Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.xx] Forthammer: Age of Dwarfmar  (Read 7080 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
[47.xx] Forthammer: Age of Dwarfmar
« on: November 06, 2019, 09:17:14 pm »

I've been wanting to do this for a while now and decided to release a very Work In Progress version to motivate myself to see it to completion. I'll probably update this whenever I add a new civilization or a handful of new creatures.

So what is this then?

This mod is adds to Dwarf Fortress content inspired by Warhammer. While I've decided to make Age of Sigmar the focus, due to more flexibility it allows me, I will still be making a Fantasy submod with stuff that didn't carry over. Further, this mod will be as compatible as possible with other mods, be they my own or others', and conflicts will only arise if another mod makes extreme changes to vanilla content like bodyparts or materials.

This version currently features:
2 Civilizations
39 Creatures
3 Megabeasts/Semimegabeasts
3 Secrets

For more detailed descriptions of each and every piece of content, there is a "content descriptions" folder containing more info on them included in the pack

How to install the mod

First, download the pack from the link below, then extract the file (you may need a program like WinRAR or 7zip if you don't have either already). Once that is done, open the Forthammer folder and copy the contents over to your main DF folder, and you're done. IMPORTANT: You will need to generate a new world to see any of the content, this will not affect pre-existing saves.

Download Links
Download here

Packaging any of this content with other mods

I hereby give my full permission for any of the content included in this pack to be used and/or packaged into any other mod as long as I am credited for it. I reserve the right to rescind this permission for any reason.

More of my mods!
Monstrous Manual
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:20:27 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) [44.x] Forthammer: Age of Dwarfmar
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 12:40:02 am »

Keep it up man, can’t wait for the Tomb Kings and Counts! :D
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 05:23:14 am »

The current civ is pretty much the Counts, so you have that at already.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 08:46:32 pm »

Posting for support! Yay for warhammer!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 05:31:01 am »

Ooh! A new Warhammer mod. I look forward to your creations.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 01:06:37 am »

PTW

Are there any plans to include random mutations for the chaos aligned civs? Assuming that it is possible of course.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 10:01:41 am »

PTW

Are there any plans to include random mutations for the chaos aligned civs? Assuming that it is possible of course.
I'm not sure, to be fair. It is certainly possible, but also a huge ammount of work.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.x] Forthammer: Age of Dwarfmar
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 05:19:12 pm »

Finally a new version, and with it a move to mod releases!

This one features a bunch of creatures, plus a new civilization (the Nighthaunt) and three secrets.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Forthammer: Age of Dwarfmar
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 07:57:20 am »

The current civ is pretty much the Counts, so you have that at already.

The 'Age of Sigmar' universe is set at a far future point post the end times of the Warhammer fantasy, known as 'The World Before the World' so not exactly really accurate to that statement at all. Besides, Nagash is a much more consistent prominent figure in this lore and the history of how the organized force of nighthaunts came to be compared to their last appearance in lore and neither of those factions really exist anymore regarding the enclosed end times spoiler.

I do like a lot of the updated generalized undead creatures in this modification (the silver weakness is a good touch) though such as the terrorgeist and its post-death explosion, but trying to adapt them to fit onto your earlier modification makes a point that its simply too hard to untangle either this new or old modification with much reliablity.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 07:10:30 pm »

Just a side question since everyone and their aunt's and uncles are muscling in on the Australia jokes, will this mod try and keep up to date with new modeled concepts as they come round? The Aelves recieved some interesting mounts recently.

link to the reddit, featuring some strange other kind of mount & a vampiric soulblight lord at the end of the gallery-roll.

Some models for vampires within the soulblight faction came forward so that's been nicely added to canon out of what had largely been seen as a almost entirely ghost faction unless i've just been very lack on my part-reading. If you need any alternative source material to pull on other than new models and wiki material there's the Warhammer (AoS) Underworlds Tabletop (language warning, its a public wiki-informative guide upkept by potty mouths) which has some helpful outlines of things without a lot of current representation but are just "around" in the setting
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 07:16:05 pm by FantasticDorf »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 02:12:35 pm »

That was on hell of a necro, FantasticDorf... but it worked, I'm going to work on this again.

In order to avoid constant tweaking of content, I'll be making a "design doc" first, that I'll share at least partially here later (today, hopefully).

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 06:33:40 pm »

47.05 will be coming out (soon), but i guess this wasn't too stone cold to properly call me a bonafide necromancer, im just glad the ball's rolling. Im tinkering on my own things and drafts for what this mod (and the WH:Fantasy Mod) could live up to be on a much more simplistic scale.

Out of the existing code, you could probably get quite a clean split between [RULER_SPREADS_EVIL_SPHERES] creatures to start exerting the kinds of vampiric/chaotic/skaven influence around on current code affecting life and fauna, though im not 100% sure how it all works on the mortal realms setting.

All the active ones anyway input by Toady are 'Blight, Disease, Death (all 3 cause plant die-offs, death raises [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] zombies with same simultaneous effects) Deformity, Nightmares (spawns bogeymen).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 10:55:57 pm »

Had some ideas for this, so will put a bit more focus on modding this.

Initially I intended for no civs to be playable at all, but now I think some will be playable. Vampires being one of them.

Also might shunt a few civs into an optional download to avoid entity bloat.