Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21380 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2019, 02:06:11 am »

A warrior named named Usturb is raised to a champion of Metalhand.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2019, 02:44:29 am »

"...
There has been a change of plans.
"
(3 CP) Metalhand selects the greatest warrior of his devoted in the Temple of Enki.
(5 DP) Metalhand creates an iron-and-enkmen warhammer that is formed before Usturb.
The Shattered Statue has decided to rob us of the fruits of our efforts - ones which have gone on for many decades. Go and fight alongside those chosen of Basderieen and end them.
Usturb, you shall be the first line - you can take hits, so allow yourself to be the first to do so.
Let all others take up arms - ranged weapons such that they need not get close, and hammers if the Statue should attack them.
And know that you all bear a message to the Statue: the Mantle of Enki shall not be stolen from us so simply.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:56:30 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Orange Juice Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2019, 03:10:06 am »

Retain forms an accoutrement as a gift for a job well done, intending to hand its metaphorical reins to Sharna.
Action (3 DP)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2019, 12:41:15 pm »

Fu awakens from their slumber.

A tower, huh.. I somehow feel something has occurred far away.

"Welcome Anunnaki, Pesh. I admit I did not see your coming, but."

"This beuty is quite different from the one I know, but beautiful in it's own way."

Fu ponders.

Spoiler: Counting (click to show/hide)

Hmm, I'll need a bit more power still.

Orange Juice Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 01, 2020, 02:50:56 am »

Action (2 CP)

Retain upgrades Sharna to champion status in order to allow them to wield accouterments such as Will Over Iron.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2020, 11:16:15 am »

((Got a thesis rolling so most important things will usually be hitting by the near end of the month or in between--sorry for slowness on all fronts!))

Tala was distressed.
There was still the crabs, there were still the security issues, and worst of all--there was now the beginnings of bureaucracy: In the Spirit layers, there was a great storm, known only by Guar's mention (as it was notable that Metalhand and Guar had become her allies and intentfully, their people too, through the sleep and half-century prior).
Free Act: Hold Court

Tala ingressed
after the events of the court: She had met the 3 noble spirits of her lands, two of whom were only mentioned prior, and one of whom was utterly new; Ashburigal (Spirit of Regal Age); Kanty (The Deadened Flame); and Bambonix (Infernal Warden). Ravash, of only minor mention in decades prior, was nowhere to be seen. Ashburigal was, as far as Tala could assume given her own inspections and interactions of the last (turn) 5 decades, responsible for the monument--it helped that she had personally ingressed and spoke to them prior. Kanty was the spirit of the river-waters, and one of the main forces keeping the area fertile and healthy. Bambonix was the new entity. Outside of the 3 noble spirits, the numbers of spirits were in the hundreds and divided into groups of near a hundred and more, each: Greater labours, Free Spirits, and Soul-spirits, each having the responsibilities of various aspects of creation, freedom of strict slavish duty to reality, and those bearing souls (of which were of great value into the "P"ower of spirits like herself, which...was a point to clarify one day).

[editing with results thereafter--resolving on discord]

Hearing the issues in court--of which, it is to be known that "hearing court" meant holding a personally uniquely made court within the outer shell of her soul--which was made of whatever she wanted it to be and of whatever appearance she wished, she marked her goals and made known her ideas. She was to bring forth a cursory creature akin to lightroot, but one that would express her insight, her considerateness, her values, and even her wrath. This would take up most of her time, and curiously, because she had noticed that she could no longer directly give sapience to lightroot as there was an entity blocking such from happening; with the help of her allies, she arrived at the assumption that this was likely not Pesh's doing--or if it were, it was by indirect means.

Other pressing matters included the 3 philosophical schools of thought headed by her people, with two of them being local to the Lawful Lands; these would become plans into a greater form given her powers and freedom to act, but this had to be balanced with her creation of new life--those vile crabs needed to get out!
Spoiler: Good Fluffy Context (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2020, 05:25:19 pm »

Metalhand "gifts" all Peshite entities within his influence to Pesh, and will do the same to any further entities that enter his influence over the remainder of his awakening.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2020, 05:34:53 pm »

Guar contests all Pesh sendings in his influence. Except for Metalhand's sending of Pesh affiliated creatures back to Pesh.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2020, 12:12:33 pm »

