Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 35728 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 is... not yet released...
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 01:40:54 pm »

That makes me not want to play it. First thing I do is turn on that ‘cause trees don’t tell me nuffin’.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 02:09:49 pm »

It's very sad that they've decided to stop letting us choose what kind of map we want to see. I really dislike the "you can only see the political map when zoomed way out" choice.
There are several map modes actually
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 02:26:19 pm »

Imperator: Rome II. Crusader Kings III And not even crusading anymore, either . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 02:37:06 pm »

It's very sad that they've decided to stop letting us choose what kind of map we want to see. I really dislike the "you can only see the political map when zoomed way out" choice.
I suspect you'll be able to set the zoom distance in an init file somewhere, so you get whichever map you prefer at any distance. It's more a newbie default than anything else. That doesn't necessarily make it a default that's actually good for new players though, and it remains to be seen just how easy and powerful a player's ability to fix this decision actually is.

I suspect the map modes will be something like in Imperator, though, where they still prefer to show you the terrain that Paradox paid artists to make, with a slight hue (at most) of color around the borders of regions described by the map mode. In terms of usability, it falls far short of the clear readable colors that were the norm in earlier games.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 03:09:13 pm »

I suspect you'll be able to set the zoom distance in an init file somewhere, so you get whichever map you prefer at any distance. It's more a newbie default than anything else. That doesn't necessarily make it a default that's actually good for new players though, and it remains to be seen just how easy and powerful a player's ability to fix this decision actually is.

I suspect the map modes will be something like in Imperator, though, where they still prefer to show you the terrain that Paradox paid artists to make, with a slight hue (at most) of color around the borders of regions described by the map mode. In terms of usability, it falls far short of the clear readable colors that were the norm in earlier games.

I don't want it to be set at any set distance at all. I want to be able to view the world's political map at 100% and 1% distance. I want to be able to view the geographical map at 100% and 1% distance. I want to be able to view every map mode at every distance. Changes like this one (and I am also assuming it will work the same way as Rome) removes clarity when it comes to mapviewing from the player for no benefit. And this is basically a mapviewing simulator kind of a game.

I think the way make already works in ck2 is pretty good. The only thing I can think of from the top of my head is probably the problems with finding independent baronies.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 03:49:37 pm »

I don't want it to be set at any set distance at all. I want to be able to view the world's political map at 100% and 1% distance. I want to be able to view the geographical map at 100% and 1% distance. I want to be able to view every map mode at every distance. Changes like this one (and I am also assuming it will work the same way as Rome) removes clarity when it comes to mapviewing from the player for no benefit. And this is basically a mapviewing simulator kind of a game.
Yeah, I agree that that's worse.

I think the way make already works in ck2 is pretty good. The only thing I can think of from the top of my head is probably the problems with finding independent baronies.
They actually fixed that twice. They put baronies on the map, and they prevented barons from being independent.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 06:40:57 pm »

Yeah, the fact baronies are on the map is fucking great, but then they just essentially gimp the holding system from ck2.

Honestly I'm still holding out that this will get changed before release or shortly after but still. Can't really simulate dynastic politics if the only way to get a barony to be yours is to take the county instead of actually fucking your way to being the baron.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 07:25:23 pm »

I mean, you can still fuck your way into being a Count, Duke, King, or Emperor if you want. The only thing you can't fuck your way into is the secondary castle holdings in counties -- that's a relatively small amount of titles.

I think it's an extremely puzzling decision, and I hope they reconsider at some point... but I also don't think it matters too much in practice, nearly every baron in CK2 is attached to their count anyway.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 07:39:01 pm »

Tbh it's a minor annoyance yeah, but thanks to it it seems like ya still can't recreate the Habsburg's ascendancy yet without using some landing and switching character stuff if ya wanna start from their historical origin.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 11:20:10 am »

I mean, you can still fuck your way into being a Count, Duke, King, or Emperor if you want. The only thing you can't fuck your way into is the secondary castle holdings in counties -- that's a relatively small amount of titles.

I think it's an extremely puzzling decision, and I hope they reconsider at some point... but I also don't think it matters too much in practice, nearly every baron in CK2 is attached to their count anyway.
It can be considered a signal of intent to dumb the game down, if nothing else.

fireground42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 08:23:24 pm »

PTW

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 08:16:14 am »

Love, scriver~

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 08:50:00 am »

I like what they said, the battle satats seems simple but enough to have some strategy, having levyies in my opinion is a good idea because it makes the higher end units more spiecel, and as long as I would always have some it still gives choices for counts combat.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2019, 12:44:03 pm »

Two new dev diaries
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck3-dev-diary-04-development-buildings.1283865/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck3-dev-diary-5-schemes-secrets-and-hooks.1289167/

The dev/buildings one is a bit ehh from what I remember, but the schemes and secrets seem really interesting. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted when I was talking about secrets in the CK2 thread. I will say it's disappointing that your agents don't get secrets on you for murder plots, but I can understand how that might cause balance problems (but really it would be cool anyway.)

Also if you scroll down on this page (not sure how to link paradoxforum posts) you'll see a mention from a dev that cultures will apparently affect what counts as a secret. Also there's a bit of an implication there that cultures have some overarching system, but I'm not entirely sure if that's what they're hinting at.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:51:14 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2019, 12:46:12 pm »

I know the game isn't out yet, but how many DLC are out so far?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23