Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A New World[SG]  (Read 1714 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
A New World[SG]
« on: December 02, 2019, 01:08:21 am »

In the far reaches of the galaxy the humans call The Milky Way, despite the lack of the drink “milk” or a specific direction, there are many stars.
(Pick a type of star, if requested, I will find and give the types of info asked for on the various classes of stars. They are ordered from highest to lowest Effective Temperature (ET)
O: ET ≥ 30,000 K
B: ET = 10,000–30,000 K
A: ET = 7,500–10,000 K
F: ET = 6,000–7,500 K
G: ET = 5,200–6,000 K
K: ET = 3,700–5,200 K
M: ET = 2,400–3,700 K
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:52:42 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: A New World[SG]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:04:44 am »

G

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:58:40 am »

O
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 04:23:23 am »

G
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 09:45:37 pm »

O

MOST ENERGY BEST!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 12:07:38 pm »

GOGO
There is a tie, another day hoping for more suggestions/a tiebreaker

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 12:11:50 pm »

Flip a coin, O it is.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 01:03:32 pm »

O

The humans didn’t find any planets orbiting O stars, but their technology is primitive. We found a planet orbiting an O star.
Pick an orbital distance and
Pick a planet type:
Chthonian planet: An extrasolar planet that orbits close to its parent star. Most Chthonian planets are expected to be gas giants that had their atmospheres stripped away, leaving their cores.

Carbon planet: A theoretical terrestrial planet that could form if protoplanetary discs are carbon-rich and oxygen-poor.
City planet   A hypothetical planet where all of its surface is urbanized.

Coreless planet: A theoretical planet that has undergone planetary differentiation but has no metallic core. Not to be confused with the Hollow Earth concept.

Desert planet: A theoretical terrestrial planet with very little water.

Gas dwarf: A low-mass planet composed primarily of hydrogen and helium.

Gas giant: A massive planet composed primarily of hydrogen and helium.

Helium planet: A theoretical planet that may form via mass loss from a low-mass white dwarf. Helium planets are predicted to have roughly the same diameter as hydrogen–helium planets of the same mass.

Ice giant: A giant planet composed mainly of 'ices'—volatile substances heavier than hydrogen and helium, such as water, methane, and ammonia—as opposed to 'gas' (hydrogen and helium).

Ice planet: A theoretical planet with an icy surface and consists of a global cryosphere.

Iron planet: A theoretical planet that consists primarily of an iron-rich core with little or no mantle.

Lava planet: A theoretical terrestrial planet with a surface mostly or entirely covered by molten lava.

Ocean planet: A theoretical planet which has a substantial fraction of its mass made of water.

Protoplanet: A large planetary embryo that originates within protoplanetary discs and has undergone internal melting to produce differentiated interiors. Protoplanets are believed to form out of kilometer-sized planetesimals that attract each other gravitationally and collide.

Puffy planet: Also known as a hot Saturn. A gas giant with a large radius and very low density which is similar to or lower than Saturn's.

Silicate planet: A terrestrial planet that is composed primarily of silicate rocks. All four inner planets in our Solar System are silicon-based.

Terrestrial planet: Also known as a telluric planet or rocky planet. A planet that is composed primarily of carbonaceous or silicate rocks or metals.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »

Ocean Planet

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 01:27:42 pm »

Ocean Planet
Who knows what could lie within it's depths. :P
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 03:31:25 pm »

Ocean Planet its like water world but its not our fault.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 07:31:10 pm »

Ocean planet

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 08:31:46 pm »

Lava Planet

Like an ocean planet but better!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 08:51:10 pm »

Ocean World

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 08:07:09 pm »

(Sorry for the delay)
Ocean world selected
60 AU from the star, an ocean planet is in orbit. Within its depths, various forms of life have inhabited here for many star rotations. Our probes have found one species starting to use tools.

Pick a species that gains tool use

Toobo(s): Creatures that look like Terran octopuses with scales. They feed on Yuraba. They are hermaphroditic, they mate by linking all of their tentacles together to combine genetic information, then they separate and lay eggs.

Yuraba(s): creatures that look like Terran starfih with fins at the ends of the tentacles for locomotion through the water. Yuraba eat the chemicals from hydrothermal vents in the planet. They will also eat the eggs of Toobos if found without the adults. They reproduce asexually. When one of them gets large enough a tentacle gets torn off to become a new individual.

Welar(s): Creatures that look like cubes that move by bouncing off of various surfaces. Each of the 6 “faces” can spawn either a mouth or a spike. The spike being thrust into the surface it is on pushes it away for movement. If it lands on a Toobo or Yeraba it spawns a mouth to feed on their blood. They are much smaller than their prey and can sometimes eat young Yuraba when heading through the water. They reproduce by splitting off part of themselves to go inside of their target, usually a Toobo. This small piece will grow into a new Welar in time, at which point they use spikes to break out of their host.
Pages: [1] 2