Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset Question(s).. (not about updating!)  (Read 2614 times)

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset Question(s).. (not about updating!)
« on: November 17, 2019, 03:42:02 pm »

I was poking around in MWDF (44.12 version) files and came across a directory, "Meph Tileset - Tile Explanations" with a bunch of picture files giving a legend for all the different tiles. One thing I noticed, is that there is a Map Tile-set which appears to be tiles for the world map.

Now, whenever I use any tile-set, it always seems to end up using the default ascii for the world map. How can I coax my game to use this lovely meph-made world tileset? Its clean and clear and easy to rear, and would make life so much easier!

thx!
~Alyfox

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Tileset Question(s).. (not about updating!)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 07:01:45 am »

I never fully integrated it, because it would make text unreadable. You'd have to install the map-set, gen a world, take a screenshot of the pretty map; close DF, install a text-set, then play the game.

Will be obsolete when then Steam DF version hits, because that one will have a proper map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::