Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro Arms Race: Strategy Phase 10  (Read 30071 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Team - Chiaroscuro Arms Race: Design Phase 0
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 07:30:46 am »

I have to say I'm just not particularly interested in the whole 'mask' thing, especially not when combined with the generic 'ball of light' body, but since quite a few people do, I'm gonna make an alteration to Netzach.

Spoiler: Netzach(2) (click to show/hide)
Swapped out the caves for the oasis village.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:40:39 am by Failbird105 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 08:39:32 am »

Angel Proposal:
Name: Syrinia
Appearance: Appearing as a tall, wiry woman entirely garbed from head to toe in a deep blue robe, the material of which seems to reflect light like water. The mask which seemingly obscures her face changes as one focuses on it, shifting and morphing between expressions with fluidity. When she speaks, it is in an a haunting, ethereal voice with a kindly tone. None can speak of what lies beneath the clothing however, with theories ranging from it being a a woman whose beauty is such that any who gazes upon her are driven mad, or that the robe is maddeningly empty with no rhyme or reason for it to even be moving.
Base Location: The village that Syrinia has taken residence at, and transformed into the cult's headquarters, is situated in a lush river valley that carves through the volcanic deserts where it sits, a with a small trading post that is relatively flush with wealth from the nomads that make their home in these harsh lands, and the traders from downstream. At the furthest point within the village upstream, the river flows over a rock face, providing the village with a wonderful natural marvel of a waterfall.

Training Camps W/Singing

Whilst our cultists are willing and seemingly able to bring down Evil, their bodies and minds are lacking in the teachings to truly destroy evil. These camps will serve as a place to remold our cultists into an army of light, good and order, to teach them how to fight and to prepare their bodies to undertake this great duty. In these camps, our cultists will be taught how to fight with their chosen weapon, basic drill and discipline to turn them into proper soldiers. Whilst their equipment may still be lacking, the bodies behind it are much more valuable, and allow them to sing their melody of war in glorious concert with one another.

Of course, to further bolster the training regimen, a singing lessons and choirs are also implemented, to be used as a base for magical amplification and to enhance the camaraderie and morale of our cultists by giving them a group activity outside of military drill.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:30:27 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 08:51:43 am »

Healing Spell
The staple of many servants of Good, the Healing Spell restores the physical body. Injuries are erased, diseases are eradicated, and infirmities mended. Particularly powerful individuals can even cure the effects of physical corruption.

I think a healing spell would be a good staple, of use in both combat and infiltration. Combat’s use is explicit, extending fighting ability of our forces in the field. Infiltration it can be useful as another form of bribery (but Nice!) doling our healing in exchange for favor. I definitely think some form of this power should be one of our designs.

Missionary
Extroverted Acolytes are recognized and trained to be more effective in recognizing opportunities and spreading the word. They often direct regular cultists in the field, becoming handlers for their agents. They often specialize in softer magics, such as healing or influencing minds. They themselves try to remain in the background until an opportunity presents itself, where the full force of their personality and magic is used to convince any doubters that the force of Good has power.

The missionary, or something like it, would be good for effectively proselytizing and healing in the field of influence. It would perhaps allow us to take some ground in that area, and give us a chassis to utilize more spells early on. I think that something like this design will be necessary, but not necessarily right from the start.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 10:35:51 am »

Updated Heliel
Spoiler: Heliel (click to show/hide)
As a note, Heliels name comes from a combination of Helios, Greek god of the sun, and Helel, Hebrew name for Lucifer(which is more fitting than I realized. Not only is he 'The Lightbringer' and 'Child of Dawn', but he rebelled against God, and Angels in this world are not aligned to any gods)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:14:32 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 06:48:50 pm »

Spell: [Insert Angel Name Here]'s Love

Our patron loves us, this we all know. Her virtue strengthens us in times of need, and our faith in her brings us together. However, to be Good is to do what you can to help others, this she has taught us well. This new spell will aid us in doing exactly that.

By focusing Good into a damaged or diseased part of the body through direct contact, we can heal and cure them. The process is fast, arrow holes and more moderately sized cuts healing practically instantly. Larger wounds take more time, but any would that is not imminently lethal should be patched up fast enough to get our forces right back into the fight. Of note is that, due to drawing on Good, the spell is actually somewhat more effective when used to heal someone else instead of the caster themselves, drawing on the Good generated by the good deed being done.
Additionally, this spell should enable us to show to the unenlightened masses that we mean well.
More flavorful version of the healing spell.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:48:19 pm by Failbird105 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 07:16:34 pm »

Quote from: AMultipurposeHealingSpell
Channel Divinity: Positive energy is what is created by the Angel, restorative magic that can mend wounds, diseases, and other human ailments is the power that light provides. A utilitarian variant of Healing magic that tries to combine the three parameters of healing into a single general purpose spell, the targets draws raw concentrated positive energy, and based on the amount of concentration and components the spellcaster provides. If only the somatic component is provided, then their hands and palms draw in the divine essence and pulsate the healing magic to them, and can restore a figure up to moderate wounds from a slashed shoulder to a broken bones affixing themselves. The caster can utilize verbal components when casting this spell to provide range healing up to shouting range, known as a healing word, and provide positive wholesome energy to a distant target that recovers up to the light wounds recovering themselves. Furthermore the caster can concentrate and disperse positive energy in a close-area emanation from the one who casted the spell, healing multiple people up to light wounds with a single casting of this spell, however this is has the drawback of being the most exhausting and tiring variant to cast with this spell:. Therefore this spell is a generalist in terms of healing magic, able to provide three different parameters of somatic healing, vocal healing, and a burst of healing when necessary but will mentally and physically exhaust the user after casting that variant.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 08:15:41 pm »

Aslanian Lion
Called by the Angel and infused with her power, the Aslanian Lions grow larger and stronger. They protect what is good, and savage and destroy that which is evil. The lions roam in small prides around allied armies, and in battle often attack behind enemy lines, though their charges are fearsome as well.

