Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [8/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T5  (Read 5597 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [5/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T1
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2019, 04:24:41 pm »

Go to (4,6) and strike the imp

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 05:35:15 pm »

Move upright thrice than one to the right to end at (12, 7) strike at the eastern fire imp with my infernal poleaxe and prepare a Dark Trap!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:42:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 05:44:10 pm »

Go to (5,9) then use cleave to hit both cook's assistants, (3,9) and (3,11), with the axe
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 06:05:09 pm »

Move upright thrice than one to the right to end at (7,12) strike at the eastern fire imp and prepare a Dark Trap!

For the sake of my feeble sanity, would you mind using (X,Y) as the coordinate format?
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 11:38:33 pm »

“This cooking isn’t up to par for religious expectations, and expect to be purged for that.”

Three up, and upright twice to end at (10,7). Cast a Projected Tithe Heal at Hexio Bladio and sap two AP, while utilizing a Bonus Action to buff Bar Bear with a 0AP Benediction at 30’ range. All by being a Helpful Sort.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2019, 12:03:50 am »

Up, up, up, left, up, up. Shoot mom, sling bow, ready dark trap vs mom, ready iatiojutsu defense with the sword.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2019, 12:01:41 am »

((Egan, your Dark Trap was set for Mama. Since she didn't enter it, the trap didn't trigger. If you want it to trigger on the first available target if Mama is not a potential target, then it would have hit the Demon dog instead. If that was your intent, then that's fine and I'll retcon it.  This is sort of a weird area where I can see people being upset either way, so I'll try to be as flexible as I can be, but bear in mind that I will almost always opt to favor in not rolling. There's less bias in allowing people to retcon doing something than there is in not doing it after seeing the results.))

Dungeon 1, Encounter 2, Round 1
That's going to leave a mark...

Hexio Bladio
Hexio is the first to dash into the room, moving to take the south-west corner and lunging into the imp with his polearm. [6+7 vs 13, Hit. 1+4 Magic B] The tip of the weapon strikes home, but the imp, hellish creature that it is, isn't completely affected by the weapon's power. It smokes, and fine-scaled skin blackens and smokes, but the creature survives the weapon's energies.

[Dark Trap set]

Boris Ylivvien
Boris follows Hexio, whispering a quick prayer to reinforce his ursine companion while weaving the Warlock's own dark energies into healing magic to patch up the infernal caster's remaining injuries. [Projected Heal 8+3-2 Healed]

[Benediction 3 Bar Bear]

Bar Bear
Bar Bear charges northward, impelled with Ylivvien's divine power, and brings his axe around in a sweeping cleave to assault the two cooks working at the hot counters. [Cleave, 2+6+1, 10+6+2 Vs 13. Miss, Hit. 5+1+3 Cut] One is able to leap out of the path of the blade, the other almost manages to do so - the blade cutting across her stomach and coming within a hairsbreadth of disemboweling her.

[+1 Stack Bear Arms]

Rokhard Darkface
Rokhard advances on Chef Mama, unleashing an arrow from his bow as he advances.  [6+4 Vs 11, Miss] The arrow sticks harmlessly in Mama's apron, and tears it out with a single flick of a beefy hand. Darkface frowns in consternation, resting a hand on his Murumasa's saya and drawing forth a spiral of arcane energy.

[Dark Trap Set]

Joe
Joe, somewhat less impressively than his companions, runs toward the nearest imp and attempts to clobber it with a random lump of something he picked up in the street. [5 Vs 13, Miss] The imp cackles gleefully and flies out of reach.

--Enemy Action--

Imps
The imps in the main kitchen both have similar opportunities and identical ideas. Roasty-toast the interlopers.
[Flamethrower.  Hexio Save: 9+4 Vs 12 Pass. (11+2)/2 = 7 Damage.]
[Flamethrower.  Joe Save: 14+2 Vs 12 Pass. (9+2)/2 = 6 Damage.]
Both Hexio and Joe are able to avoid being actually lit on fire by the assault, but both smolder grandly. The imps, meanwhile, lose much of their inward flame and droop noticeably. Their movements become sluggish and torpid, and they visibly draw forth flecks and tongues of flame from their braziers.

