Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: an unnamed rtd with magic  (Read 8204 times)

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
an unnamed rtd with magic
« on: December 02, 2019, 09:06:57 pm »

hello, wanted to try hosting first rtd. please bear with me. not sure how to introduce this, but here are the notes. also, for this rtd, the players have to name every NPC they interact with. if a turn goes by without someone naming an NPC, the NPC will henceforth be nameless. will utilize a world system, where players venture off into different worlds and experience new concepts. actions must be bolded, dialogue must be italicized.

Spoiler: Dice Roll (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Learning Spells (click to show/hide)

This game is permadeath. Once a player dies, the next person on the waitlist will accompany the squad. For now, I will only accept (5) applicants.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Players
  • The Canadian Kitten (Fred)
  • King Zultan (Dr. Unpleasant)
  • Kakaluncha (Lette Ome)
  • Egan_BW (Mask)
  • Dustan Hache (Adlan)

Waitlist
  • Naturegirl1999 (Darla)

(Also the boar is unharmed? Wouldn't the boar be injured at least? I mean I did hit it...)

I guess this is as good a time as ever to explain battle mechanics.

For every attack, there are 3 possible rolls.
  • Dodge/Accuracy: Dodge/Accuracy rolls determine whether or not your attack will successfully hit the enemy. The lower the roll, the more direct the attack is.
  • Damage: Damage rolls determine the degree of damage that the enemy receives. The higher the roll, the less damage you inflict. In your case, the boar rolled a 15 on damage, which is pretty high, therefore rendering your attack useless. And of course, each situation is different. You used a pointy stick to attack a boar with tough hide, not much can come from that.
  • Critical: Critical rolls determine the severity of the damage dealt. The lower the roll, the more severe. Critical attacks happen if, and only if, the sum of the Dodge and Damage roll is less than 14.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:42:07 pm by Archmagus »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: an unnamed rtd with magic
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:54:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am the absolute worst at naming people. Oh well, time for everyone to be named Bob!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 03:57:27 am »

I'm also terrible at naming people.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 05:45:05 am »

Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 05:54:56 am »

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 04:48:31 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 07:34:26 pm »

Waitlist. Character coming soon.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 12:02:48 am »

Turn 0

A group of five trainees, tasked with one sole mission.

"Save as many worlds as possible, may the Pure be with you."

Who were the Pure? The Pure were the founders, the Head of the bloodlines, the first to study magic.

You and your squad wake up in a cave. It's fairly small, shaped in a circle. You all are spread out equally apart and from the center of the cave. In a smaller circle in front of you, closer to the center, are 5 stone pedestals. Each pedestal had an object laid on top. Going clockwise, at the top most position, in front of Fred, a 3d hologram of a town floats above the top of the pedestal. It seems to be run-down and possibly post acopalyptic. Zombies? To the right of Fred is Dr. Unpleasant with a white marble sphere on his pedestal. Next, Lette Ome's pedestal has a few gears connected to each other, moving at a constant rate. After that, Mask stares at his pedestal with a castle floating above it. It's fairly large. And last Adlan stands with his pedestal having a small forest planted on top.

A small finger-shaped hole is embedded in each pedestal, in the front, right in the center.

Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)

General Notes
You are currently in the Main Lobby. The Main Lobby is where you'll be selecting the world you adventurers want to pursue. The first person with a successful action to select a world, chooses the world you will enter. The Main Lobby changes after every world completion, up to a limit. To unlock said changes, please go ahead and finish some worlds.

This RTD will be turn-based. All actions must be submitted before I do a turn. After 72 hours, any unsubmitted actions will result in an actionless turn for said player.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 12:15:52 am »

"Kkksksss!"

Grab the castle! Put in inventory! Uh, put finger in finger hole!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 01:27:33 am »

welp, time to stick my finger in the pedestal. also, what was that hissing sound?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 01:49:08 am »

Stick finger in hole

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 02:10:37 am »

"Oooh, clicking!"

Insert the finger in the hole
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 03:44:05 pm »

Shove my finger into the hole!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 04:01:13 pm »

Turn 1

Grab the castle! Put in inventory! Uh, put finger in finger hole!
[6] Mask continues to stare into the castle. The longer she stares, the more she notices in its design...pretty intricate.

welp, time to stick my finger in the pedestal. also, what was that hissing sound?
[14] Adlan takes the chance and places his finger inside the crevice, it fits snuggly. The cave immediately begins to shake, parts of the cave begin to crumble apart. The pedestals start to lower themselves into the ground. When all the pedestals are fully hidden, the Main Lobby caves in and his vision blacks out.

World Shift!!!
(ALL OTHER ACTIONS HAVE BEEN NULLED)

You all wake up on a pile of grass. The sun shines brightly down on you, and the sound of animals, possibly birds, fill your ear. The squad gathers themself and analyzes the area. The immediate space around you seems to be made as a landing area because past a certain distance, you all notice the large trees surrounding you. The trees tower the ground with vines hanging across from one tree to another. It's a jungle...you've spawned in a jungle...

Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 04:12:44 pm »

Look at the area we find ourselves in, and try to find any signs of civilized or tribal life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6