Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [8/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T5  (Read 5610 times)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile

Very fair.  Changing verbiage to or from and.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Name: Bar Bear
Level: 3.
Class: Barbarian
Attributes,
Stronkness: Superb
Beefness: Good
Fastness: Average
Classiness: Bad
Starting Abilities: Rage, Hardcore, Indefatigable, Cleave
Weapon Of Choice: Axe of Bears 2d6, +3 to hit, Cutting, Reach
Weapon Of Resort: Massive Fists 1d10 Crushing
Defense: Bear Hide 11 Defense, -1 damage
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile

Name: Bar Bear

Excellent! I'll try and throw you the next encounter. You were probably late to the initially action due to a morning Tai-Bo session. Those rippling glutes don't sculpt themselves.

Dungeon 1, Encounter 1, Round 1 Results
Murumasa was better at cutting things...

Boris Ylivven
[9+3 Vs 8, Hit. 3 Damage] Boris runs straight up to the seemingly stunned bouncer and snips him at him viciously with his holy shears, cutting away the malignant darkness that resides within him - as well as a substantial chunk of finger. One wouldn't be so pagan as to call the chunk of finger a flesh offering, but it's certainly a worthwhile catalyst in to empower Rokhard with. 

[Benediction cast on Darkface]

Rokhard Darkface
[1+1+4 Vs 8, Miss] [Dark Trap Cast] Rokhard attacks forward in single fluid movement, kimono shimmering like liquid as he steps, draws, and strikes with a single motion - razor sharp edge poised the bisect the beefy doorman.

The Masamune blade makes a harmless slapping noise as the back of the blade gently spanks the Bouncer's tuckus. Apparently the katana is not currently under the impression that the Bouncer is a threat. Perhaps because he hasn't attacked yet, perhaps because he's not much more intelligent than the average freshwater trout, but the blade has turned in Rockhard's hands to avoid harming the large gent.

In an attempt to salvage some of his dignity, Rokhard resheathes the Masamune blade and draws out a spiral of arcane energy from its edge.

[Iaido Defense Prepared]
[Dark Trap Prepared]

0/1 Hit Rate
0 Total Damage
3 Ap Used

Hexio Darkblade
[15+7 vs 8, hit. 3+4 damage.]  Hexio, rather than bothering with the Beefmaster that the others have locked down, instead rushes forward to impale a waiter. A dirty tunic and several years experience giving drinks to random folk are little defense against the demonic steel of a Warlock's weapon, and the small man all but evaporates as the infernal weapon burns a hole clean through his torso.

As the man tumbles, drinks spilling from his upended tray, Hexio draws a sigil from the still-rising smoke that used to be the fallen man's chest.
[Dark Trap Cast]

-ENEMY ACTION-

Bouncer
The bouncer looks at his injured hand, then uses it to rub his head where the splinter bounced off of it, smearing blood everywhere. Pain and anger percolate through his features like honey through a sponge. 

Drunk (Near Long Table)
The drunk sitting alone at the long table seems enraged that the server must likely to give him a drink has fallen, rounding the table to charge drunkenly at Hexio! This, however, causes him to cross into Rokhard's protected area, the swordsman's shadow seems to blur forward in burst of movement, drawing its blade and striking up from the floor without Rokhard moving a muscle.

[Drunk Save 2 Vs 11, Fail. 14+1 Damage and Restrained] The shadow blade cuts skin, muscle, bone, and soul as it slices upwards through the drunkard from grundle to scalp - but passes through the fabric of the man's clothes without parting a fiber. The result neatly contains the instantaneous explosion of blood and largely serves to hold the two halves of the man's body together as his corpse slams into the floor.

Bard
The bard strums a discordant melody on his lute, grating viciously on the ears of everyone not yet acclimated or too drunk to care.

[Hexio Save: 21 Vs 12 Pass]
[Darkface Save: 10 Vs 12 Fail]
[Boris Save: 19 Vs 12 Pass]

Both Hexio and Boris have some experience with awful music, one from church, the other from quite the opposite - but Rokhard Darkface has his inner tranquility severely damaged by the utter awfulness of the bard's music. He shies away, and barely restrains himself from actively covering his ears.

