Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cause trouble quest  (Read 1237 times)

Rend

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Cause trouble quest
« on: November 11, 2019, 03:09:24 pm »

Hi all! This is my first post, i'm pretty new to dwarf fortress.
Right now i'm stuck with an agreement that asks me to cause trouble to an another group.
I tried everything to complete it: damaging/killing member of that group, stealing items, asking for object; but nothing, coming back to the quest giver and reporting the conflict/crime doesn't flag it as complete and when reporting update for the quest, the guy only says that he trusts in my skills or something like that. I even used the legend viewer to track the members and be sure to damage the right people.
Is that quest bugged or am i missing anything? I even searched online but havn't found anything useful

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cause trouble quest
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:56:19 pm »

Yup, it's broken! I have only succesfully completed it once: I killed a member while another member was watching, and then fought with the another member, until they yielded. I repeated that next time, but it didn't work out somehow. You should pledge yourself to another lord/lady, if you want to get more agreements, since I haven't found a way to cancel it.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Cause trouble quest
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 03:58:19 pm »

Think this is one of the more widely-known bugs in adventure mode, though luckily also one that Toady is aware of.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.