Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tabletop Simulator: Games that nobody wants to play...  (Read 2820 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Tabletop Simulator: Games that nobody wants to play...
« on: November 15, 2019, 04:34:50 pm »

Cheers!

So, i have always wanted to play more than a couple of board games i found on the Tabletop Simulator...problem is, i never seem to find enough players for a round.

So this is what this Thread is for. The basic idea is to get people in a common Discord Server so we can organize for those kinds of Board Games nobody seems to want to play.

Link to the Discord for those interested:
https://discord.gg/HK6Hnqg

Games i or other would really like to play but never got around to:

Metrowars 2033
A Game set in the World of Metro 2033. Players play the various stations trying to eke out a living in the Unforgiving Metro of Moscow.
If i had to put labels to it: Its Settlers of Catan crossed with Axis and Allies with added Exploration.
Resource Scarcity is crippling and mutants abound.

Root
A Strategy Game set in a Forest full of Critters. The cool part of the game is that its very thoroughly asymmetrical. The established Fox Barons fight the Rebellion of Woodland Critters, the Falcon Nobility, the Moleman Empire, the Cult of Lizards, a Thief runs around nabbing shit and the Beavers are selling mercenaries. Relatively simple and yet complex in how the factions interact with each other.

Succession Wars
Set in the Succession Wars of Battletech, each player plays one of the Big Noble Houses and tries to take back the throne. Amid the warring hordes of giant walkers, players have to contend with technological decline and intrigue in the form of constant bribery attempts by everyone.

Lock, Stock and Imperil
Ever wanted to sell weapons and ships to the highest bidder in an intergalactic war? Ever wanted to do that while eight other guys tried to do the same? LSI is just that, you procure guns and sell them to whomever you want to while simultaneously buying stock of your opponents (or yourself) and warbonds of the factions. Hilarious Game as everybody watches the house on fire while simultaneously trying to steal whatever valuables remain inside.

War Machine
Unfortunately the original creator up and vanished and the game is not available on the workshop anymore...but luckily i still have a copy. War Machines is a rather complex but intensely funny game about a group of 2 to 4 Empires duking it out in a fictional WW1 scenario.
Each player has to contend with resource scarcity ala Settlers, fight vast battles ala Axis and Allies...with the caveat that its WW1 and you are fighting on your resource tiles...which turn infertile if you do fight too long on the same spot. While you are futilely trying to claim territory, develop your ever more terryfing arsenal of weapons (phosgene anyone?) you will also have to deal with war weariness at home and most importantly politics. There are several different types of government which play differently and have a huge impact on how you play the game...but more than that there is rebels. You might end up like russia in the midst of the game.
After some games with a friend we determined that the end result of a game of this is amusingly usually a Stalemate...as intended by the Creator.

Twilight Imperium IV
Probably the biggest most complex game out there...if you haven't heard of it, go to TS look at it yourself, because i can't really summarize the size of this thing.