Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: an unnamed rtd with magic  (Read 8187 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: an unnamed rtd with magic
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 06:27:28 pm »

something seems off, as if i'm not actually in control of my body. Attempt to determine why.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 08:58:19 pm »

Turn 6
Changed some skill names.

Quick, get a piece of deadwood that I can use as a mask!
[16] Mask looks around and picks up a piece of wood that vaguely looks like a wearable mask. She scrapes the edges on the tree, breaks a few parts, rips off a few holes, and makes an actual mask off the thing. For a second, she hears something off in the distance by the trees...

WAKE UP BEFORE THE BOAR ACTUALLY KILLS ME
[1-4=1] (I feel bad...)
Fred's body stays knocked out, almost not wanting to wakeup.

Search for the same berries.
[16] Lette Ome walks away from the boar and heads towards the outer edges in hopes of finding new berries. [Luck: 19] She ends up fighting a large bush of berries. The berries range in color and shapes, some look tasty, some don't. Lette Ome recognizes the black berries she saw before and grabs a handful. She grabs a stick and digs it into the ground to mark the area.

(Skill Progress (Lette Ome): Foraging +15%)

Go to where the guys were and try to see what they were looking at.
[13] Dr. Unpleasant leaves Mask with her mask and heads over to where the strange men were standing. As he walks closer, Dr. Unpleasant notices the huge hole in the ground with a staircase leading down. He walks closer to get a better view of the staircase. There's no light in the staircase so Dr. Unpleasant can't see what's inside. Dr. Unpleasant spots something to the side and turns...it's gone...

something seems off, as if i'm not actually in control of my body. Attempt to determine why.
[18] Adlan sits down and enters a meditative state with one motive in mind, What is wrong with me? He continues to think and an odd voice appears in his thoughts...

"Worry about something else."

Adlan suddenly feels the urge to wake up and stand up, and he does. He looks around and doesn't feel like doing that anymore.

Enemy Turn
Quote from: ???
Attack!
[9] An arrow comes flying towards Mask! [Mask's Dodge: 18] Without a moment to hesitate, Mask side steps the arrow and it pierces into the tree behind her. Mask looks in the direction where the arrow came from, two figures are standing a few meters ahead of her. One seems to be holding the bow and another a sword. They start charging in the direction of Mask!

Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wild Boar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jungle Men (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2019, 09:26:50 pm »

Woodcrafting skill progress, please. :)

Evade and disarm the sword, hit em in the dick.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2019, 04:34:49 am »

Return with the berries to the boar and try the same strategy as earlier. ((Basically berries and kind words.))
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2019, 05:24:44 am »

Run up to the guy with the bow and stab him in the back with my spear.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2019, 10:43:30 am »

WAKE UP AND GET AWAY FROM THE BOAR

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2019, 09:22:07 pm »

Go find the others while trying to recognize the strange voice in my head. This day gets wierder and wierder..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2019, 05:29:36 pm »

Turn 7
Modified a few values that'll go into effect next turn.

Evade and disarm the sword, hit em in the dick.
[7] The strange men continue to charge at Mask as she stands still, almost petrified.

Return with the berries to the boar and try the same strategy as earlier.
[20] (Can I call you Lette?)
Lette Ome runs towards the boar with the berries in hand. Without taking another breath, Lette Ome shoves the berries down the boar's throat! The boar's eyes widen with shock, but satisfied. It munches on the berries and almost bites off one of Lette Ome's fingers before she withdraws it from its mouth. With all her berries gone yet again, Lette Ome attempts to tame the boar one last time. She points to her hand, then points to the area where she found the berries. She starts to walk over, hopefully wishing that the boar follows. [Reaction: 16] And fortunately for her, the boar listens and follows. The pair walk on over and the boar feasts! Lette Ome looks over and notices something quite strange...she was sure she took a lot of the mysterious berries but the bush seems to be full of them again...

(Skill Progress (Lette Ome): Charisma +15%)
(Skill Progress (Lette Ome): Tamer +10%)

(The boar is mildly tamed at the moment. You are capable of providing an action for the boar, however, if it fails more than 3 actions in a row, you will lose control and will have to start over again.)

Run up to the guy with the bow and stab him in the back with my spear.
[17] (Not sure how you want to run up to someone and then stab them in the back...)
With no time to waste, Dr. Unpleasant runs towards the strange men! Completely ignoring the man with the sword who watches as Dr. Unpleasant runs passed him, Dr. Unpleasant lifts his spear up and charges towards the bowmen. However, you're too slow and the bowman loads another arrow and shoots! [Dr. Unpleasant Dodge: 14] Dr. Unpleasant swiftly sidesteps the flying arrow and Mask watches as it gracefully shoots past her. The archer gets up and starts to run and Dr. Unpleasant takes the chance to stab him! [Jungle Archer's Dodge: 7-2(Slow)=5, Damage(Piercing): 6+2(Strength)=8, Critical: 9-1=8] The spear lodges itself deep inside the Archer's back and the man falls to the ground, blood staining the archer's armor. Dr. Unpleasant turns around with a smile and is unfortunately met with an angry, angry swordsman.

(Skill Progress (Dr. Unpleasant): Spear Mastery+10%)

WAKE UP AND GET AWAY FROM THE BOAR
[19-4=15] Fred finally awakens with searing pain in his stomach. The boar is already away from Fred so he decides to stick to his spot so he doesn't worsen his condition. He should definitely seek some help, these bruises look harsh.

Go find the others while trying to recognize the strange voice in my head.
[18] Adlan runs in the direction that Mask and Dr. Unpleasant went in. On his journey, Adlan tries to recognize the voice that he just heard but nothing really comes to mind...nothing pops up. Maybe he doesn't even know the voice at all? He dodges the thought of it as it's irrelevant and continues to make his way towards the others. He finally finds Mask and Dr. Unpleasant, and they're in a pretty sticky situation. There's a large man next to Dr. Unpleasant, who is next to another large man bleeding on the floor with a spear in his back. And there is also Mask, standing next to a tree, frightened to death.

Enemy Turn
Quote from: Jungle Swordsman
Avenge my friend!
[2] The swordsman attempts to strike down Dr. Unpleasant but gets distracted by the fact that another stranger steps into the area. What's he doing here?

Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mildly Tamed Boar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jungle Swordsmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jungle Archer (click to show/hide)
[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:08:40 pm by Archmagus »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2019, 06:09:23 pm »

Prod the swordguy in a secret pressure point.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:01 pm »

Attempt to heal myself

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2019, 06:17:38 am »

Pull my spear out of the bowman and stab the swordsman in the gut if possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2019, 07:03:15 am »

(Boar) Identify berries that aren't harmful to him or us.

Start recollecting non-harmful berries once again

(To Fred) "Look, stick man, everyone is leaving to have adventures, and no one is thinking about establishing perimeter. Since you are the only one here, help me recollecting berries. Only grab black berries! Also, the boar is my friend, so don't hurt him."

(Lette is fine)
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2019, 03:46:41 pm »

"stop! STOP!"
Oh crap, oh crap! There's a man on the ground dying! We gotta do something! Try to use blood magic to heal them, and get the spear out of their body! Is there something sharp so i can draw my own blood to fuel the spell?

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2019, 10:08:25 pm »

i whoopsied and accidentally put turn 9 here, RIP turn 8.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:18:16 pm by Archmagus »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2019, 10:28:50 pm »

Pull the sword out of Unpleasant and hack the back of the swordsman's head. Repeat until he seems fairly dead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6