Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Saga of Xah Thran  (Read 1369 times)

KaleNipClaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Saga of Xah Thran
« on: November 02, 2019, 04:17:51 am »

INTRODUCTION:
Finally, Armok was done making this world, this magnificent world. Truly, a sight for the ages. He let it grow, he didn't meddle, and it grew. It grew. But something was wrong. Savage, it was, and yet somehow civilised at the same time. He saw how, in a mere 5 Urist years, it became an extremely complicated world. He let this occur, though. He let everything happen, confident in his creation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am a mutant dwarf, it's official.

KaleNipClaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Xah Thran
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 04:18:22 am »

BOOK 1 - KESKALNOMAL, "SHOTSTAVES"

KaleNipClaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 05:09:54 am »

CHAPTER 1 - A DANGEROUS EMBARK
"Well, here we are! Here, we can make history. So what first?" These were the first words spoken at Keskalnomal, spoken by Onol Unnosrigòth, leader of The Cheerful Letter.
"How about we dig?" asked the meagerly creative Momuz Kûbukâmid.
"Easy for you to say, Lancelistened. What's your job? FISH CLEANING. Peh! Zan, what do you think? Should we listen to McUseless over here?" spat Logem Dodòklokum, as she picked up her pickaxe.
"Well, this place is quite hot. If it rains, we're dead meat!" reasoned Zan Fikodustuth, taking the spare pickaxe from the wagon.
"Yeah, I'll pass until it rains," said Zulban Bûnemoslan, the woodcutter, holding his axe over his shoulder.
"Hey now, don't go staying up all night every night while we sleep comfily," reasoned Mestthos Kurikfeb, in a caring way, concerned for the safety of his ally and the fairness of the deal, "especially considering that the rain has no warning."
"How about this? We'll dig down, and find a meeting place. That way, nobody will be stuck outside if it rains!" reasoned the oldest and wisest of the bunch, jeweler èrith Thobshoduk.
"Yes, ma'am," replied Zan and Logem, both of whom were respectful of the ideas of the oldest of the members of The Cheerful Letter. They immediately set out to channel underground.

KaleNipClaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 08:26:21 pm »

CHAPTER 2 - THE START OF THE FORT
Logem and Zan immediately set to work, mining tunnels and rooms, as six colonies of Giant Thrips and a Rattlesnake loomed threateningly in the distance on and above the surface. The dwarves elected to vote Onol as their leader, and he also took up the mantle of bookkeeper. Their jeweler was quickly renamed to Aerith, because everyone liked that name for her for some reason. Mestthos built himself a carpentry workshop, ready to make furniture for the group.
"We're going to need some rock items," announced Onol, "and thus a mason."
"I'll do it," replied Zan, being an accomplished stoneworker. With that, they had their first two main jobs covered, but they still need a jeweler's and mechanic's workshops. Aerith, of course, made the jeweler's workshop, being the jeweler, and Momuz took up the mantle of mechanic.
And so, they flourished.