Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A day in the life [SG]  (Read 3745 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life [SG]
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 08:49:07 am »

Don't explain. Apologize. Be respectful. We messed up, and now we get to pay for it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 08:56:09 am »

Don't explain. Apologize. Be respectful. We messed up, and now we get to pay for it.
+1 Then give him the finger.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 10:17:26 am »

+1 Then give him the finger.
+1 to this minus the finger

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 10:40:43 am »

I used striketrough on it to show I didn't mean for it to be serious, it was there for funny only.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 02:53:58 pm »

I used striketrough on it to show I didn't mean for it to be serious, it was there for funny only.
Ah, ok then

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 11:50:06 am »

You slow down and pull to the side of the road, take a deep breath, and roll your window down. You keep your hands planted firmly on the steering wheel as the officer approaches.

Luck (1d6): 5

The man that walks up is wearing reflective sunglasses that don't reflect much because it's nighttime. Sunglasses at night. You contemplate asking him if he's keeping track of visions in his eyes for a few moments before deciding that's probably a bad idea.

He's obviously exhausted, and he looks you over for a moment before sighing. "License and registration."

"Of course, officer." you say, handing him the appropriate documents and paperwork. "Long day." he says, looking over your papers.

He then looks up at you. "Same?"
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 11:21:20 am »

"Yeah, I'm might have to pull an all nighter in order to finish a project I'm working on."
And answer any other questions truthfully.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 11:25:15 am »

"Yeah, I'm might have to pull an all nighter in order to finish a project I'm working on."
And answer any other questions truthfully.
+1

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2020, 04:02:08 pm »

You shake your head, and sigh. "Nope. Got a project to finish tonight and I may have to stay up all night to finish it."

He seems entirely unimpressed and shrugs, before handing your documents back.

"Whatever, just watch it next time." he says, yawning and walking back to his patrol car.

The remainder of the drive back to the dorms is uneventful, and you watch your speed much more closely than you did before. You hop out and lock the car manually, your keyfob long lost, and you sigh as you approach the 4 story brick hyper-modern structure. You swipe in on the ground floor and look around. Nobody seems to be at and about at the moment. You consider not tucking your shirt in for a moment, but you consider that the whitebelts probably wouldn't like that. You start your long trek up to the fourth floor but stop on the first landing. This feeling, you've had it before. Almost like the feeling you felt in the park. Your hair stands on edge and a grainy noise begins to gurgle throughout your ears.

What on earth? you think to yourself, glancing up the stairs cautiously. You hesitate for a moment, wondering if it would be wise to continue in this direction. You may have an Encounter.

----
Your appraisal of the world enhances. You gain the Encylopaedia ability, which you can consult to learn more about the world around you. One query is allowed per turn, along with whatever action is chosen. Note that while you can query every turn, it may not be wise to, as your focus and concentration on what is happening around you diminishes when you become lost in your thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:10:46 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 06:16:52 am »

Lets hurry to our dorm before the scary thing shows itself, then lock the door behind us.
(I would use the new ability but do to being in a potentially life threatening situation it probably isn't wise to zone out.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 08:04:20 am »

Lets hurry to our dorm before the scary thing shows itself, then lock the door behind us.
(I would use the new ability but do to being in a potentially life threatening situation it probably isn't wise to zone out.)
+1

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2020, 09:40:17 am »

You quicken your pace up the stairs, but you soon realize that the unspeakable dread is coming from that direction. Each step brings more and more fear, more and more terror, more and more longing. Your memories contort into a hazy spiral of chromatic chaos as your vision distorts and the world becomes a circus; multi-colored clowns dancing and jesting, born from your sudden and nightmarish diplopia.

The sounds around you distort into a dissonant and agonizing chord, and the corners of your vision darken as you begin to hyperventilate, pausing on the second floor, your vision focused on the imminent terror that radiates from the top of the stairs.

Status Gain: Initial Panic Attack (-1 to rolls; decreased perception)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:54:13 am by Vivalas »
- Charles Babbage

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 09:55:10 am »

Does the terror have a form?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 12:49:35 pm »

Aw man, looks like we're suffering from some kind of... anxiety disorder? Is that the right word? I'm not sure.

Step away from the stairs, find a wall to sit down against, and take some nice slow breaths. No rush. We can do this.

Has this sort of thing happened to us before?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2020, 04:13:44 pm »

A note: if there is a tie I will choose one of the tied responses by random chance. You can have one action and one ability use per turn. You can also vote to not use an ability, since some abilities might have drawbacks.
- Charles Babbage

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4