Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: World of Monsters(SG)  (Read 26400 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: World of Monsters(SG)
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2020, 07:38:25 am »

Learn a new skill:  Scouting.  It'll help us avoid ambushes and travel places with less chance of detection.
Talk/Hang with{+Charisma}
-Spouse{possible conception}

Train Stealth{+Stealth}
Fight/wrestle{+strength, +tactics}
-with friends

Train Strength{+Strength}

+1
+1 as well
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 28, 2020, 11:02:07 pm »

Learn a new skill:  Scouting.  It'll help us avoid ambushes and travel places with less chance of detection.
-Spouse{possible conception}

Train Stealth{+Stealth}
-with friends

+1
+1

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2020, 06:07:34 pm »

Turn 10:
You start off the turn learning a new skill, scouting(discover hidden traps and ambushes easier(+/- to exploration) it starts at dabbling. You then spend some time training your strength and stealth and get a lot more sneakier and a bit stronger. To test how your strength has improved you wrestle with your friends. [wrestle: You: 8+3.5=11.5 vs Friend1: 1+1.5=2.5; Friend2: 2+1.5=3.5; Friend3: 3+2.5=5.5; Friend4: 1+2=3; Friend5: 7+2.5=9.5; Friend6: 3+2.5=5.5; Friend7: 3+0.5=3.5]Most of your friends are pushovers so it wasn't much of a challenge, only 1 of your friends even came close to tiring you and you still beat him. You did learn a bit in the way of tactics but since there was no challenge strength-wise you barely feel any stronger after that.

The long winter month was tiring(mentally and physically) with all the training and wrestling. So you decide to spend some time with your spouse near the end of the month. She is definitely pregnant and next turn will see you both as parents.

Next turn is still winter, which seems off.

Overall changes: stealth increases by 1; strength and charisma barely increase; tactics slightly increased; -19 food

Turn 10 is over, Choose Turn 11's action(s)(FIVE actions available):
Strength based actions:
Organize a hunt{++food, +hunting}(all rolls halved and time increased by 2)
-With superiors
-With friends{+leadership}
-With spouse
-with superiors
-with friends
Challenge superior{possible rank up, possible death}
-Alpha
-Beta

Stealth based actions:
Spy on{+stealth, +intel}
-write in
Capture prey{+food, +stealth}
Train Stealth{+Stealth}

Leadership based actions:
Organize exploration{+leadership, +area intel}(all rolls halved and time increased by 2)
Train Leadership{+leadership}
Create a personal squad(must be taken with: Convince the Alpha to let you have a personal squad)

Charisma based actions:
-Friends{+friends}
-Superiors{+relations}
-Spouse{be at the birth of your offspring}
Train Charisma{+charisma}
Convince the Alpha to let you have a personal squad

General actions:
Overall training{+random stat}
Learn Skill(write in){learn a new skill}
Train Skill(write in){improve said skill}
Write in{improve ???}

Spoiler: Personal Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: den/pack (click to show/hide)

I really need to stop procrastinating on the updates so they aren't almost a month between each.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2020, 06:39:22 pm »

We're almost there for strength, leadership, and charisma.

Let's wrestle with our superiors - maybe even with the alpha, though not for rank - try to convince the alpha to let us have a personal squad and, if successful, go assemble one (the friend who actually managed to challenge us a bit is definitely in if yes), of course be with our spouse when she has birth, and finally do some more scouting training.
(If we don't get permission to make a personal squad, we should still spend some time assessing our packmates' skills for future reference.)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2020, 06:39:46 pm »

Let's wrestle with our superiors - maybe even with the alpha, though not for rank - try to convince the alpha to let us have a personal squad and, if successful, go assemble one (the friend who actually managed to challenge us a bit is definitely in if yes), of course be with our spouse when she has birth, and finally do some more scouting training.
(If we don't get permission to make a personal squad, we should still spend some time assessing our packmates' skills for future reference.)

