is nonviable. So lets just take the rifle we have, give it a select fire option, and call it a day. Oh right stuff. The new switch allows for a single fire mode, burst fire mode, or fully automatic fire. Magazine is increased to size 30, and naturally the bolt action is replaced by long-stroke piston gas operation.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:18:25 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2019, 07:42:37 pm »

SMG Revamp (Cleaner): As it stands, our current SMG is a barely usable piece of junk. But all the same, it's able to be renovated and overhauled into something usable without too much issue. By replacing the pistol round with a 5.7x28mm steel round enabling it to better punch through armour, and updating the mechanics of the weapon to eliminate most of the jamming and fouling that impact it's reliability. Finally, the furniture is given an update, to remove and traces of the crude predecessor without impacting on the weapon too much.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:53:39 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Scholar Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2019, 09:17:05 pm »

Quote from: Round 3 Revision Votebox
Mk2 Rifle: Stirk
Dirty Gun Cleanup: Taricus, SK

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2019, 09:24:36 pm »

SMG Revamp (Cleaner): As it stands, our current SMG is a barely usable piece of junk. But all the same, it's able to be renovated and overhauled into something usable without too much issue. By replacing the pistol round with a 5.7x28mm steel round enabling it to better punch through armour, and updating the mechanics of the weapon to eliminate most of the jamming and fouling that impact it's reliability. Finally, the furniture is given an update, to remove and traces of the crude predecessor without impacting on the weapon too much.

5.7×28mm Is totally still a pistol round :v

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2019, 09:42:21 pm »

It's a PDW round, with the ability to punch through armour that regular SMG rounds can't.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2019, 10:15:23 pm »

It's a PDW round, with the ability to punch through armour that regular SMG rounds can't.

It was developed both for the P90 PDW and FiveseveN pistol. Like traditional pistol, not a gimmick pistol like the Thunder or Contender. It is thus a pistol round. It is certainly more likely to take down traditional body armor than standard .45/9mm, but we are dealing with theoretically light vehicle armor rather than Kevlar with some inserts. Thus we should focus on rifle calibers capable of penetrating easier, even if we are upgrading it to a PDW. 5.56 PDWs already exist, and would be a better option if we don’t want to in-house design a round.

We really have no reason to use tiny rounds in this war scenario, there is not much benefit compared to the drawbacks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2019, 10:38:57 pm »

It's a better option than trying to convert a bolt action into a full auto rifle since not only would it be easier, it also shores up one of our deficiencies and stops it being so.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2019, 11:26:02 pm »

It's a better option than trying to convert a bolt action into a full auto rifle since not only would it be easier, it also shores up one of our deficiencies and stops it being so.

We only managed to get one weapon upgrade, and it is an AT-grenade. The only thing we arn't deficient on is having a reliable way to take out heavy armor. *Maybe* medium distant firefights if we are generous with our assumptions regarding our default equipment.

MOOOOODIFY!:

I also neglected to mention that since our gun is basically a Lee–Enfield,  we could also base an automatic conversion on some of the automatic conversions done to that gun. They're like a dozen attempts at it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 11:43:23 pm by Stirk »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2019, 06:52:34 pm »

(3, 6) 9
The new version of your SMG is a thing of beauty, a weapon that is well made, powerful, and rapid fire. You've eliminated the jamming, upgraded it with a more comfortable stock, improved its rounds, and a laundry list more. The Mk2 SMG now has a much higher range, and it's new round type has been shown to pierce LF1 Exo armor with ease, and it's rate of fire is still high enough to provide deadly suppressive fire. It isn't much more expensive than the old SMG, falling at 2 Ore for it's cost, allowing it to still be fielded en masse.
Resources
3 Ore, 1 Organics, 0 Contherinal, 0 Advanced components.
Spoiler: Mason Designs (click to show/hide)

It is now Strategy phase 3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 05:10:05 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2019, 07:24:39 pm »

Alirghty, we must claim the Advanced Components in the name of Mason! Then we can make some stuff with like, actual technology behind them! And also like organic components so we can field explosives in higher number. We're good on ore unless we decide to go for even heavier armor or really, really, really big guns that you guys keep shooting down.

Lane 2 + 3 (1): Stirk

Scholar Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2019, 08:08:06 pm »

In agreement. Push down the Urban Path, and the Outside.
Quote from: Strategic Phase, Round 3 Votebox
Lane 2 + 3 (2): Stirk, SK

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2019, 08:19:47 pm »

Quote from: Strategic Phase, Round 3 Votebox
Lane 2 + 3 (3): Stirk, SK, Taricus

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2020, 01:59:21 am »

Gleipnir M1 HEAM Missile System:

With the advent of Smith heavy armor that is difficult to engage with our current load-out (including by specialized grenadiers), new dedicated heavy weapons systems must be developed to vanquish the threat. Gleipnir is a 132 caliber shoulder-fired wire-guided missile system meant to eliminate heavy armored threats. Its main payload is a High Explosive Anti Mech missile with a shaped charge, 40 pound warhead that should be capable of penetrating the Smith's heaviest armor with ease.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7