Gamblers 1-3
With Rokhard nearly fleeing from the bard, the most immediate threat his Hexio, and the gamblers at the table lunch a flurry of razor edged playing cards. Why they're razor edged is anyone's guess.
[Ace of Spades, Gamblers 1-3]
[1+2, 3+2, 15+2 Vs 16. Miss, Miss, Hit. 2 Damage]  A single card slices across Hexio's cheek, drawing a thin, all but invisible, line of blood.

Drunk (In Corner)
The Drunkard, heedless of what happened to his compatriot,  rushes forward waving a broken winebottle at the asshole attacking the servers. The instant he steps within twenty feet of Hexio, however, the remaining smoke from the fallen server coils around him like ethereal black-scaled vipers...

[Drunk Save  15 vs 14, Pass. (10+4)/2 = 7 Damage] The smoke ignites around him, becoming blackfire, but in his stupor the man barrels through heedless. He's scorched and clearly badly injured, but alive. He leads off his assault on Hexio with a left-handed haymaker before slashing with his broken bottle. [Drunken Boxing, 4, 5+1 Vs 16, miss, Miss] Hexio barely has to take a step backward, letting the burned drunkard's moment carry him harmlessly out of his way.

Server
The remaining server takes a pewter mug off her platter and beans it at Hexio, covering the Drunkard's miss.  [Hurl Heavier Thing, 7 Vs 16, Miss] Hexio merely bats the mug out of the air with his halberd, causing the barmaid's eyes to go wide with fear.

Barkeep
Seeing a prize patron in trouble, the Barkeep whips up a quick tonic, stuffs it into a glass, and hucks it at the burned Drunkard. [Singapore Sling, 15 Vs 10, 1+1 Healing] Throwing an alcoholic beverage directly at an individual suffering from severe wounds doesn't appear to help much. Strangely, however, it does still seem to help some.

--End of Round 1--

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:10:31 pm by The Adversary »
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [4/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E1T2
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 09:37:42 pm »

“Damn Barkeeper, your establishment wasn’t like the brothel of a wretched hive of scum and villainy that I was expecting. Therefore your business must be disclosed.”

Hexio shall move diagonally up-right, three up to end at (12, 12) and than pierce the Barkeeper with his Infernal Poleaxe. Preparing a Dark Trap to the first person who approaches Hexio.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:11:53 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 09:48:48 pm »

“I see you Bouncer can resist the might of my scissors, but their for killing heretics with a thousand cuts!”

Right once, two up, and than one left, circling the bouncer to end at (7,8) and that cut him with my scissors!, I shall also use my bonus action to pray to the God of War for AP recovery. Also utilizing a Preventative Measure for the prepared action if Rokhard takes damage.

(I think I only used 2AP for Benediction)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 10:06:45 pm »

"Hmm. The Muramasa has spoken. You will live for another round, evildoer.
BUT YOU!" Rokhard Points accusingly at the bard. "For your crimes against the music of Great Nippon, you will taste my arrow!"

Go before Boris for that sweet sweet double Benediction.
Left, Left, Left, Up, Up. Draw my bow and shoot the fucking musician in his fucking stupid talentless head. Then Faith in Steel.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2019, 06:09:04 am »

(I think I only used 2AP for Benediction)
Entirely correct, refunded 1.

Dungeon 1, Encounter 1, Round 2 Results
Don't mess with a man who keeps a sawed-off crossbow behind the counter.

Rokhard Darkface
Rokhard continues moving away from the musician, drawing his bow and training an arrow on the ukulele strumming bard. [11+4 Vs , Hit. 9+4 Damage] An owlfeather error whips throw the air, its near-silent hiss cutting the Bard's 'music' to a sharp and abrupt end. Ironically, the dead beat played as the perforated bard falls forward onto their instrument is probably the most harmonious note they ever played.