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 04, 2020, 06:51:54 pm »

On the topic of your packmates' skills, I have been slowly(read just started) filling out everyone's stats(skills are more MC focused things tho if you train someone in something they could train that skill and someone else and so on and so forth) would you all be interested to have them in the pack stats spoiler as you figure them out. Unless one of you want to make a chart/table that's fine as well.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2020, 06:55:38 pm »

I think we should train our weaker pack mates in strength without hurting them. We didn’t injure anyone during our wrestling, did we?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2020, 07:28:05 pm »

I'd recommend going two-on-one for strength training.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2020, 07:35:33 pm »

I think we should train our weaker pack mates in strength without hurting them. We didn’t injure anyone during our wrestling, did we?
When you are wrestling you generally try not to hurt each other too much, generally the injures from wrestling heal before the next turn(Tho if they roll a 1 they might be a little sore going into the next turn).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 05, 2020, 04:00:47 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2020, 09:19:32 pm »

Turn 11:
You start off the month by asking the Alpha and Beta if they would like to wrestle and they agree. [wrestle: You:3+3.5=6.5 vs Alpha: 5+5=10; Beta: 2+7=9]You get trounced by your superiors, so much so that you humbly request of the Alpha to set up your own personal squad [Convince: You: 9+2.5=11.5 vs Alpha: 3+4=7]he agrees, convincing himself that it is only because he likes you. you then go about setting up you squad, putting the guy how put up a fight last turn and the 2 other guys that took down the elephant with you.

After that victory, ya the defeat was a victory just to get your squad, you tell yourself. Anyway, after all that you get word that your mate is going into labor and you quickly rush to her side, a couple hours later and you see that you have 4 daughters. Later in the month The Alpha female and the Beta female also give birth, more than doubling your pack size and making the den a little cramped. You decide to do some Scout training to get ready to move if necessary.

The long winter is over and spring has arrived. The Alpha is entertaining ideas for den expansion or new den spots.

Overall changes: strength increases by 1; leadership and charisma barely increase; scout leveled up; tactics slightly increased; 19 new pups; a goal was completed giving 0.8 fame; -57 food

Turn 11 is over, Choose Turn 12's action(s)(FIVE actions available):
Strength based actions:
Organize a hunt{++food, +hunting}
-With superiors
-With friends{+leadership}
-With spouse
-with superiors
-with friends
Challenge superior{possible rank up, possible death}
-Alpha
-Beta

Stealth based actions:
Spy on{+stealth, +intel}
-write in
Capture prey{+food, +stealth}
Train Stealth{+Stealth}

Leadership based actions:
Organize exploration{+leadership, +area intel}
Train Leadership{+leadership}
Discover the stats of your personal squad

Charisma based actions:
-Friends{+friends}
-Superiors{+relations}
-Spouse
Train Charisma{+charisma}

General actions:
Overall training{+random stat}
Learn Skill(write in){learn a new skill}
Train Skill(write in){improve said skill}
Write in{improve ???}

Den actions:(These options are mutually exclusive and ONLY available this turn)
Explore for a bigger den
Expand current den

Spoiler: Personal Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: den/pack (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal squad (click to show/hide)

Wow your pack is growing those were some very good growth rolls, just to let you all know every turn turns I will roll for growth and it's based on the rank of the females involved(only females that have been adults and in the pack for at least 5 turns are counted). Also as your pack grows I will not be keeping track of who is related to who(though if someone wants to just ask and I'll send you the rolls).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:38:29 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2020, 09:34:35 pm »

Pack growth is good, but it also means we very much need more food. Let’s go on a hunt, while also looking for potential den locations.
Before going, of course, we should evaluate our squad’s capabilities, and maybe get them better organized (combination of training them and training our tactics skill).

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2020, 09:37:26 pm »

In no particular order:

- Be present for the birthing of our offspring.
- Organize a grand hunt with our friends.
- Take our personal squad and scout our surroundings for a larger den-site.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2020, 09:39:10 pm »

In no particular order:

- Organize a grand hunt with our friends.
- Take our personal squad and scout our surroundings for a larger den-site.

You... seem to be a bit late.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2020, 09:40:22 pm »

Sorry that was an action from last turn, not valid this turn as it already happened, unless you mean to spend time with them and/or your mate.

Edit: ninja'd by Glass.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24