Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Recreational Drugs  (Read 31378 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Recreational Drugs
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2019, 01:59:17 pm »

I think, adding just one activity of smoking cigars and one activity for snuff will be simple, good even for current update and add a lot of modding potential. Cigars may be added as special tools made of leaf in craftdwarf workshop. Snuff will be just POWDER_MISC. Activity of consuming this drugs will be coded like eating or drinking alcohol but with small priority, like socialize. For effects this drugs will use INHALED syndromes, cigars will make smoke, but powder drugs will not.
I'm not sure about putting it on the same level as important functions for living life, like eating, drinking, and socializing. There's plenty of people IRL who have never done drugs and will never do drugs and are perfectly happy with that, myself included - it'd be more than a little odd for it to be a need for the notoriously hidebound dwarves.

Rather, I think there should be some kind of proclivity in the dwarf's genetics, one for how often they would like to go do a drug, the other for how prone they are to addiction (probably a modifier for a base amount statted in the drug). Only when addicted would it become a need the dwarf had to fulfill.

That way, there would be some dwarves who never do drugs, dwarves who only do drugs rarely, dwarves who try it once and get addicted, and so on.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]