Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What is the stupidest thing you've Done In Adventure mode  (Read 11976 times)

Swordbomb101

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Brubs
    • View Profile
What is the stupidest thing you've Done In Adventure mode
« on: November 30, 2019, 03:19:17 pm »

Plz No Profanity
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 03:21:36 pm by Swordbomb101 »
F*** logic I have Potashroom Vodka

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: What is the stupidest thing you've Done In Adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 04:02:39 pm »

Y'know how some of those world-gen dwarf fortresses come with big pits in the middle of the central stairwell, running all the way from surface level to the magma sea?

Well, I was walking down one of those stairwells, and my FPS wasn't great, so I thought I'd speed things up... by jumping down the pit. And grabbing the walls to slow my fall.

Yeeahhh. That didn't go so well.

(Welcome to the forums! :)))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 04:04:13 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 04:09:48 pm »

Tried to start a cordial conversation with a demon lord once.

He was surprisingly polite in response...it's just too bad this was while he was impaling my torso with a venomous stinger.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 10:21:16 pm »

Tried to start a cordial conversation with a demon lord once.

He was surprisingly polite in response...it's just too bad this was while he was impaling my torso with a venomous stinger.
see demon lords have to react quickly if an adventurer starts a convo given they have a weakness that starts by talking to them.

the foolish thing I did in adventure mode seems to be doing all this research into bogeymen as it seems like it going to waste the next update, like man I just got Civil bogeymen with modding entities too so it's vanilla pregen civil bogeymen. I guess there probably more chances of studying the new type of bogeymen in the evil regions... when I can generate a world that would have them... but it would be a PAINFUL constantly reloading process that would require generating a world that would have a large evil region and standing around a bunch of Husk death funk stuff.
other than that a bunch of crimes against nature.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mobilescrub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:53:21 pm »

Practiced swimming during sunset and got encased in ice.  Still in awe to this day.

Hydrocyanide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 04:24:15 am »

Getting into a fight on top of a volcano (no, I don't know what I was thinking). One automatic dodge later I was inspecting the volcano from inside.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 12:10:24 am »

Tried to wrestle a groundhog naked to get my toughness up. Ended up being bitten hard enough to pass out from pain. Lay there for two days or something with this groundhog gnawing on my head until I finally bled out.

Also rammed a minecart I'd just found into the side of a building at full speed and just exploded in gore.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 06:44:29 am »

Crossing the ocean to 1-tile island inhabited by single ettin.

Then it thawed. Despite having [SWIMS_INNATE], the shock and horror drowned my adventurer.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 10:22:09 pm »

Clumsy fingers: holding directional movement in an underground corridor with no side-step tiles while using a cheery lvl1 peasant and walking into the viewrange of a GCS.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 10:12:40 pm »

I've got a few:

1. Didn't check if anything was in a river before crossing it, that adventurer got eaten by a crocodile in that river.

2. Decided to try my luck against a demon bandit master that had seen me, I don't recall why I went into that camp but I recall quite clearly that adventurer didn't get out of it alive.

3. Decided to not abandon my two stupid companions who charged the exact same demon bandit master I ran into in situation 2, this time truly on accident. Probably because I had the foolhardy thought that they'd be anything other than fodder for the demon. Ended up being killed with my adventurer's own mace to the head after it got taken from me.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 12:46:47 am »

I got lost in a (former human) city I just discovered, invaded and populated by goblins. It was so full, I somehow accidentally collided against them, when moving, and this aggroed everyone! Couldn't resist an opportunity for some classic battle with my companions against the endless hordes of evil. So much blood and entrails and F.U.N. ensued! Of course, we eventually got exhausted fighting them all, and perished, but it was worth it. Might pay a second visit one day, if I can recall its name.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 02:14:58 am »

Might pay a second visit one day, if I can recall its name.
The site your adventurer died in is probably mentioned on their legends page.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 03:47:43 pm »

Might pay a second visit one day, if I can recall its name.
The site your adventurer died in is probably mentioned on their legends page.
Good point! I'll check that out when I'm finished with my current adventurer.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 09:43:33 pm »

Made a wormman.

Fought a horse.

Got kicked once and turned into a red mist.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 09:04:50 pm »

The most mundane stupid thing I've ever done was walk into a river which fed into a waterfall, with inevitable consequences. Found out my adventurer wasn't nearly as good at swimming against a current as I thought they were.

The other would be waiting for a were-mammoth to transform in order to get bitten and attain legendary swoleness every full moon. Were-mammoth kicked my head instead of biting me
Pages: [1] 2 3 4