Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: an unnamed rtd with magic  (Read 8200 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: an unnamed rtd with magic
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 05:32:52 pm »

Search for edible fruits, use my magic to increase the chances of finding   said type of fruit.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 06:17:12 pm »

Collect any fallen sticks or branches, and a sharp rock. Make a sharp stick

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 06:30:42 pm »

Analyze which of the others has strongest kung-fu, and challenge them to friendly sparring.

"Sskiss."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 09:20:23 pm »

Look around, what kind of jungle is this? mountainous or wetlands?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2019, 11:46:04 am »

Turn 2

Search for edible fruits, use my magic to increase the chances of finding   said type of fruit.
[11] Lette Ome takes the iniative and explores the jungle. She reaches the edge of the spawn area and luckily finds a patch of berries. These berries are black as can be, but definitely aren't blackberries. They're shaped in a more odd way. The weirdest idea comes to mind and she attempts to draw power from the surrounding area to see if there's more food, but all she does is give herself a headache from straining her head too much. Not much happens, so you stick with the berries you found.

(Acquired 7 Unknown Berries)

Collect any fallen sticks or branches, and a sharp rock. Make a sharp stick
[9] Fred also scourages around, instead, looking for sticks and rocks. He manages to gather a hefty amount of both, and starts right away on making a sharp stick. He finds an average-sized stick and goes to work.

(Acquired a sharp stick)

Analyze which of the others has strongest kung-fu, and challenge them to friendly sparring.
[16] Mask turns around, sees that Lette Ome and Fred are taking up the gatherer role. In the mean time, Mask walks over to Adlan and Dr. Unpleasant. She looks and tries to decide who seems to be the better kung-fu artist. Considering Adlan's farming skills, he probably has more strength than Dr. Unpleasant. Mask asks Adlan if he would like to spar with her, and he accepts the challenge. The two start to spar for a long while.

(Skill Progress (Mask): Basic Combat: +10%)
(Skill Progress (Adlan): Basic Combat: +5%)

Look around, what kind of jungle is this? mountainous or wetlands?
[6] Adlan is too busy sparring with Mask to analyze what kind of jungle they were dropped off into.

Look at the area we find ourselves in, and try to find any signs of civilized or tribal life.
[14] Dr. Unpleasant walks away from the sparring and walks towards the jungle to examine it. [Luck: 9] To his surprise, Dr. Unpleasant spots something in the distance that looks like a spear. He quickly runs towards it and grips onto his newfound weapon. Nice! Wait...who's spear is this...

Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2019, 01:29:54 pm »

Go to Fred and ask him to eat one berry.

"Hey, stick boy. Eat this, these aren't poisonus."

After that, climb the highest tree and look for anything remarkable (river, lake, mountain, civilization...)
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2019, 02:09:12 pm »

Eat just 1 berry, if I survive the unknown berries start hunting animals

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2019, 02:24:03 pm »

Begin to meditate. Ponder the mysteries of life. Also what the heck we're supposed to accomplish in this forest~
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2019, 04:08:34 pm »

Attempt to tap into the memories of the blood magic scrolls. Anything I remember that might help?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2019, 06:31:21 am »

"Hey guys I found a spear!"
Look around and try to figure out where the spear might have come from.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 05:19:22 pm »

Turn 3
Fair warning: Please do limit your posts to one action per.  Yes, this is @Kakaluncha. It's a small action to give someone a berry, but still an action.

Go to Fred and ask him to eat one berry.

After that, climb the highest tree and look for anything remarkable (river, lake, mountain, civilization...)
Eat just 1 berry, if I survive the unknown berries start hunting animals
[Lette Ome's Action: 14, Fred's Action: 16] Lette Ome walks back over to Fred and hands him a berry. Fred looks at it curiously.
Quote from: Lette Ome
Eat.
Fred looks at Lette Ome, then back at the berry. He takes the dark fruit and throws it in his mouth. It's sweet, really sweet. Almost like candy. Lette Ome stares at Fred, almost waiting for him to combust or show at least some sort of effect. But nothing. Fred comments about its taste, and that's that. How unfortunate.

Lette Ome turns around, upset over what just happened, and walks over to the nearest tree which happened to be the tallest. She hinges onto the trunk and begins to climb! [Strength: 19] Out of nowhere, Lette Ome quickly climbs up the tree with almost little to no effort, hopping from branch to branch, swinging from vine to vine. The others get a glimpse of this newfound tree-climber within their ranks. Lette Ome is also astonished by how she just did that. After only a few minutes, she reaches the top of the tree. She attempts to look around at the environment, but her view doesn't reveal much given the blanket of trees covering the ground.

Fred tries to justify how Lette Ome just climbed that tree, but he just can't. To move on, he decides he should also be useful and start hunting. With his sharpened stick, Fred walks around the land, hoping to spy some sort of game. [Luck: 17] And that's when he hears it. He turns and looks at the bush where the sound came from. The bush begins to move and outcomes a wild boar. Fred and the boar enter a hard game of who can stare the longest before Fred realizes he's wasting time. He carefully takes out his weapon and runs towards the boar. Instead of running away, the boar starts to charge at Fred! Fred raises the stick and strikes down at the boar! [Boar's Dodge: 2, Damage(Piercing): 12+3=15] The boar fails to dodge the stick and Fred manages to strike the Boar down to the ground, however not delivering a killing blow. After a moment of laying down on the ground, it gets up and looks at Fred again...with a more disturbing look.

