Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [8/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T5  (Read 5544 times)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile

K.I.T.E.D
Kick In The Evil Doors

This is a game about going through dungeons*.

*Dungeons
Each Dungeon is a set of encounters**.

**Encounters
Each encounter is a set of interconnected rooms*** and monsters****.

***Rooms
Four walls, some (assuredly evil) doors, probably some traps, hopefully some treasure in there somewhere.

****Monsters
Things that aren’t you or your party*****. This is not to say that you aren’t a monster at a personal level, only at a technical level.

*****Party
A social gathering of invited guests, typically involving eating, drinking, and entertainment.
See also: Soiree, social gathering, sarcasm, mixer

-----

Spoiler: General Gameplay Rules (click to show/hide)

Setting Up a Character

Basically you take this, copy it into a new reply, and then go through the spoilers below and slot stuff together. Boom. Easy. Except for the crippling indecision.

When in doubt, roll dice and pick randomly.

Name: Something that lets me refer to you directly. Rolling dice can still work here as long as you’re chill with being named a number.
Level: This will be 3 when the game starts. You can put whatever you want here, character descriptions, tragic backstory, etc, but I will probably ignore it, definitely erase it, and fill in a 3.
Class: An archetype that will forever define you until the day you die. No pressure.
Attributes, Four choices, distilled from the essence of D&D.
Stronkness:
Beefness:
Fastness:
Classiness:
Starting Abilities: Picked based on your class.
Weapon Of Choice: The weapon you need.
Weapon Of Resort: The weapon you deserve.
Defense: What keeps things from poking you. Sadly, neither biting sarcasm nor applied sluttiness are valid options.

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons and Armor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:19:07 pm by The Adversary »
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors, [0/Some]
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:32:00 am »

*looks at mechanics*

*looks at them for a while because there's a lot to unpack here*

*sees Iato*

Yeah, might have to make an edgy Ronin character. Probably a horribly impractical one with no functional tankiness and questionable utility in general.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 02:44:13 am »

Name: Hexio Bladio
Level: 3
Class: Warlock
Regen uncontrollable or costs HP, but casts improved spells and can do some wetwork. Also edgy as fuck.
Starting HP: 17 (19)
Starting AP:  8
AP Regen: Any Enemy Dies (+2), sacrifice 1d4hp (+4), lose at least 5hp in one hit (+4)
Intrinsic Ability: Unspeakable Power: 2AP, Bonus, when used alongside an ability or attack that rolls dice for effect, those dice explode. If the ability has a save, its difficulty is increased by 2.
Attributes:
Stronkness: -2
Beefness: 0
Fastness: +1
Classiness: +4
Starting Abilities: Intensive Training (Classiness), Eldritch Warrior, Dark Trap
Weapon of Choice: 1d8, +3 to Hit, +0 to Damage, Cut (Magic Type B), Reach
Weapon of Resort: 1d4, +0 to Hit, +0 to Damage, Stab, 60’
Defense: 15+1 (16), +2 HP

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 03:20:35 am »

Name: Rokhard Darkface, Chosen
Class: Fighter
Stronkness: Superb
Beefness: Bad
Fastness: Average
Classiness: Good
Starting Abilities: Iatio, Intense Training (Stronkness), Arcane Knight (Dark Trap)
Weapon Of Choice: Masamune (2d6 Magic C damage)
Weapon Of Resort: Yumi (30' Range 1d10 Stab Damage)
Defense: Enchanted Kimono (10 Defense, Double Prepared Action, Max AP +2)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:59:35 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 06:39:40 am »

*looks at mechanics*

*looks at them for a while because there's a lot to unpack here*

*sees Iato*

Yeah, might have to make an edgy Ronin character. Probably a horribly impractical one with no functional tankiness and questionable utility in general.

This is perfectly fine and I love you for it. In.

Name: Hexio Bladio
Class: Warlock
Regen uncontrollable or costs HP, but casts improved spells and can do some wetwork. Also edgy as fuck.
Starting HP: 17 (19)
Starting AP:  8
AP Regen: Any Enemy Dies (+2), sacrifice 1d4hp (+4), lose at least 5hp in one hit (+4)
Intrinsic Ability: Unspeakable Power: 2AP, Bonus, when used alongside an ability or attack that rolls dice for effect, those dice explode. If the ability has a save, its difficulty is increased by 2.
Attributes:
Stronkness: -2
Beefness: 0
Fastness: +1
Classiness: +4
Starting Abilities: Intensive Training (Classiness), Eldritch Warrior, Dark Trap
Weapon of Choice: 1d8, +3 to Hit, +0 to Damage, Cut (Magic Type B), Reach
Weapon of Resort: 1d4, +0 to Hit, +0 to Damage, Stab, 60’
Defense: 15+1 (16), +2 HP

I see our two characters have much to bond over. You're totally allowed to name your weapon/armor like Egan did, otherwise it'll just get described as whatever I feel like in the moment.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors, [2/Some] (Desperately Needs a Few More)
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:13:20 pm »

In honor of Pope Innocent VIII issuing a bill deploring the spread of witchcraft and heresy in Germany on December 5th, the Year of our Lord 1484, we're running a special on character creation! Create a character now and receive your choice of 50% more less or 50% less more!