[Faith in Steel active]

Hexio Darkblade
Hexio steps back from the Drunkard, leaving him behind without finishing the job. More than a little offended by the completely disinterested treatment, the Drunkard takes a swing at Hexio as he leaves. [Attack of Opporunity: 10+1 Vs 16, Miss] The bottle shatters harmlessly against the Warlock's armor, and the drunk is forced to cast about for another tool.

Unfazed by the shattered glass tinkling down his back, Hexio stalks toward the bar and lunges over the counter with his halberd, aiming for the barkeeper. [6+7 Vs 14, Miss] The barkeeper, however, has seen his share of brawls. He catches the demoniac edge of the halberd with the cold iron of a cocktail mixer, coming dangerously close to trapping the blade of the weapon against the counter before Hexio can pull it back.

Despite not having anything of the Barkeeper to work from, there's still more than enough residual smoke leftover from the server to trace another dark sigil in the air.
[Dark Trap Active]

Boris Ylivvien
Boris sidles around the bouncer, stepping deftly around the bigger, slower man and snips at him once more. [14+3 Vs 8, 3 Damage] Once more the bouncer is forced to recoil, blood blossoming from another pinprick injury in his side. Pain seems to percolate through the big man quite slowly, but even he begins to eye the holy scissors warily.

All the while, Boris prays to the God of War for assistance in the fight and for protection for Rokhard. [Pray, 4] The God of War seems busy right now, which does make sense. Lot of shit to do in that job.

[Preventative Measures Active for Rokhard]

-ENEMY ACTION-

Bouncer
The draws back one knuckle-clad ham-hand and throws a fist at Boris. [6+2 Vs 18, miss] The smaller man jumps back deftly, then snips forward threateningly with the scissors once more, putting the bouncer once again on the back foot.

Gamblers 1-3
The gamblers at their table continue their razor-edged card barrage on Hexio. [7+2, 12+2, 10+2, Vs 16. Miss, Miss, Miss] Player cards clatter around him, slapping off his armor, catching in his hair, and generally being a completely ineffective nuisance.

Drunk
The drunkard who attacked Hexio lurches into motion again, and once more activates the warlock's dark sigil. Smoke coils about the main as he moves, exploding into blackfire. [Drunk Save 12 Vs 14, Fail. 22 Damage] This time he lacks the momentum to push through the enwreathing flames. When the momentary blaze clears, there's naught left of the man but pallid ash.

Server
The remaining serving woman screams, running into the corner of the room and cowering. (+1 AP)

Barkeep
The Barkeep bares his teeth in response to Hexio's remarks about the bar.

"It's a slow day," he responds, stabilizing his sawed-off crossbow on the bartop before pulling the trigger and sending a spray of bolts at Hexio. [16 Vs 16, Hit. 9 Damage] A half dozen projectiles slam into the Warlock's armor, driving him backward and penetrating the material several places. A peculiar haze seems to steam from the injuries, invigorating Hexio in almost as much measure as the bolts physically wound him. (+4 AP)

--End of Round 2--

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [4/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E1T3
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2019, 06:34:17 am »

"...Hah, I've already worked out your every move! Predictable!"

Sling Bow, Right, Right, Draw and bisect the bouncer!

((I seem to have momentarily gotten left and right mixed up. GM didn't check if I was in bow range though, so haa.))

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2019, 06:42:34 am »

(Whoops. I just assumed it was 60'. Derp.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:44:56 am by The Adversary »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 06:46:13 am »

“It’s time for black jack for the jesters”

Move one left and strike at the bottom-left gambler with my infernal pole-arm, preparing a dark trap if any dare move

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 06:53:09 am »

Question, do prepared abilities with an AP cost like Dark Trap still cost AP if they're not activated?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 06:55:49 am »

“It’s time for some support for the comrades”

Boris shall use a bonus action to Benediction for Rokhard for 2 AP. Side-stepping the inactive Bouncer by going three up and than one right to end at (10,9) and use the main action to Projected Heal on Hexio and sapping two of his AP through Tithe. All by being a Helpful Sort and not attacking anyone this round.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 07:45:41 am »

Question, do prepared abilities with an AP cost like Dark Trap still cost AP if they're not activated?

