Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A day in the life [SG]  (Read 3735 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life [SG]
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 04:42:53 am »

Aw man, looks like we're suffering from some kind of... anxiety disorder? Is that the right word? I'm not sure.

Step away from the stairs, find a wall to sit down against, and take some nice slow breaths. No rush. We can do this.

Has this sort of thing happened to us before?

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2020, 09:18:04 am »

What's going on? Have I always been like this?

"Well, uh, no. Not quite. Are you not aware what is happening?"

No, otherwise why would I be asking you?

"Hm, I was thinking this type of thing would be very familiar to you now. You do it quite a lot."

What are you talking about?

"What I mean, is, well, it's kinda the whole reason you're in this situation to begin with, pal. You just couldn't keep your cool."

Don't call me pal. This isn't funny, I'm fucking losing my mind.

"That is correct. And it's a downward spiral from here until you learn to control your emotions. And hey, I'm just trying to help. What's a subconscious gotta do to get some recognition?"

Cool it. Alright, got it. Just take a deep breath, compose yourself. What the hell is wrong with you? Pull yourself together man.

Breathe in, breathe out. In, out. Resolve (1d6): 6

Status Loss: Initial Panic Attack

The color returns to your vision and a wave of euphoria washes over you. You can do this. I can do this. What am I even freaking out about, anyways? You realize you really need to just fucking chill from time to time. Why the hell can't I always be this composed. It's k--

"Arry. Hello? Arry?"

The voice of a female snaps you out of your stupor. You look around startled, until you localize the source of the voice. In front of you, and... down, nearly a foot shorter than you, is your friend, Alicia. You've known each other about a year now and she's one of the many friends you've made here in that period of time since you arrived. She looks rather concerned, although slightly less now as you notice her.

"Watcha thinking about?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:36:22 am by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 09:35:53 am »

"I heard something that I didn't know what it was, and my vision lost color for a bit"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 09:44:02 am »

+1
changed
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:00:26 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 09:55:48 am »

"...Fear. Nightmares. Clowns."
"I'm feeling kind of out of it."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 10:00:00 am »

"...Fear. Nightmares. Clowns."
"I'm feeling kind of out of it."

+1 I kind of like this one better.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:54 pm »

"Fear. Nightmares. Clowns." you say, staring at the wall behind her blankly, before glancing down at her. She frowns and gives you a quizzical look.

"What? Are you okay?"

"No. I'm feeling very... out of it."

She clicks her tongue affectionately then smiles. "Do you want some medicine or something?" she asks, tilting her head.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 04:22:13 pm »

"I think... I'll be alright in a minute." (Smile.) "Thank you though."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2020, 01:43:35 am »

Query: what is the source of these sudden anxiety attacks?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2020, 05:30:48 am »

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2020, 06:47:02 am »

+1
+1

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 12:35:31 am »

You smile at her. "No, thanks though. I'll be alright in a minute." She smiles back and nods, before continuing down the stairs. "Bye!" she says as she descends to the ground floor.

You sigh and look up. Two more flights of stairs await your trek to the fourth floor, and as you haul yourself up against the will of gravity, you mull.

Why does this happen, again?

"Wait, really? You gotta be shitting me. Don't tell me I'm this stupid, please. I've always thought I was a brilliant mind."

Could you just fucking not be sarcastic for even a single minute?

"No. I'm you, remember? And you love sarcasm. Besides, what would be the fun in that?"

FOCUS.

"Ah, right. The panic attacks. Y'know, whenever you think you might have an Encounter. With Her."

Ah... right. Stumbling across the single person who is simultaneously my greatest nightmare and my sole object of adoration.

You sigh again as you walk up the stairs, and as you turn around at the landing and approach the fourth floor, you hear it again. A deep bass chord rings in your ears, and your heartbeat becomes eerily perceptible. Fuck. Not this again.

You go through the door leading from the staircase to the fourth floor hallway. Ahead of you is a short hallway, about 5 yards long. It turns right at the end, where it then leads down the entire length of the building, where all the dorm rooms are. On the right side of the stretch of hallway presently in front of you is a door, that leads to a hybrid office / study area. You can almost feel the menace radiating from its open portal, and shivers run down your spine at the thought of continuing this direction.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 12:39:48 am by Vivalas »
- Charles Babbage

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 05:26:34 am »

Just keep going to our room, it can't be that much further.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 07:33:11 am »

Just keep going to our room, it can't be that much further.
+1

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2020, 12:00:32 am »

Darkness once again shrouds your vision. The dark warbling resonating in the damp confines of your tympanic cavity. Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump th-thump th-thump, thump thump thump-thump thump-thump... Your heart turns over like a mad beast, its ventricular modulations pumping blood through your body, where cells hungriy absorb oxygen from that primal red river, that creek in your capilary beds from which life grows.

Like an ancient steam engine, cylinders in your legs pump and throttle, your aortic excretions powering your jagged locomotion down the hallway. One foot there, one foot here. Right, then left. Right, then left. Left, then right. You're keenly aware of precisely every motion you make as adrenaline floods your body. Your pupils dilate and you become ultra-aware as you begin to prepare for some as-yet unseen threat that your subconscious has percieved.

Ooooooh shit. Shit.

Shit shit shit.

Shit. Keep it cool. Come on, almost there, almost there, almost...

You've passed the open doorway on your right, faint voices and soft tidal laughter abound through its hard right angles. You're almost to the end of the hallway when you sense a change in the wavelength, the ambient hum drying up. In its place is the sound of chairs moving along the ancient wax molding of the linoleum floor. The voices are coming closer, and you hear the shuffling of feet. Whoever was in that room just a few seconds ago is now leaving it, entering that unshielded and unseen void that is left behind you as your eyes progress forward with the motion of your body.

A madness overcomes you. Do you dare look? Your heartbeat is nearly drowning any unfortunate bit of sound that tries to reach your tympanic membrane, that wants to ring it with its own oscillations-- that wants to make you aware of what is happening in the world. Your vision narrows even more as your breathing reaches a dangerous rate. Throughout your body arterial chemoreceptors note the decreasing oxygen levels as your adrenaline-crazed cells eat up snatch up every last bit of the precious substance, leaving the hemoglobin of your red blood cells barren and depraved. Your breathing increases, your arteries dilate, your heart beats faster. Your vision is turning red now as you start to enter the beginning of a hypertensive crisis, panic flooding you as you start to lose control once again.

Go.

No, don't.
Go.
Stay, look behind you.
Go.
Look behind you.
Go.
Behind you.
Go.
Behind you.
Go.
Behind you.
Go.
Behind you.
Go.
Behind you.

Y̯̩̩̰̦̐̄̂o̤͚͑̚u͕̜̲̭̺͙̐͗̂̓̈̎ͅr̭̟̫͖̳ ̠̞̤̪̞̇̂ͯ͆ͭͮ̌m̦̟̬̦ͧ͑̀ͨ́̐͐ó͙̖v̪̦̫̣̮̙̏̈̊̄ͪe̊̂͛.̣̻͎ͅͅ

- Charles Babbage

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4