Pre-Existing characters are pre-qualified for this special promotion, and will be entitled to a gluten free, non-gmo, organic Breath of Fresh Air!*

*See the outside for details. Offer not available in Detroit, Beijing, near uncool people, or anywhere that is currently on fire or otherwise lacking in freshness.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:13:00 pm by The Adversary »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 10:31:18 pm »

You have the misfortune of posting during dead and/or finals week for the university types. Despair! I would have otherwise invalidated your offer by my presence alone! Should you have not fallen by the time I have time, perhaps I will aid you.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 11:21:07 pm »

This party seems fine, toss us some goblins will ya?~

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 12:00:16 am »

This party needs someone who can heal...

Name: Boris Ylivvien
Class: Cleric
Stronkness: Average
Beefness: Bad
Fastness: Superb
Classiness: Good
Starting Abilities: Tithe, Projected Healing, Benediction
Weapon Of Choice: Giant Scissors (1d8, +3 to Hit, Cut)
Weapon Of Resort: Sling Staff (1d4, 60’ Range, Crush)
Defense: Fairymail (15 Defense, +2 HP, +2 HP)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 02:20:13 am »

This party seems fine, toss us some goblins will ya?~

Be careful what you wish for.

Dungeon 1, Encounter 1,  Turn 1
Y'all start in a tavern. Tale as old as time.

Taverns are dens of iniquity. Not because of the cheap booze. Not because of the gambling. Not because they're frequent stoops for women of negotiable virtue and men of negotiable loyalties. Not even because they frequently allow and encourage the most tone-deaf to imbibe great quantities of alcohol and then sing at the top of their lungs like a Tom-Cat with a bullfrog clamped none-to-gently onto its testicles - but because they normalize the very concept of doors. You enter through a door, you leave through a door, the chef serves you food that arrives through a door, and your dishes are carried back through that same door. If it's a filthy place that allows one to rent a room, then each one of those rooms likely has its own door!

Saloons at least have the decency to have those swingy-slatted things in place of doors, but Taverns? No. They are public houses of sin, which have normalized the door to the extent that the common man oft sees fit to install such fixtures into his own home.

Today, however, you take a stand. Today the world gets a little brighter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Splinters fly as the boots of Rokhard and Hexio smash the evil front door of its hinges. There's a crystalline moment as the doors fly into the room, the faces of the Tavern's patrons frozen in a single look of startled fear at the sight of righteous vengeance finally come. The serving girls stare with jaws dropping, platters of drinks toppling. The drunkards gurgle cries of alarm nearly lost in watery booze. The gamblers all take advantage of the hesitation to cheat widly. The bard on the raised stage cuts off abruptly mid yodel, vastly improving his performance The barkeep's eyes narrow and her hands drop low to grab a double-barreled sawed-off crossbow from beneath the counter. The Bouncer alone looks unafraid, barely blinking when a chunk of wood the size of a child's fist bounces of his clean-shaven dome.

The ruined doors slam into the straw-covered tavern floor, and the moment is broken. Sadly, this appears to be a rather tame den of sin and iniquity, with only a single other pair of double doors visible, likely leading back into the kitchens.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Hexio Bladio shall move five tiles upwards to (8,11) and utilize his Infernal Poleaxe to strike at the server

Prepare a Dark Trap to the first enemy who approaches Hexio

(I’ll name my weapons Infernal Poleaxe and Diabolic Blowgun for now)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:07:38 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

"Your time has come, evildoers! Your last moments in this world will be felt with agonizing clairity, as my holy sword cleanses your very soul!"

Wait for the clerk to finish its turn.
Up, up, up, left, Draw Muramasa and strike the Bouncer! Sheathe, and prepare Iatio defense and Dark Trap.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:36:15 am by Egan_BW »

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Damn hedonists in my civilization?, no thank you you must worship the purity of LIGHT!”

Move one up, three left, and finish with moving two up to stop at (5,8). Unsheathing and than Attacking the Bouncer with my holy scissors!, as well utilize 2 AP for a Benediction on Rokhard Darkface. Watching out for anyone to move from my holy vigil with an opportunity attack

(Questions, can Benedictions be used with our 0 AP as a Bonus Action buff since it’s uses my Classiness?, as well can we move diagonally?)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile

(Questions, can Benedictions be used with our 0 AP as a Bonus Action buff since it’s uses my Classiness?, as well can we move diagonally?)
((Yes to both))

Wait for the clerk to finish its turn.
Up, up, up, left, Draw Muramasa and strike the Bouncer! Sheathe, and prepare Iatio defense and Dark Trap.

((One thing, this is possible, but uses your bonus action. Draw/sheath is one 'type' of free action, so you can do one or the other with the free action, then the other with the bonus action.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:11:21 am by The Adversary »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

I was lead to believe otherwise by this line:

(Drawing and sheathing one weapon, one monologue, kicking down one evil door, can still be one action)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6