Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the stupidest thing you've Done In fortress mode  (Read 2989 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What is the stupidest thing you've Done In fortress mode
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 02:11:30 pm »

So one has to wonder why you did it a third time if you already lost the save twice?

- make backups of your world before every adventurer and fortress
- raise the child cap if thats why youre crashing.  it was set low to prevent dwarfslosions.
- make a pit full of spikies, make it a gatheing point, and set the spikies to 'tenderize'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 02:46:28 pm »

Set up a system to flood the entire fortress with magma, but also put in drains to un-magma the fort if I wanted to.

Did not make all levers out of magma safe materials.

The magma part worked though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

âbirtobul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 04:52:09 pm »

Had a low skill 1 man militia dwarf punch a goblin poet to death. Because after goblin invasion he was ready to leave and looking at him said 'questions about the fortress'. Once punched to death away from fort I see that 'Questions about the fortress' was a book he wrote about an unrelated fort. The goblin poet was innocent.  :-\

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 06:12:44 pm »

After waiting two years for a siege to show up, and after allowing them to slaughter the dwarves caravan just so they could get to my cage traps, I finally got a goblin to act as bait for my silk farm.

In my excitement, I forgot to take away his crossbow.

BWAHAHAHHAA. This one, this is the one.
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 12:19:22 am »

So one has to wonder why you did it a third time if you already lost the save twice?
Did you read the name of the thread?

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 12:51:15 pm »

The first time was when my sister begged me to let her play and discovered the breeding warren. The second time was when I fell asleep on the keyboard and woke up to find my unit list clogged with babies and then my miner gave birth to quadruplets and the game crashed. The third time was intentional. Did not know why that happened earlier, so tried to make a lot of babies because I wanted some more workers.

If I skewer the babies then all my female kobolds will tantrum due to having 20-30 children each. Who have just been tenderized in front of their eyes. That would make any sane being tantrum or go insane, no matter what race.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:54:03 pm by Dragofire »
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 03:44:11 pm »

My most consistent stupid thing that I do is making a military too late. That tends to go very badly since I focus on getting my industries and housing (the latter piles up due to migrant waves) done before pretty much anything else. But the one I think back to is trying to redirect a river without 1) damming up the other direction and 2) not realizing that said other side would act as another source for the water flow. Not that I could effectively dam up the other direction of the river, since it didn't freeze in winter. And I never did check the wiki or threads for tips on that. Yeah, big brain fart moment.
Pages: 1 [2]