Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Republic - Rule a space nation! OOC Thread.  (Read 706 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
The Republic - Rule a space nation! OOC Thread.
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:47:42 am »

This thread is for all OOC discussion and applications as well as any questions you might have.

Main game thread

Game sheet

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic - Rule a space nation! OOC Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 02:14:33 pm »

OOC PTW FTW FFS ROFLMAO
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 03:48:48 pm »

I would not really call my character " mercenary type" , I aimed for corporate dude with questiinable morals  getting into politics to protect big business interests dude vibe, what do I need to change in bio ?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:43 pm »

Sprinkled, I don't think there is anything in particular you need to change, I guess I just needed more definition on your character and the potential path you are looking to take. I see nothing wrong with your character as such, so join in. At the moment you will be a representative, so you have full access to the Senate but no voting rights, as you need to get elected on ticket of one of the parties or as an independent if you can fund your own campaign.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 12:48:55 pm »

Guys, to move things forward, I will be moving things to turn 2 after you decide the remaining issues - instead of debating them separately, if you bundle your proposals for these  so we can vote on them straight away, I can also give you freedom to do more things in turn 2.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 08:42:19 am »

the Issue with your research budget is that there are no rules for research...so spending money on it seems pretty pointless to me especially at this early stage, where we should concentrate on actually useful things like expanding and growing the economy.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 09:01:09 am »

Just so we are clear on research - is there anything in particular you are looking to develop? I do not have any tech tree, nor large developments in mind, save for whatever you guys come up with - just ask me if X is feasible with the tech level of the game.
If you want to fund a large program, like the colonisation one or terraforming or some high-energy thing, I will treat them like long-term, multi-turn events that need constant funding and supervision, with potential events around them.