Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Making of minimal raw DF tileset.  (Read 11145 times)

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making of minimal raw DF tileset.
« on: November 25, 2019, 01:19:58 pm »

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 03:06:09 am by waterphage13 »

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making of default raw DF tileset.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 01:24:49 pm »

The core idea of this tileset that it don't need to be rewrited and can fully support any raw mod. Now I've made raw rocks, some raw floors and lava, water, raw ice wall. If you know about how rocks and wood in DF must look, please help me.

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 02:06:55 pm »

It would be nice if there was a way to give custom graphics to smooth/constructed floor tiles instead of replacing the '+' icon for example.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 02:11:53 pm »

It would be nice if there was a way to give custom graphics to smooth/constructed floor tiles instead of replacing the '+' icon for example.
It's just a little piece of the ton of next work. This tileset may became bigger than XXTatteredXX.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 02:00:49 pm »

You can do that, but you'd need TWBT override, which I imagine clashes with the goal of this thread.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 05:05:11 pm »

I don't quite get the goal of this tileset. Is it supposed to be a graphical replacement for Mephday for those who will play DF classic post the premium release? As perhaps not all will want to play with a more stylized packs such as Vettlinger's and Bitlands?

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 11:47:39 am »

I don't quite get the goal of this tileset. Is it supposed to be a graphical replacement for Mephday for those who will play DF classic post the premium release? As perhaps not all will want to play with a more stylized packs such as Vettlinger's and Bitlands?
This tileset support all versions of DF. And for this purpose, I do not see a tileset that uses overrides and transparency fully. What about the style, it will try to make it like mine (XXTatteredXX), but with a rethinking of a couple of points.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:54:50 am by waterphage13 »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 01:03:58 pm »

I think the goal is to make a tileset that uses the same tiles/symbol as in vanilla. Certain tilesets (like Phoebus) use different tiles than in vanilla DF, say an unmined gem might be "122" instead of the vanilla "15". In that case installing a mod that changes said unmined gem back to the vanilla tile will result in the game displaying said gem wrongly.

Or it might be an excuse to sneak a swastika in  :P :P
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 08:13:27 pm »

I think the goal is to make a tileset that uses the same tiles/symbol as in vanilla. Certain tilesets (like Phoebus) use different tiles than in vanilla DF, say an unmined gem might be "122" instead of the vanilla "15". In that case installing a mod that changes said unmined gem back to the vanilla tile will result in the game displaying said gem wrongly.

Or it might be an excuse to sneak a swastika in  :P :P
But isn't that how most non-graphical tilesets work, anyway?
Why call it "default raw DF" as though that's something unique? Awfully confusing.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 11:59:31 pm »

But isn't that how most non-graphical tilesets work, anyway?

Not necessarily, I mean you can always change what tile represents each object and "port" the mod to each tileset .

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 08:05:44 am »

What are you thinking about dark line below ramp? Should I delete it?

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 08:09:30 am »

- darker ramps.

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 10:02:45 am »

Thinking about floor ornaments: