Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Faction Wars: A different take on Land Wars.  (Read 938 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Faction Wars: A different take on Land Wars.
« on: November 19, 2019, 08:24:33 pm »

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MAKE YOUR DAMN UPDATE/SUBMISSION SHEETS EXACTLY ONE SPOILER FOR ALL IMMEDIATELY RELEVANT KINGDOM INFORMATION, NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS, FAILURE TO OBEY THIS IS AN AUTO-DECLINE AND A KNOW-THAT-0CRA-JUST-PUT-YOUR-SHEET-THAT-ISN'T-COMPLETELY-ONE-SPOILER-INTO-A-SHREDDER-AFTER-PRINTING-IT-OUT EXPERIENCE

ALSO SPIES ARE NOT ALLOWED

and also remind me to Fix ShitTM in the event I fuck up and make any manner of GM mistake

With that said, here's the rules and info you should read to play.

I advise making your civilization somewhat unique from your generic medieval empire. I am not strict at all on themes, so go make your kingdom whatever you want it to be themed after. Hell, you can make a fucking ROBLOX-themed faction (hell, might as well just play as your roblox group for crying out loud) for all I care, as the only fucks I give regarding what your faction is themed is if it'll fit within the tech level, and if it won't just break the game.

Hello and welcome to Faction Wars, a forum based grand strategy game! In it, players create fictional nations and send their armies after other players in an effort to conquer the world, or failing that, each other. It's a ton of fun. If you don't get the obvious implications of this edited version, this is a edited version of Land Wars that takes normal LW and turns it into a variant involving a more modern tech level and smaller unit tactics. what do you mean i'm just trying to circumvent my inability to easily write up large scale medieval high fantasy battles

If you're new, welcome, and read on; it may be a lot but I promise the game is less complicated than it sounds and it's absolutely worth it.

You can now put your pitchforks with "TL;DR" engraved onto them down, the wall of text just ended.

If you want to join, PM your day 0 update! The deadline to do so is January 15th, after which point the game will start.

(Replace the placeholder fields with something else.)
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Day X]
[b]General Info[/b]:
Faction Name: The Placeholder Army
Theme: Mundanity
Day 0
Acquired Kingdoms: None
Focus:

[b]Map(s)[/b]:
Pictures of the maps of any and all bases controlled by this faction and any other necessary material go here. If the images get too pagestretchy, just have them as URLs with the URL text being a brief description of what the image is.

[b]Troops[/b]:
[i]Troops[/i]:
A description of each unit type (and vehicles your faction has) would go here, as well as what bases they're stationed at.

[b]Supplies:[/b]
[i]Foreign[/i]:
A description of each supply you've acquired through trades and other outside acquisition would go here.

[i]Domestic[/i]:
A description of each supply indigenous to your kingdom would go here.

[b]Projects[/b]:

Descriptions of any notable completed projects that aren't really self-explanatory ("mass produce healing potions" for example) go here. This would be the best place for projects that involve building a fortress/structure or any project that requires additional explanation.

[b]Other[/b]:

Players can choose to leave this area blank. This is an optional space where people can put things such as the history of the kingdom, anything roleplay or in-character related, or it can just be a few random notes about your army and kingdom.
[hr]
Troops:
200 troopers

Total: 200 + 0 Vehicles (0 land + 0 air + 0 sea)

Recruitment:
20 Troops

Total: 20

Supplies:
Starbucks-Coffee Cannon
Baconators

Projects:
Mass produce Baconators (0/3)
Design combat jeeps (0/3)

Completed Projects:
None.
(if this list gets extensive, I advise using some form of spreadsheet to quickly categorize it, since this site doesn't support dual layer spoilers.. It should always be clear how many days it took to complete a past project.)

Log: this is just where you put your thoughts for the day, typically in-character stuff from your faction's leader(s). Feel free to put OOC stuff outside.[/spoiler]

THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR SHEET IS DECEMBER 15, AND THE GAME WILL START BY DECEMBER 20 IF THINGS GO WELL.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:26:50 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faction Wars: A different take on Land Wars.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:46:11 pm »

PTW went to start drawing my bases then realized you wanted something computerized not paper for scale which is fine looking forward to see how it goes.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 07:28:28 am »

PTW went to start drawing my bases then realized you wanted something computerized not paper for scale which is fine looking forward to see how it goes.

I mean, you can always just have a rough scale in the image.
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 07:29:31 am »

Are Heroes still a thing, and is the limit for them still the same?

Edit: Also, it still says robots have to be steam powered. Is that true? I mean, considering we have much better robots now we'd probably have far better military robots than steam-powered by 2020.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:45:57 am by Failbird105 »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:36:38 am »

Are Heroes still a thing, and is the limit for them still the same?

Edit: Also, it still says robots have to be steam powered. Is that true? I mean, considering we have much better robots now we'd probably have far better military robots than steam-powered by 2020.

1: No

2: fuck i should have proofread this shit
it's over