Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [8/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T5  (Read 5542 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [4/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E1T4
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 07:50:41 pm »

Strike at the Barkeep, it’s time for his business to get bankrupt for life. As well as preparing a Dark Trap

I assume reach weapons attack like this, the question mark means I don’t know if they can strike diagonally
?XXX?
XXXXX
XXOXX
XXXXX
?XXX?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2019, 07:55:06 pm »

“Evildoers, I shall show my superiority over you by jumping onto this table”

Jump up on the table to (11,6), and use Projected Heal on Hexio and leach two AP through Tithe. As well cast Benediction for a Bonus Action for 0AP but still a significant buff on Hexio. All by being a Helpful Sort

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 08:00:46 pm »

Strike at the Barkeep, it’s time for his business to get bankrupt for life. As well as preparing a Dark Trap

I assume reach weapons attack like this, the question mark means I don’t know if they can strike diagonally
?XXX?
XXXXX
XXOXX
XXXXX
?XXX?

The question marks are valid attacks.

We're doing the KISS version of movement. Diagonal movement is the same cost as cardinal movement, and if you can move to a tile with the given range of a weapon/attack, you can hit it.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2019, 08:18:05 pm »

Can I still join?
Name: Joe
Level: 3
Class: Cleric (You never know when you need a backup cleric)
Attributes, Four choices, distilled from the essence of D&D.
Stronkness: average
Beefness: bad
Fastness: surperb
Classiness: good + 1
Starting Abilities: Intense training
Projected heal
Charity
Weapon Of Choice: 1d8 0 hit 0 damage reach 10, and stab and cut
Weapon Of Resort: 2d4 0 hit 0 damage 10 range crush
Defense: 15 defence + 4hp

Whoops sorry about that
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:59:56 pm by The Canadian kitten »

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2019, 09:36:02 pm »

Can I still join?
Name: Joe
Level: 3
Class: Cleric (You never know when you need a backup cleric)
Attributes, Four choices, distilled from the essence of D&D.
Stronkness: average
Beefness: bad
Fastness: surperb
Classiness: good + 1
Starting Abilities: Intense training
Projected heal
Charity
Weapon Of Choice: 1d8 0 hit 0 damage reach 10, and stab and cut
Weapon Of Resort: 2d4 0 hit 0 damage 10 range crush
Defense: 15 defence +2 max hp +2 max ap

Yar. However, clerics only have 7 points to spend on armor, and you appear to have spent 10.

Dungeon 1, Encounter 1, Round 4 Results
Well, this is going to end brutally.

Rokhard Darkface
[8+4+5 Vs 8, hit. 8+4+4 Damage] Rokhard steps forward in a blur of moment, lunging forward and performing a tsuki before the Bouncer even registers the movement. There's a brief moment where Rokhard almost appears to hold the bouncer upright, his long blade disappearing into the front of the bouncer's throat, and another inch or two of glittering steel emerging from the back of the bouncer's spine. The edges of the wound crackle, the skin pulling away from the holy blade, and then the entirety of the bouncer disintegrates back into the dust from which he came.

Rokhard wipes the dust from his blade and scabbards it before the first mote touches the floor.

Boris Ylivvien
Boris leaps up onto the table, scattering cups and standing atop the profane card to assert his dominance and awe the gamblers. [Projected Heal, 7+3-2 healing] This time, with the height advantage provided by the table and the dominated foes fear fueling his magic, the healing is considerably more effect, and Boris wends more than a little blessing into the healing miracle.

Hexio Bladio
Hexio continues the monumental sweep that beheaded the first gambler, carrying the arc toward the barkeep with killing momentum. [16+7+1 vs 14, hit. 1+4+3 Damage] Were it not for the war priest's blessing, the Halberd would have forced the barkeep into an off-balance dodge - but with it the half-moon blade of the weapon takes the man between the third and fourth rib. There's a bright, brief explosion of flame as the blade feeds on living blood, then a steady stream of black smoke as the barkeep topples backward.

--Enemy Action--

Gamblers 1-2
The gamblers, now keenly aware that basically everyone is dead, chip in their last ace in the hole in attempting to hurt the cleric. [Ace of Spades: 18+2,8+2 vs 18. Hit, miss] This focus is not entirely in vain, and a sharpened card does manage to 'stick' in the cleric.

Server
The server grabs a particularly heavy plate from the table behind her and throws it at Rokhard like a discus. [Hurl Heavier Thing 3 Vs 10] Bizarrely, serving maids are not champion discus throwers. After breaking another window, the serving made dashes back into the safety corner. 

-End of Round 4-

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [4/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E1T5
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 09:57:36 pm »

Move left and gut one of the remaining gamblers, with this excess AP, Dark Trap as always with a bonus action Unspeakable Power on top.

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 10:02:28 pm »

“This heretical place is finally being purged for its transgressions against worker safety management, and now its time to wrap this up”

Cut the gambler to the left with my holy scissors, and than pray to the God of Tools to mentally relief myself out of this fight with some AP

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2019, 11:03:51 pm »

Up, up, up, left, left, up.

"Your attempts to defend yourself amuse me greatly, server girl. In exchange for this exceedingly rare spot of levity in the pain that is existence, I would allow you to escape, so that you grow stronger and provide me with a more thrilling fight later in life. Do you accept?"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2019, 01:02:24 pm »

Dungeon 1, Encounter 1, Round 5 Results
33% Less brutality than expected

Hexio Bladio
[8+7+1 Vs 14, hit 4+4+1] A devastating vertical cleave of Hexio's halberd relieves one of the two remaining gamblers of his arm and his life, and Hexio weaves yet more smoke into overcharging and maintaining his dark sigil.