No. Prepared action abilities cost only if they're used.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 07:06:16 pm »

A note for this turn, moving through terrain objects that are fully occupied by something else (like a table) counts as being difficult terrain and will double movement costs going through them. Things that can easily be moved aside or around in a 5' space (like chairs), don't. Also, I haven't been regenerating the Warlock's AP when people die. Oops. Also, the fighter's AP too. Herp my derp.

---

Dungeon 1, Encounter 1, Round 3 Results
Close only counts with horshoes and molotovs.

Hexio Darkblade
Momentarily disengaging from the barkeep and his mean-ass crossbow, Hexio takes a step closer to the gamblers and swings his polearm in a wide arc. [8+7 Vs 14, hit. 6+4 damage] The nearest is neatly decapitated by the attack, his head leaving behind a trail of smoke as it sails off in an arc. Another quick gesture from Hexio raises up another, now familiar, smoky sigil from the ruins of the dead man.

Boris Ylivvien
Leaving behind the rather egregiously slow bouncer, Boris mutters a quick prayer to empower Rokhard and heads over to the table with the gamblers. Not with any intent to join their game, naturally, only to close the gap before healing Hexio of his injuries. [Projected Heal, 3+3-2 Healing] It's not the best healing incantation Boris ever got off, but that's probably because he was distracted by the last card the nearest gambler and played to the table - the 13 of Doors. A most unholy and unlucksome card indeed.

Rokhard Darkface
Rokhard slides over the table, slinging his bow over his back, scattering dishes, and slashing with the Masamune blade with the same action that draws it from its saya.  [10+4+4 Vs 8, hit. 6+4+3+2 Damage] The bouncer's skin crackles, seeming to dry and part just ahead of the blade's edge. The long, though shallow, wound left behind reaches from the point of the bouncer's left hip to the top of his left shoulder. The injury's bloodless appearance is much more akin to what one might expect to fight on sun-parched earth, or imperfect clay left to bake too long, than what any mortal blade would leave behind.  It's not immediately fatal, which says something for the man's constitution, but the wound reaches deeper than flesh alone would show.

--Enemy Action--

Bouncer
The Bouncer pokes the peculiar wound decorating his chest, frowning in consternation as the edge crumbles away to dust.

Gamblers 1-2
The Gamblers, alarmed by the loss of their companion but also rather unwilling to move while the smoky sigil hangs over them, unleash another barrage of cards on Hexio.
[9+2,10+2 vs 16]
There's a very good reason that playing cards aren't typically used for combat encounters. The wave of cards thwacks off of Hexio or misses him entirely, leaving him unscathed amidst a shower of cards emblazoned with diamonds, skulls, topless women, and doors.

Server
Seeing the bouncer grievously injured, the serving woman finds her courage and picks up a discard horshoe from a pin in the corner of the room, running forwards to huck it Rokhard's head while cursing the bladesman for attacking such a simpleton so viciously.
[3-2 Vs 10]
The horeshoe speeds through the air a good dozen yards right of Rokhard's head, smashing throw a window and making a dull, fleshy, *clang-thud* followed closely by a cry of pain as it comes to an abrupt stop in the street outside.

Barkeep
The barkeep reflexively winces as the server breaks one of his good windows, but wastes little time in grabbing a particularly potent bottle of alcohol from behind the bar, stuffing a rag in it, lighting it on a nearby candle, and throwing it at Hexio. [17+1 Vs 16, Hit. 5+1 Damage] [Hexio Save: 11+4 vs 11, pass] The Warlock is briefly engulfed in blazing flame as the molotov shatters and thoroughly covers him, but, through hellish agency or simple good reflexes, he's able to shed the flames quickly.

--End of Round 3--

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:22:18 pm by The Adversary »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [4/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E1T4
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 07:22:35 pm »

Slash, sheathe, Iatio defense reaction.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6