Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG  (Read 35742 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2020, 09:02:41 am »

So I just beat Irovetti. I missed that you could talk to the thieves guilds and to the bards to join you. The palace gate fight was easy (two casts of mass ice prison dealt with everyone there). The fight IN the palace was much harder, particularily the corridor with the gbome wizards and the invisible bard archers, but using chokepoints and sirocco with abandon I was able to deal with them. It actually suited me very well because since I had to wait until the sirocco passed I set up camp and refreshed my spells before the final fight with Irovetti.

Afterwards back in the capital I went full game of thrones. I rewarded those that supported me (aka the city guard and the old families of Pitax) and sent to the gallows those that did not (aka thieves guild and that bard, arsimonne). Tbh it was a bit immersion brealing that they came to ask for boons as if they had helped. But it was satisfying to do an old fashioned purge. Too bad I didnt get that Stefano guy
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2020, 09:28:59 am »

Has anyone mentioned Kingmaker is bloated and runs slow, for a Unity game?

Also, if you can't come up with anything interesting to fight for the first few levels without going with swarms (15 ac, pile of hp, and they take 1 damage if you were lucky enough to have brought a torch, and manage to hit? Great plan. Also, they poison you until you die from having a zero stat, when you can't remove poison.) or other things that most characters can't interact with, maybe don't start at low levels.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 09:52:07 am by Iduno »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2020, 01:36:57 pm »

I think the spider swarms were in the original books as well. They're terrible design at low levels in the tabletop, since they basically require a dedicated AoE caster or a pile of alchemical weapons to deal with. Owlcat even reworked that spider cave several times and had Bokken give you some alchemical fires to make it easier.

If they follow the Wrath of the Righteous books closely, the Vescavor Swarms are going to be a nightmare. Just about every campaign has at least one curveball that can wipe the party if you aren't prepared, and every time I've played through Wrath, the party had a hell of a time with these guys. They aren't optional either, unlike some of the more egregious encounters in Kingmaker.

Haven't been keeping up with the Kickstarter updates, but since it's over in a few days, here's a quick update. The current goal is for an optional tactical battle system for army combat, said to be similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 3. It sounds pretty lofty if it isn't a simple minigame, even with some former HoMM devs on the team.

The goals that have been met since my last post are the Oread race, two extra romance options, more combat animations, and more racial features. These features include one race-specific archetype for each race, more race-specific feats, and alternate racial abilities to choose at character creation. Two known archetypes are the Dwarven Stonelord Paladin and the Elven Spell Dancer Magus.

The Oracle's confirmed Mysteries are Ancestors and Battle. No confirmed archetypes or Curses, though the curses referenced sound like Lame, Hellbound, and Powerless.

The Shaman's Spirits will include Battle, Bones, and Wind, and their archetypes will include Spirit Warden, Unsworn Shaman, and Witch Doctor. There will also be a new archetype just for the game called the Spirit Hunter, which gains some Magus-like abilities.

Other custom archetypes include the Arcane Enforcer Slayer, which gains Arcanist Exploits, and the Stigmatized Witch, which is a Charisma-based Witch with an Oracle's Curse. The custom archetypes have supposedly been worked on with Paizo authors, to keep them in balance with the existing archetypes.

Looks like the tactical battle goal is about to be met, and the guess for the next one is more global map events.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2020, 02:32:51 pm »

Part of the problem is lack of knowledge of the mechanics, plus, a lot of the game is about minmaxing and using scrolls. (Which I don´t like because you´re kind of dependent on your main char having high persuasion in order to get through story events. You can get through this but the best chars combatwise are suboptimal for the RPG side of things. )

First time I got to the bloom event in my first playthrough I got TPKs repeatedly because I got charmed.

In my current playthrough? It was a walk in the park. I used global poison resistance, casted heroism for my tanks, and dropped stinking clouds with abandon. Eventually the dryad that acts as miniboss was hit by one of the stinking clouds and my tanks were able to bumrush her. Likewise, with the poison immunity, the only dangerous spider was the doomspider, which was likewise bumrushed once I used glitterdust on her.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2020, 04:26:50 pm »

"Riddles of Areshkagal" appears to be the last one.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2020, 08:56:56 am »

So I think this is probably a Steam or PC problem, but I wanted to check here: has anyone else had trouble downloading P:KM??? My Steam download constantly keeps pausing, no errors, no file system warning. Good connection. I've tried several different fixes, but it'll get to 98-99% and just pause forever. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ah shit, wrong pathfinder thread isnt it?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2020, 03:49:54 pm »

So I think this is probably a Steam or PC problem, but I wanted to check here: has anyone else had trouble downloading P:KM??? My Steam download constantly keeps pausing, no errors, no file system warning. Good connection. I've tried several different fixes, but it'll get to 98-99% and just pause forever. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ah shit, wrong pathfinder thread isnt it?

I think it's just the one, still named for the first game that came out.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2020, 04:58:33 pm »

Yes, but no.

There's just the one thread but it's renamed after the upcoming game.

Actually I believe there was a second one for the upcoming game too now that I think about it.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2020, 12:53:41 pm »

Yes, but no.

There's just the one thread but it's renamed after the upcoming game.

Actually I believe there was a second one for the upcoming game too now that I think about it.

That does explain why there are more threads here than in the General section, even though way fewer people post here.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]