Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (SOLVED) DFHack sheet creation  (Read 1405 times)

Sirkittymen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
(SOLVED) DFHack sheet creation
« on: November 06, 2019, 03:42:25 pm »

I'm fairly new to using DFHack, and I can't seem to figure out how to create useable sheets with createitem.

I'm doing a small RP with a bare bone group of wimpy scholars and scribes that, rather than make their own items, perform 'rituals' to receive items, which i then spawn with createitem. However, now that they have a basic fortress and a library, I'm trying to give them sheets to write on. I've successfully created sheets from Adamantine using createitem SHEET INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE But, of course, that would be too easy. They will not create quires or scrolls from metal sheets, the only type I've successfully created.

Because of this, they've been stuck trading their last rituals spoils (a pile of human skin socks) for actual parchments from traders. I am curious as to how I could use createitem to produce animal-material parchments. Preferably, I would like to have parchments made from forgotten beast materials or, if that's not possible, just normal human and/or elf materials.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:08:01 pm by Sirkittymen »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack sheet creation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 06:35:25 pm »

If you want a sheet to be made of animal-skin parchment, the material you want is "CREATURE_MAT:(creature):PARCHMENT" (e.g. "CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:PARCHMENT").

For forgotten beasts, you'll need to determine the creature type of the specific forgotten beast you want.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.