Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 35197 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal
« on: November 07, 2019, 03:08:48 pm »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158310/Crusader_Kings_III/

CK3 is the dynastic successor to CK2, and is currently in development. In it, you play a line of lords and ladies in medieval Eurasia and North Africa. Notable for merging grand strategy and roleplaying, the CK series is also known for astonishing quantities of DLC, verging on being games-as-a-service. Nonetheless, it is fairly well-respected as an uncommonly deep series of games. CK3 has been expected for a long time, and looks like it's going to go into further map detail and enhancing dynastic complexity while scaling back on some of the cruft that's built up from the previous DLCs.

As always with upcoming games, cautious optimism is all that is called for. Commence spelling the word "hype" out of the word "hype" repeated so as to form letters in 500-point font.

Release Trailer
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:04:43 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 is... not yet released...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 03:11:50 pm »

PTW
Edit: So I'm a bit disappointed by the map dev diary, the fact that baronies are on the map doesn't seem to add much more then options to move armies to when avoiding battles, it may be more important with some of the army changes, but that will be then.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 03:46:18 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 03:19:14 pm »

PTW
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:49:42 pm »

PTW
Edit: So I'm a bit disappointed by the map dev diary, the fact that baronies are on the map doesn't seem to add much more then options to move armies to when avoiding battles, it may be more important with some of the army changes, but that will be then.

Context for those not familiar with CK3 dev diaries (like I was).
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:02 pm »

PTW

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I like baronies being represented on the map, although it is a bit disappointing that you can't play as barons. It seems a lot more feasible now that there is an actual physical location for your character to be, so hopefully it's not hardcoded so we really can go from almost the bottom to the top.

Edit edit: also you should probably correct the OP since apparently the map goes down to Nigeria, so it's far from just Mediterranean Africa now. Dunno what you would call it though, North-central Africa?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 04:42:09 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »

PTW

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I like baronies being represented on the map, although it is a bit disappointing that you can't play as barons. It seems a lot more feasible now that there is an actual physical location for your character to be, so hopefully it's not hardcoded so we really can go from almost the bottom to the top.

Edit edit: also you should probably correct the OP since apparently the map goes down to Nigeria, so it's far from just Mediterranean Africa now. Dunno what you would call it though, North-central Africa?
"Northern" still kind of works, but "the North half of Africa" should.cover it well. Enough.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 06:34:54 pm »

hmmmmmmm
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 07:30:26 pm »

PTW
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 08:35:28 pm »

Incoming DLC at the very least. 
Being a courtier in some court is the lowest of the low.  Become a knight or something, be granted barony or more for good service.  Seduce and bed the Duke's child(or partner) and slip out of the castle in the middle of the night when the Duke finds out.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 08:44:44 pm »

ptw even though I don't actually understand ck2 enough to play

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 09:32:20 pm »

ptw even though I don't actually understand ck2 enough to play
Dooooo ittt.

take the plunge and buy it some time.  its so easy to lose tens of hours on it.

The best way to learn is honestly to experience.  The wiki can only do so much for you, and lets plays tend to lose that sense of exploration and the statistical simulation i love about the game.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 10:48:20 pm »

Or play it for free, now.  The only cost to the base game is time. 

Well, time and the possible urge to spend megadosh on the DLC if you end up liking it.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 12:00:37 pm »

I already have it, I got it free from some past deal of some sort iirc, and I find I cannot find my way through the menus

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 12:40:58 pm »

I already have it, I got it free from some past deal of some sort iirc, and I find I cannot find my way through the menus
Quill18 recently made a tutarial, prrety short and I idn't watch it all to see how complete it is, but it would probobly be good.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »

It's very sad that they've decided to stop letting us choose what kind of map we want to see. I really dislike the "you can only see the political map when zoomed way out" choice.
Love, scriver~
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23