Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Orange's Magic  (Read 5030 times)

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orange's Magic
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:08:39 pm »

This is a mod that adds new secrets into Dwarf Fortress. The mod currently doesn't have very many secrets, but I plan on adding many more.

Currently, the mod includes:

• Pyromancy: Fire magic. Allows you to use fireballs, fire jets, dragonfire, and magma spit.
  • Hydromancy: Water magic. Allows you to use ice spikes, water jets, cold blasts, and snow storms.
  • Geomancy: Earth magic. Allows you to use rocks, dust, and earthquakes.
  • Aeromancy: Air magic. Allows you to use suffocation, gusts of wind, and tornadoes.
  • Mentalism: Mental magic. Allows you to confuse and blind enemies.
  • White magic: Holy magic. Allows you to heal yourself and others.
  • Black magic: Evil magic. Allows you to rot creatures and inflict extreme pain.

You can download the mod here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14625

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:38:04 pm by MrOrangeHorseman »
I added lice to hobbit feet last night.
Due to a modding error, I once got sieged by an army of toads lead by a pyromancer. Not toadmen, not giant toads, but toads. The kind cats murder.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: Orange's Magic
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 01:13:05 pm »

Does it operate in the same way that to gain said secrets you need those special tablets given by the gods?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 01:14:47 pm »

Does it operate in the same way that to gain said secrets you need those special tablets given by the gods?

Yes, it does.
Due to a modding error, I once got sieged by an army of toads lead by a pyromancer. Not toadmen, not giant toads, but toads. The kind cats murder.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 01:18:29 pm »

Excellent, ill download this imediately.

Been looking for a magic mod that only gives us magic and not a bunch of new races.

would it be possible to change the associated towers as well so it wont naturally attract a bunch of undead
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:29:53 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 01:39:01 pm »

Excellent, ill download this imediately.

Been looking for a magic mod that only gives us magic and not a bunch of new races.

would it be possible to change the associated towers as well so it wont naturally attract a bunch of undead

I think the towers are hard-coded, so unfortunately, probably not. Fortunately, each secret has a spell for raising the dead, so the towers should hopefully have their raised creatures in them instead of just standard zombies.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 02:19:44 pm »

I think the towers are hard-coded, so unfortunately, probably not. Fortunately, each secret has a spell for raising the dead, so the towers should hopefully have their raised creatures in them instead of just standard zombies.

What sorts of creatures did you have in mind?

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 02:23:17 pm »

What sorts of creatures did you have in mind?

Fire men, gabbro men, blizzard men, and a creature I modded in called "wind men".

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 02:28:59 pm »

Fire men, gabbro men, blizzard men, and a creature I modded in called "wind men".

So youre trying to go for a sorta... elemental creatures? What other magical elements you gonna introduce down the pipeline. I saw one that included some kind of mental domination
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:34:59 pm by Metaltooth »

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 03:03:20 pm »

So youre trying to go for a sorta... elemental creatures? What other magical elements you gonna introduce down the pipeline. I saw one that included some kind of mental domination

I’m not sure what other types of secrets I’ll introduce quite yet, excluding the mentalist. Perhaps black magic and white magic? (Although I’m not sure how raising the dead is going to mesh with the concept of “white magic”.)

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 04:12:58 pm »

I’m not sure what other types of secrets I’ll introduce quite yet, excluding the mentalist. Perhaps black magic and white magic? (Although I’m not sure how raising the dead is going to mesh with the concept of “white magic”.)

Idea, angellic type of undead. Like they look holy and alive. souls returned to their bodies or the "White magic" taking place of the lost soul

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 04:18:09 pm »

Idea, angellic type of undead. Like they look holy and alive. souls returned to their bodies or the "White magic" taking place of the lost soul
Good idea! This is going in the mod when I get around to making white magic.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2019, 04:23:08 pm »

Good idea! This is going in the mod when I get around to making white magic.

Should be like a "seraph"

"Once dead beings brought back using White magic. Though their souls are long since departed, the white magics breathe fickle life into them once more."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 04:25:35 pm by Metaltooth »

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »

White magic is in progress and will be released once I can get the healing spell to work. Mentalism is coming as well in the next update.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:29:58 pm by MrOrangeHorseman »

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 05:44:03 pm »

Version 0.1.3 is now out, featuring mentalism and white magic.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 10:08:21 pm »

Could it be possible to modify the various elementals/summons to have unique behavior and not just be redone undead?
Pages: [1] 2 3