Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tech Age Rebellion: Colony-sim inspired by Rimworld and evil things  (Read 7049 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Age Rebellion: Colony-sim inspired by Rimworld and evil things
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 08:45:19 pm »

Wow, it's been a while!
After about 3 months of work, we've finished work on the first large update for the game - Flora & Farm!

Update Release Teaser Trailer
Release DevLog & ChangeLog

I think I've compressed pretty well what is packed in this update in the Release DevLog, but to make it even shorter:
- Brand New Tutorial
- Rebalanced Gameplay
- 70+ New Items and Objects
- 10+ New Plants
- Many enhancements
- Inumerous Bugfixes

Too short, to be honest. If it seems interesting, I recommend the DevLog again.  :P

There was many, many things we've added or reworked. I'm specially happy about internal changes, rewrites and clean-ups, which should make future updates easier to work on.
I didn't mention in the DevLog that I've added, probably, over 200 soundfiles to the game. I can still hear all sorts of screams, electrical sparks and pickaxe sounds in my sleep.  :'(

After a couple weeks of bugfixing and feedback-gathering, we will start working and focusing on starting a Crowdfunding Campaign.
Unfortunately, a bunch happened in the past months, cornering more and more some of us money-wise, so we are gearing up towards that before we are really forced to slow down too much.
It goes against our original plan, which bothers all of us, but we can't ask anything of some folks in the team that, for example, have been working full-time well over a year with zero funding.
Better to take reality head-on and make the most out of it. Or something like that.

Let me know what y'all think. Any feedback greatly appreciated! And again, thanks for all previous and future support!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2020, 12:17:10 am »

Hey, this looks very interesting. A shame i missed the giveaway! I'll have to keep this Penis Rebellion game in my mind in the future.
Love, scriver~

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2020, 08:29:58 am »

So it's almost the exact opposite of how you're "supposed" to play the game, but I've been playing around with a "lone survivor" scenario by walling in the other colonists.

There doesn't seem to be any notice when somebody starves to death. A warning when the Starving condition procs on the way there, but not when they shuffle off the mortal coil.

There is unexpectedly no Game Over if you "accidentally" starve everybody. Wait long enough (I didn't) and you can get the boat event for replacements?

In one case where I have five rebels trapped and only one free, it is the free one with access to food and maintaining 49-70% hunger levels who got the Starving status and refuses to follow orders. He didn't run off to gorge himself, just stopped mining.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2020, 06:44:46 pm »

Noice. We knew someone would try that scenario eventually. :P I wonder how far you've gotten before getting jumped on.

The no Game Over is sort of intended for now, although we'll definitely improve it a bit by acknowledging the sorry state you've put yourself in.  :P
The starvation stuff is definitely a bug and will be destroyed. I'll have to double check on the death notifications, since those were working too well on certain test cases..

Thanks for trying the new version out! <3
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:54:33 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2020, 09:42:15 am »

I'm back!

We've been putting a lot of work towards building a Kickstarter campaign. Between the last status update here (back in May!), we had a patch to polish and fix a bit the previous major version.
It also fixed the issue mightymushroom had mentioned, and we got a Game Over state in.

On the current news, I've just published a reasonably sized DevLog. It has a bunch of info of what we're working on, and what will be on the next version.
It also includes a 'demo preview' video of the Socialization, Recreation and Relationships features.

DevLog #9 - Big Additions, Refactors & Socialization Demo Video
Socialization & Recreation Cinematic Preview

Next version coming soon - hopefully sometime this August.
Pages: 1 2 [3]