Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Survival [ISG]  (Read 4923 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival [ISG]
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 03:14:01 am »

Some poisons are neutralized by high temperatures. As we surely can't drain the blood by this time though, it might be quite saturated with it. Not sure if we want to take the risk.

Either way, we can use the carcass as bait of some kind. Gathering some stones, and stashing them next to a bush, while dragging the corpse within prime throwing range of it, could easily net us some birds. We want to keep a stick or club of some sort at the ready though - bigger predators might come by, and while I wouldn't support hunting them, we want to have something to drive them off if neccessary.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 05:56:47 am »

Some poisons are neutralized by high temperatures. As we surely can't drain the blood by this time though, it might be quite saturated with it. Not sure if we want to take the risk.

Either way, we can use the carcass as bait of some kind. Gathering some stones, and stashing them next to a bush, while dragging the corpse within prime throwing range of it, could easily net us some birds. We want to keep a stick or club of some sort at the ready though - bigger predators might come by, and while I wouldn't support hunting them, we want to have something to drive them off if neccessary.
+1
+1

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2020, 07:01:08 am »

Updating tomorrow.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2020, 11:03:40 am »

You use common sense, the fact that the apple was eaten, and that you heard something suffering in the night to assess that the creature was killed by eating the poisonapple.

You drag the carcass near the branches you prepared for the campfire, hide in the branches, collect a few medium-sized round rocks, pile them near the branches, grab a thick branch, and wait for any scavengers to appear.

A bird that looks like a crow but is more the size of a vulture flies down.

You throw a few rocks at it.

The spinning rock strikes the vulturecrow in the upper body, bruising the muscle!

The vulturecrow cries out in pain and flies off. You throw another rock at it.

The spinning rock strikes the vulturecrow in the right wing, bruising the muscle and shattering the bone!

The vulturecrow tumbles and falls onto the ground. It's still alive. It's not going to fly anywhere, however.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Status and inventory (click to show/hide)

Note: If you're interested how I make the images for various objects, I look up the object on Google, like "crow" or "tree", then downsize it in paint.net. The rocks and the rhinocat were hand-drawn, though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:06:23 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2020, 11:24:22 am »

Finish it off by cracking its head with the stick, hopefully killing it quickly

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2020, 12:01:41 pm »

Bite its neck and break its spine!

I'm fairly certain this is how humans usually kill things.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2020, 05:08:37 pm »

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2020, 03:16:14 am »

+1
+1 Dropping a rock on its head will kill it faster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2020, 05:38:58 am »

+1
+1 Dropping a rock on its head will kill it faster.
+1 not a double vote since I’m supporting the amendment
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]