Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Orange's Magic  (Read 5039 times)

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orange's Magic
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 10:09:57 pm »

Could it be possible to modify the various elementals/summons to have unique behavior and not just be redone undead?
Unfortunately, I would imagine not, since there’s a list of tokens that can be added by a syndrome. A lot of the ones to change behavior aren’t on the list.
I added lice to hobbit feet last night.
Due to a modding error, I once got sieged by an army of toads lead by a pyromancer. Not toadmen, not giant toads, but toads. The kind cats murder.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 10:14:19 pm »

Alright what about on the Light magic and the Mental one

Giving the summons the ability to talk and think? Or attribute special unique attacks for them that cause syndromes
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:17:14 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 10:17:22 pm »

Alright what about on the Light magic and the Mental one

Giving the summons the ability to talk and think?
CAN_TALK and CAN_LEARN aren’t on the list, so I’m afraid not.
Due to a modding error, I once got sieged by an army of toads lead by a pyromancer. Not toadmen, not giant toads, but toads. The kind cats murder.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 10:22:15 pm »

On the CE_ADD_TAG you can insert BLOODSUCKER, CAN_LEARN, CAN_SPEAK, CRAZED etc. wouldnt it be possible to give that to one post transformation?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »

On the CE_ADD_TAG you can insert BLOODSUCKER, CAN_LEARN, CAN_SPEAK, CRAZED etc. wouldnt it be possible to give that to one post transformation?
I must have misread the list. I’ll add CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN to the seraphs.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 10:28:03 pm »

Might be wise to experiment, see if you can make your summonables nice and varied

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 12:26:45 pm »

Black magic is in the works. I'll release it once I can get two of its interactions working.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 12:30:10 pm »

Whats the theme of black magic? What all will it do?

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 12:32:50 pm »

Whats the theme of black magic? What all will it do?
The main theme of black magic is inflicting horrible diseases. It'll let you inflict necrosis, bleeding, oozing, and extreme pain.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 01:23:54 pm »

The main theme of black magic is inflicting horrible diseases. It'll let you inflict necrosis, bleeding, oozing, and extreme pain.

Would it be possible to give an ability with Black magic to spray a liquid or gas that causes a lot of horrible ailments or causes morale hurting effects like fear or tantrums? Like some sorta caustic sludge that can coat a target and induce syndromes. Concentrated darkness.

Summon up the tar dude from that one Star Trek episode

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:33:17 pm by Metaltooth »

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 01:33:38 pm »

Would it be possible to give an ability with Black magic to spray a liquid or gas that causes a lot of horrible ailments or causes morale hurting effects like fear or tantrums? Like some sorta caustic sludge that can coat a target and induce syndromes. Concentrated darkness
It certainly would be. I’ll make sure to add this in the update.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2019, 05:32:26 pm »

What new syndromes and effects you gonna add next?

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 06:01:22 pm »

What new syndromes and effects you gonna add next?
As in what new secrets?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 06:08:44 pm »

As in what new secrets?

Like... magical abilities/effects that can be used by those who learn the magic and the new summonables

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »

Like... magical abilities/effects that can be used by those who learn the magic and the new summonables
Currently, I’m planning on adding a tsunami ability to hydromancers that sends water everywhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3