Guar organizes a Divine Feast, of proportions unlike the world has seen. He designates a company of messengers as messengers under the authority of the Edict of Roads and Thoroughfare, and sends them off to invite the leadership of several nations, as well as their populace, to the grand festivities. The festival shall be held on a solstice near the beginning of Guars awakening, but not so early as to make preparations overly difficult. It will be held under the magical light of Guar's pillar. The festival is a celebration of a new era in Guar's religion, among other reasons. There shall be food, festivities, fornication, music, sport and revelry of all kinds! Peoples of all nations and gods will journey to Guar's Divine Festival, bringing with them the best their culture has to offer in food, entertainment, and goods.

Guar shall hold the first Divine Feast! (One Action)

During the festival Guar will go before his people and make a speech: My flock, my children, my friends, my guests, and all who gather here today! I welcome you to the first of many feasts. The world is changing, and so I too change with it, and so must we all. In a bygone age, I declared the world to be entering an Era of Blood to your ancestors. Upon this day, I reappear before you to declare the Era of Blood has come to an end! Let your family and friends rejoice! Let your ancestors rejoice! For in this age, their descendants have survived through the Blood Era. Now, we enter an age of Growth! Together we shall grow, not only as nations, but as denizens of this world.

Yet, is age is not without consequence or without conflict. A monster named Pesh has entered this world. I went to confront it in the spirit world, but it escaped my grasp and fled. Shortly after, Fu allowed the monster to enter this world. Yet his hubris was too great and the beast betrayed him. Fu was too weak to defeat the beast, and is still held hostage by the creature! A fitting reward for his betrayal of this world and it's people. Look north and you will already see the actions of this monster. Not only has it corrupted Fu, but it sends twisted abominations south towards Durham, towards the Lawful Lands, and soon, towards your lands. Make no mistake, and let all those who are absent here today, I shall rise to the occasion and slay the beast so that the world may once again know true peace!

The world has changed. I have changed. And so too, does my righteous religion change. I hereby end the call for blood sacrifice! No more are mortals and animals to be slaughtered for their blood. No, the work of you, my worshipers has sated my thirst. Rejoice, for through your collective efforts, you have satisfied your god. Now, my hunger grows strong. So I have called you forth to share in this great feast. Food from across the world has come here, to be shared by all. Food from Lawful lands to Flintish Lands. Food from Anka to Durham. And with it, people, culture, music, goods, and new friends. Look around and rejoice, from this point onwards, when you eat, you eat with Guar. My holy spirit shall watch over you when you take to your hunts, when you till your fields, and when you eat. To eat is also to feed me. Through me, your food shall be plenty, your body's strong, your hearts merry, and your souls full.

Now, please friends, take, eat, and be merry with Guar!

Guar then eats. Later, Anjuar provides further decree from Guar on the major commandments minor religious changes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:32:33 pm by Roboson »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2020, 05:43:37 pm »

Shelldon gives some orders to Aea
Subsoul: Aea the right claw
Orders:
>[Order 1] build a humble shrine for Kyree, a spirit that serves me and tells me of events that happen in the spirit world
>[Order 2] annually bring a harem of 5 virgins to offer to Kyree for there great serves to Shelldon
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:23 am »

After having named Sallaa Salaatu for her commendable work in community-building, Kakkabum gazed upon his flawless form and found it overdressed. So much so, in fact, that it was only a matter of time until something got stolen by an uppity mortal thief. His words of baffled shock are preserved:
""Pssᴛ. Hᴇʏ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜɴᴋ! Wᴀɴɴᴀ ᴀᴅᴢᴇ?"
Quote from: Sallaatu
THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE IS THE TRUE DAWN
Any adze from great teacher is eternally welcome in the realm that is Sallaatu!
"SALUTATIONS. the adze's LIGHT is the STAR of AN ANCIENT SEA. Take this Adze, and with it FORGE A NEW WORLD from the PYLONS of old. BLIND the vile FISH who exalt the lunatic Tides. THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE IS THE TRUE DAWN!"
With this unhinged proclamation proclaimed, Kakkabum is recorded as having given the Elder Adze to the Second Dreamer Sallaatu
Quote from: Sallaatu
oh venom-thinned beauty, I take-shape this piece of slivers with my tusk-shorn trunk!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]