Boris Ylivvien
[15+3 Vs 14, Hit. 7 Damage] His position of height gives Boris an excellent opportunity to snip the mortal coil of the remaining gambler- an opportunity he doesn't let slip as he gets his scissors around the remaining gambler's neck and snips both carotid arteries.

Those robes are probably going to need a cleaning. Boris plays to the God of Tools that his scissors remain sharp and that fairymail will not be permanently stained. [2] The God of Tools, being the very personification of a complete tool, ignores the prayers.

Rokhard Darkface
Rokhard approaches the serving girl, blade sheathed and pace unhurried. He offers her mercy, a chance to escape, in exchange for amusing performance she gave during the battle.

Considering the option is 'run away' or 'Fight Three Mass Murderers' the serving girl nods once and then bolts out of the door.

Encounter 1 Beaten!

Rokhard Darkface
3/4 Hit Rate
59 Total Damage
5 Ap Used

Boris Ylivvien
3/3 Hit Rate
13 Total Damage
12 HP Healed
10 Ap Used
3 Boons Cast
2 Lifetime Damage Taken
0/2 Prayers Answered

Hexio Bladio
4/5 Hit Rate
63 Total Damage
8 Ap Used
17 Lifetime Damage Taken

~Intermission~

Joe the Cleric has joined the party.
Bar Bear the Barbarian has joined the party.

The front room of the tavern is yours, for the moment. Bar Bear and Joe have just arrived from whatever nonsense they got caught up with-in the street. What they were doing is anyone's guess, though Bar Bear does have an impressive horseshoe shaped dent in his head that no one can remember being there before. There's still the sounds of adversaries coming from the next room, but you have a few minutes to do something with the room before continuing...

1. Raid the bar for valuable liquor
- +2 Fat loot
2. Chow down on some bar food
- +1d8+2 healing for everyone applied after normal encounter regeneration
3. Sit down, have a drink, strategize
- Provides Bonus XP
4. KICK IN THE EVIL DOOR
- Restores everyone's AP to full at the start of the next encounter.

Since we have 5 people we'll roll a d5 for what to do next. Every vote cast is one chance on that die to do the voted action. Thus, voting 4/5 to do something doesn't make that certain, just 80% likely.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [5/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T0
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2019, 01:12:26 pm »

Raid the bar
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2019, 02:09:42 pm »

Raid bar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2019, 02:19:06 pm »

Drink!

"Wouldn't mind some hard liquor to dull the pain of my extremely edgy existence and traumatic backstory."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2019, 05:13:37 pm »

Raid the bar

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2019, 02:13:24 am »

“I demand that the spoils of war fund the chain of religious command”

Raid bar

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2019, 04:03:48 pm »

~Intermission Finis~
[1-4, raid bar. 5 Drink and strategize: 4, Raid Bar]
Rokhard HP: -
Hexio HP: 14, 5, 14 = 14
Boris HP: 13, 13, 5 = 13

Bar Bear and Joe, despite being late to the fight and not doing anything, take the initiative on raiding the barkeep's liquor stash. Despite Rokhard's continued attempts to drink the booze they find and elucidate the tragic events of his past, he too eventually gets caught up in the spirit of comparing bottles and raiding secret stashes within hidden compartments in false-walled bar cabinets.

In the end, the party comes away with several prize bottles of wine, dusty from their long stay in hiding. They're the kind of thing people buy so that they can talk about the depth of their wine collection, but are far too precious to ever actually consider drinking.

Loot found and the voices from the next room becoming more agitated, Bar Bear kicks in the next door.

The kitchens on the other side are... not what you expected. The kitchens seem bigger than the tavern's main room, lit by a mixture of burning braziers and an enormous hearthfire that burns in the back left corner of the room. The left wall of the room is lined with hot-prep  surfaces, the center is given over to support pillars surrounded by a variety of cold-prep tables separated for vegetables, meats, and gluten-free surfaces. The near-wall is covered in finishing counters for the final meals, where they can be stylishly plated and evaluated before being sent out.  The back right corner appears to be filled with supply boxes, their slight disorganization speaking to frequent use while their careful labeling says much about the kitchen's efficiency. Three massive soup pots, bubbling with stew, sit over coals in the near left, back left, and middle right of the room respectively. A staircase in the back wall likely leads down to a storage cellar.

More horrifying than anything else, every available counter and shelf is positively covered in cabinet doors, the degenerate and primitive precursor to the full-size door, with nary a noble drawer in sight.

You have to do a double-take between the tavern you left behind, with its handful of patrons and generally POS demeanor, and the scale and efficiency of the kitchen. Either those drunks were bigger gourmands than you expected, or this tavern also runs a delivery/catering business of professional scale on the side. There's four cooks assistants busy at work at prep tables, a duo of fire imps hanging around braziers waiting to manage the heat of various cook surfaces, and an ominous growl comes from within the massive hearth - indicating a spit dog that's anything but normal.

All of this is forgetting the chef herself. Easily overtopping six feet and, grey haired, and extremely heavy set, she gives you a look that says 'I am not amused by your shenanigans'. She then raises a massive cleaver that says 'I am going to turn you into sides of long-pig for said shenanigans'.

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:41:18 pm by The Adversary »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6