(Skill Progress (Lette Ome): Basic Strength +20%)

Begin to meditate. Ponder the mysteries of life. Also what the heck we're supposed to accomplish in this forest~
[20] (Congrats on first 20, good luck)
Mask watches as Lette Ome discovers a remarkable strength and Fred battles a boar. She decides to take the more passive route and begins to meditate. She sits down, crosses her legs, closes her eyes and begins. Attempting to draw in any information from some supernatural energy and that's when it happens. A loud WOOSH and Mask wakes up...but she's no longer in the circle. She's underground. It's dark, dusty, and the energy she feels makes her stomach turn.

Hurry Elios, we don't have much time!

Mask turns and sees a staircase and a shadow of a person at the top. She turns back around, looking for a place to hide. She notices a pillar in the corner, large enough to conceal her person. She runs over and hides. Mask begins to hear the footsteps going down the stairs.

ELIOS, HURRY UP.

Now that the person is closer, Mask discerns the voice as that of a female. The female finally makes her way down the stairs and Mask takes a peek. The woman with so much confidence that Mask can feel it and is intimidated by it. She walks over, past Mask, and down the hall. Mask didn't realize it, but towards the back near the wall, was a statue. The woman is holding a torch that brought light to it and Mask was able to see it. It's a small golden figurine, placed on top of a podium. Nothing like the ones in the Main Lobby. It's a rusty stone podium, but the figurine is in pristine condition. Mask hears another pair of footsteps coming down the stairs and turns around. A man steps into view and immediately focuses on the figurine, this must be Elios.

Quote from: Elios
It's remarkable.

The woman turns around.

It sure is. I can't believe we actually found one of them. That leaves six of them left to collect. You understand that we cannot allow for the Junglemen to find the others, right?

Junglemen....?

Yes, of course.

Elios sniffs the air and raises his eyebrows.

Syl, we have an unwanted presence. Do not speak.

Shit, how did he know... Before Mask can even think of a plan to leave, the man turns and stares directly at you.

I don't know who you are, but you do not belong here. Be banished, spirit!

Elios waves his hands around in quick successive motions. [Damage(Mental): 16] Before you know it, your vision blacks and you wake up back in the circle...

(Skill Progress (Mask): ??? +25%)

Attempt to tap into the memories of the blood magic scrolls. Anything I remember that might help?
[2] Adlan notices Mask's expressions as if she just had an out of world experience, so Adlan attempts to do the same exact thing. He sits down, crosses his legs and closes his eyes. He begins to try and gain access to any information about magic that he can. He thinks and thinks and thinks. Not noticing how hard he is thinking, his vision suddenly blackens. Mask looks over and notices veins bulging from Adlan's head. His body starts to shake uncontrollably and he falls flat to the ground, unconscious.

"Hey guys I found a spear!"
Look around and try to figure out where the spear might have come from.
[10]
Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Hey guys, I found a spear!
Dr. Unpleasant yells his new accomplishment, but no one seems to notice. Adlan's passed out, Mask looks traumatized, Fred's too busy fighting a pig and Lette Ome is too high up to care. Dr. Unpleasant looks around, trying to see if there's any evidence to find out where the spear came from. [Luck: 10] Near the spot where Dr. Unpleasant found the spear, he notices subtle footsteps in the ground. They're not much, but they reveal a direction. They look like they've been there for a while.

Enemy Turn

Quote from: Wild Boar
SQUEEEEEEE
[10] The wild boar charges, yet again, at Fred. [Fred's Dodge: 4, Damage(Blunt): 7] With incredible strength and speed, the wild boar rams into Fred's body and sends him flying back a good distance. The impact of the landing crushes a few bones and knocks the air out of Fred's lungs, he immediately passes out.

Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wild Boar (click to show/hide)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 06:51:43 pm »

Oh shit. Wake up and try to run away also, scream for help
(Also the boar is unharmed? Wouldn't the boar be injured at least? I mean I did hit it...)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:36:19 am by The Canadian kitten »

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2019, 07:08:02 pm »

(Also the boar is unharmed? Wouldn't the boar be injured at least? I mean I did hit it...)

I guess this is as good a time as ever to explain battle mechanics.

For every attack, there are 3 possible rolls.
  • Dodge/Accuracy: Dodge/Accuracy rolls determine whether or not your attack will successfully hit the enemy. The lower the roll, the more direct the attack is.
  • Damage: Damage rolls determine the degree of damage that the enemy receives. The higher the roll, the less damage you inflict. In your case, the boar rolled a 15 on damage, which is pretty high, therefore rendering your attack useless. And of course, each situation is different. You used a pointy stick to attack a boar with tough hide, not much can come from that.
  • Critical: Critical rolls determine the severity of the damage dealt. The lower the roll, the more severe. Critical attacks happen if, and only if, the sum of the Dodge and Damage roll is less than 14.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2019, 07:17:29 pm »

Snap out of it, you're not supposed to think so hard you pass out!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6