Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: an unnamed rtd with magic  (Read 8193 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: an unnamed rtd with magic
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2019, 11:19:37 pm »

Awesome. Okay, this time hunt an animal that won't fight back like a deer.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2019, 11:50:04 pm »

Try again, and do it fast! Don't let this unlucky stranger die!
Edit: isnt 17 followed by 11 a success with minor benefit, followed by a success with no other effect?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:54:12 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2019, 02:26:07 am »

Edit: isnt 17 followed by 11 a success with minor benefit, followed by a success with no other effect?

You're going to need a lot more than a minor benefit + no effect to start casting Blood Magic.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2019, 06:28:59 am »

Lower myself as to show respect

"Excuse me, madame! I was just trying to find food for my group! I didn't mean to annoy you being so reckcless! But if I may ask you, who are you? I've never heard of someone as majestic as you,... or as beautiful"
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2019, 09:09:01 am »

What, there isn't enough blood on the ground already?
Seriously though, it seems rather unfair that you tell us we are mages, ask how we discovered magic in the first place, ASK us what our preferred magic is, and then refuse to let us use it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2019, 09:28:24 am »

Stop being unconscious, and get up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2019, 04:36:10 pm »

Seriously though, it seems rather unfair that you tell us we are mages
Did not say this.

ask how we discovered magic in the first place
Or this.

ASK us what our preferred magic is
No, no, no. You've got it wrong. If you'll look back at the application, the question was "If you could have a focus on magic, what type of magic would it be? (optional)"

You have to understand that I'm using the word If, which doesn't solidify any information. I understand that the main post + title makes it seem like this would be a "cast all that you can whenever you can" situation, and I apologize for the deceitfulness of it all. However, my plans with this RTD are more adventurous. I don't want to give off magic willy-nilly, which brings up the next quote.

and then refuse to let us use it.
Mate, you rolled a 17 and an 11. If you want magic, don't blame the GM for "refusing to let us use it", blame the die.

Archmagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2019, 05:17:11 pm »

Turn 9
I accidentally modified Turn 8 to be Turn 9...RIP Turn 8.

Pull the sword out of Unpleasant and hack the back of the swordsman's head. Repeat until he seems fairly dead.
[20] Mask takes it upon herself to move forward with the situation. She doesn't want the swordsmen to get up because if he does, God knows what will happen to her and Dr. Unpleasant. So, to fix this, she steps over the stunned swordsmen, grips her hands around the sword's hilt and without thinking about the repercussions this could have on Dr. Unpleasant's body, she pulls it out! Blood starts to gush out of Dr. Unpleasant's body but there's no time to waste. Mask turns to the fallen swordsmen and swings the sword down! [Jungle Swordsmen Dodge: [Auto-4], Damage(Slashing): 7-2(Sword)+2(Armor)+2(Strength)=9, Critical: 1] The sword cuts through it's original like he was jelly. Mask pulls the sword out and blood rushes out and down like a river. He's definitely dead. She turns around and looks at Dr. Unpleasant's body, almost bleeding out as much as the swordsmen...whoops.

hunt an animal that won't fight back like a deer.
[20] Fred continues his quest to hunt an animal [Luck: 18] and after surveying the surrounding area, finds a large deer eating something in the bushes, probably berries. Learning from his past mistakes, Fred carefully approaches the deer, trying desperately hard not to make any sound. Before the deer can even realize it's fatal end, Fred leaps up and attacks the deer with his stick! [Deer's Dodge: 8, Damage(Piercing): 5, Critical: 17] The stick pierces through the deer's midsection and with a loud yelp, it falls to the ground. Nice!

(Skill Progress (Fred): Lucky One +10%)
(Skill Progress (Fred): Hunter +15%)

[15] Adlan attempts yet again to cast some blood magic, however, the swordsmen is already dead. So, he attempts to cast something on the archer! [Effect: 12] And once more, Adlan feels some abnormal feeling in his body, but nothing seems to happen...

Lower myself as to show respect
[19] (Don't forget, you can name this NPC or she will be known as Strange Woman forever and I don't think she would want that name. Also, you forgot Boar's action...)
Lette immediately bows down and kneels before this magnificent woman.

Quote from: Lette Ome
I apologize, your magnificence. You are correct in deeming me ignorant for I am just a lost traveler. I am here along with others, four, to be exact. We are here on a quest to which we do not know the requirements. While on this quest, I stumbled upon these berries and this cute boar right here.

[Charisma: 19] The strange woman looks at you, her face makes it seem like she's thinking. And she continues to think.

Quote from: Strange Woman
Fair enough. You humble yourself, however. You are more than just a lost traveler and I will task myself with the quest to show you how. I've been looking for an acolyte for ages and I believe you are just the one. Not many are presented with this opportunity, will you accept?

(Skill Progress (Lette Ome): Charismatic +15%)

Stop being unconscious, and get up.
[14-4=10] Dr. Unpleasant wakes up from his slumber and immediately regrets it. The sword that was in his shoulder is gone, in Mask's hands, and there's a large gash in his shoulder to which he cannot feel anything. Blood stains his clothing and drips down his arm. He looks angrily at Mask for he knows what went on while he was knocked out, she looks at him back, apologetic. He looks back at his wound, definitely needs to get that fixed.

[Pain: 10-4=6] Dr. Unpleasant screams in agony. He drops his spear for he cannot bear to hold it while bleeding out. His condition is going to get worse, fast. Something needs to be done.
[Constitution: 16-6=10] The blood from his wound won't stop coming out, he feels his heart rate slowing down. His body starts to get cold...

Enemy Turn
Quote from: Jungle Archer
---
[4-4=1]...

[Constitution: 6-5=1] The archer continues to bleed out, and his body starts to pale...

Spoiler: Adlan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lette Ome (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mildly Tamed Boar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jungle Swordsmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jungle Archer (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2019, 05:32:25 pm »

Welp, guess i'm out then. Was expecting magic, got good rolls for it, and got indirectly told "no" despite having it clearly stated in the roll list that i should have succeeded, even if it wasn't enough to do anything meaningful.
I'm not saying you should allow us to cast willynilly and have a massive impact. I'm saying you should let us cast and then let us HAVE a impact.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:34:53 pm by Dustan Hache »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2019, 05:37:05 pm »

Welp, guess i'm out then. Was expecting magic, got good rolls for it, and got indirectly told "no" despite having it clearly stated in the roll list that i should have succeeded, even if it wasn't enough to do anything meaningful.
The GM said If you could have a focus of magic what would it be? And it was optional
If you are out, then
Spoiler: can I take your place? (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »

Go right ahead naturegirl. If archmagus allows it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2019, 06:32:19 pm »

Go around in the jungle finding fallen sticks or branches and drag it back to the clearing
(Wait, is Natura repair a healing spell?)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 06:37:57 pm by The Canadian kitten »

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2019, 07:07:07 pm »

((Wait, am I forced to give the boar an action each turn? That's a weird mechanic. Not complaining, but I want to clear this out.))

"I'm flattered that you think me as worthy to be your apprentice, Lady Radiosa. The only thing I would like to request is to bring my boar companion."

Pet the Boar to increase taming over the companion.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2019, 07:53:55 pm »

Interesting. This man needs medical attention, and will be unable to get it! Bandage him with scraps of cloth or something.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2019, 09:00:03 pm »

(If I am in)
Run towards the bleeding archer, take out the spear from his back and repetitively stab him in the head until he dies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6