Stone Golem
Shaped by the Angel’s power, the Stone Golem(s) arose from the earth to defend what is Good and destroy what is evil. Around half again as large as a normal man, and roughly 3 times as strong. Drawn from stone itself, they are very durable to physical attack. They wield no weapon aside from their fists, which they use to crush, smash, or grab their opposition. Upon their brow rests the symbol of their patron, and their eyes glow blue with a resolute purpose.

Of these two I think the golem is the stronger choice, but the lion idea came first and I had already written it up! But a golem/healing combo should be pretty strong, with the golem tanking damage while cultists attack, and an acolyte dedicated to keep the golem on its feet with healing spells.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 08:41:51 pm »

Artificers
Some of our acolytes have shown promise at enchanting, and it wouldn't good of us to ignore our children's gifts, so taken the time to properly teach them how to enchant objects without making them explode this time. Currently, they can only make minor enchanted objects, such as spears that cut into evil beings more than they should, or shoes that are a bit more comfortable to wear, but even this will be useful both directly for our cultists in the field, and to bring in new cultists through magic trinkets.
Here's some potential revision fodder

Quote from: votebox
Angel name
Heliel (1): m1895
Neztach ():
Syrinia ():

Design 1
Training Camps (1): m1895
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Stone Golem ():
Templar Initiate ():

Design 2
Training Camps ():
Military Workshops (1): m1895
Channel divinity ():
Heliel's love ():
So I didn't put everything in the votebox, so if there's something else you want put in please do so.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 08:46:33 pm »

Angel identity
Heliel (2): m1895, Failbird
Neztach ():
Syrinia ():
Sahaquiel ():

Design 1
Training Camps (2): m1895, Failbird
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Stone Golem ():
Templar Initiate ():

Design 2
Training Camps ():
Military Workshops (1): m1895
Channel divinity ():
Heliel's love (1): Failbird
Only added my other completed Angel suggestion. Didn't add any new designs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 09:04:47 pm »

Angel identity
Neztach ():
Syrinia (1): Taricus
Sahaquiel ():

Design 1
Training Camps (3): m1895, Failbird, Taricus
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Stone Golem ():
Templar Initiate ():

Design 2
Training Camps ():
Military Workshops (2): m1895, Taricus
Channel divinity ():

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 09:07:52 pm »

Angel identity
Neztach ():
Sahaquiel ():
Teramuel(1): C2M

Design 1
Training Camps (3): m1895, Failbird, Taricus
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Stone Golem (1):C2M
Templar Initiate ():

Design 2
Training Camps ():
Channel divinity ():
Healing Spell (1): C2M

I threw up my healing spell because it is a more general spell that does specifically include non-combat uses such as healing diseases. I think it would be good to train up our cultists, but I would rather have some heavy creatures that we can nail down first, then train up our base forces. I would rather have diversity over quality, at least at the start. 

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2019, 09:40:43 pm »

Angel identity
Neztach ():
Sahaquiel ():

Design 1
Training Camps (4): m1895, Failbird, Taricus, Twinwolf
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Templar Initiate ():

Design 2
Training Camps ():
Channel divinity ():
Heliel's love (2): Failbird, Twinwolf

I'm leaving a vote out of angel for now because we're far from decided on that and we don't need to decide until end of turn.

While I want the workshops to happen and think we should do them either next turn or the one after, I don't think both our actions in this one turn should be dedicated to improving our average guys. So I'm going for the heal spell because apart from the obvious combat relevance, it can be used by our infiltrators - after all, the dude preaching at you is much more convincing when he makes your broken leg heal or cures you of plague.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:52:19 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 09:46:52 pm »

Why are you all going for that version of the heal spell though? I mean, unless it's just the name(you will notice that my spell does not actually specifically refer to Heliel)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2019, 05:17:39 am »

Angel identity
Neztach ():
Sahaquiel ():

Design 1
Training Camps W/Singing (4): m1895, Failbird, Taricus, Twinwolf
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Templar Initiate ():

Design 2
Training Camps W/Singing ():
Channel divinity ():
Angel's love (2): Failbird, Twinwolf

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2019, 06:53:50 am »

Angel Identity:
Neztach ():
Sahaquiel ():
Teramuel (2): C2M, SC777

Design 1
Training Camps W/Singing (4): m1895, Failbird, Taricus, Twinwolf
Military Workshops ():
Aslanian Lion ():
Templar Initiate ():
Divine Command (1): SC777

Design 2
Training Camps W/Singing ():
Channel Divinity (1): SC777
Angel's Love (2): Failbird, Twinwolf

I prefer my healing spells because it has more applications like ranged and AoE healing, in the trade off of being a Normal instead of an Easy designed and not specialized against Diseases. As well Command is a normal spell, it definitely has combat applications, anytime a dude is running up to you with a sword or hooting you with a bow shout out Grovel! and they must follow that command, it’s an Common spell so our starting Acolytes can use it. Mind-altering magic is not just “evil good” you can use it for Inspiratinf and Aura of Heroism spells, you can reinforce the mind with zealotry and might just as well as you can detract from it. As for the generic training camp go ahead, it’s only an improvement in our combat lane and would have no benefit for our influence lane, it’s singular-dedicated compared to what designs we want, multipurpose or rather has utility on both lanes, though some designs will have to be only dedicated to either lane
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30