Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Underworld: $hadow Economics [v0.1.8 July 2020] - a text based crime simulation  (Read 9652 times)

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wolf

Hey everyone, I know I've been fairly quiet the past month. I was preparing for university with COVID throwing everything into chaos and then navigating my first week of classes and study. The blog was still being updated regularly but I just wasn't propagating the posts here.

I wrote up some new AI rules for 2.0 per Nerd's request. Originally, we were going to do a separate build that focused on AI later in the 2.x cycle but I know he's very much set on raising the standard at the start of 2.x.

I feel it's worth mentioning that everything is finished for 2.0 except these new AI behaviors. A new save system, deliveries and leadership roles are all implemented. Thankfully there weren't pages of rules for AI behavior at this stage so I know Nerd's hoping for a quick turn-around on their implementation.

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized context is required here as you're all missing the last few posts. We decided to merge 1.9 and 2.0 build cycles into 2.0, so you're getting 2 builds for the price of 1 with our next release.

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wolf

Hey everyone, so bad news. We've hit a few delays after deciding to split v0.1.9 and v0.2.0 again (as you may recall Nerd planned to merge these two together, combining deliveries and leadership roles). So in the upcoming build we have deliveries, not leadership roles. The main reason for this are the AI behavior rules I put together for Nerd last week. There's basically too much to do to make the feature the best it can be in a timely fashion. So we're splitting the build back into two again, and you'll get leadership roles and AI behaviors in v0.2.0. Because we have to split them again, it's taking a little more time than planned to separate the code before dropping it onto our Internal Testers.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

No problem, glad to hear you're still going strong at it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]