Cooks Assistants, Left pair
Caught as they are by the barbarian, both assistants hurl knives at the barbarian. [7+2, 15+2 Vs 11.  Miss, Hit. 3-1-1 Cut. Bar Bear save 5+1, Fail!] Bar bear dodges one blade deftly, and the other one just barely grazes the underside of his bulging thews. Despite the tiny scale of the graze, the razor-sharp edge of the chef knife leaves a wound that seeps and pulses blood with every beat of the barbarian's heart.

[Bar Bear Heals 2, Indefatigueable]

Cooks Assitant, right pair
The northernmost cooks assistant runs to the northeastern soup-pot, activating Hexio's dark sigil. [Save 2 vs 14, fail. 21+4 Damage] Over the steam and smoke of the kitchen, the cook doesn't see the dark smoke coiling about him until its too late. There's a roar of black flame, a puff of moon-pale ash, and the cook is no more.

The more southerly cook, now seeing the dark sigil discharged, also runs for the soup-pot. Without other resistance, they're able to position themselves at its edge without issue and throw one of their knives at Hexio. [6+2 Vs 16.  Miss.] Probably as a result of being thrown while running, the knife goes wild.

Bean Wizard + Elemelentils
Hearing the commotion from above, the Bean Wizard directs his Elemelentils up the stairs and begins to focus on drawing in more energy.

Mama
Mama looks at the harm being rendered on her cooks and her imps, and burning fury builds behind her old eyes. "Get ye awae' from me babbies!" she yells, hooking her cleaver on to her meathook by a method you can't quite understand. She hefts her entire vast weight into the strike, the action forcing her to one knee but impelling the blade across the room at screaming velocity.
[Chain Cleaver: Bar Bear. 15+3 Vs 11+3 Hit. 4+5-1 damage]
[Chain Cleaver: Rokhard. 20+3 Vs 10 Hit.  9+5 damage]
[Chain Cleaver: Hexio Darkblade. 4+3 Vs 16. Miss]

The massive blade whizzes through the air, sending Bar Bear into a diving roll and smashing into Rokhard's guard with the force of a train - completely powering through any defense he might have made. The swordsman staggers back, resheathing his blade and only aftward seeing the flecks of blood spattered up and down his kimono from where the cleaver pressed through his guard. With the spinning blade destabilized from striking Rokhard, Hexio is able to snap his halberd around into a defensive strike. He hits the blade of the cleaver with an overhand strike, smashing it into the floor and forcing Mama to retract the chainblade.

Demon Spitdog
The hellhound leaps out from within the hearthfire, snarling and charging down Bar Bear.

[14+2 Vs 11+2, Hit. 2+3-1 Magic A] [Bar Bear Save: 17+1 Vs 10] Burning fangs snap near the Barbarian, forcing him to scramble back upright and grab the creature by its throat - getting perilously close to igniting his bearskin armor from the heat of the creature's breath - before throwing it back to the ground and away.

--End of Round 1--

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:57:09 am by The Adversary »
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2019, 12:18:13 am »

Basically you take this, copy it into a new reply, and then go through the spoilers below and slot stuff together. Boom. Easy. Except for the crippling indecision.

When in doubt, roll dice and pick randomly.

Name:
Name: Fimi Grow Die Cook
Level: 3
Class: Rolling d6 to determine class: 2, Fighter: Starting HP: 21
Starting AP:  4
AP Regen: Deflect damage with Armor while Faith in Steel not active (+2) or Attack (+1)
Intrinsic Ability: Faith in Steel: 2AP, Bonus, your defense increases by 4 until start of your next turn.
Attributes, Four choices, distilled from the essence of D&D.
Stronkness:2
Beefness:3
Fastness:1
Classiness:4
Starting Abilities: Intrinsic Ability: Faith in Steel: 2AP, Bonus, your defense increases by 4 until start of your next turn.

(Passive) Optimism: When you roll a natural 1 on a d20, Regen 2 AP.

(Passive) Adaptive Footwork: Whenever an enemy attack roll beats your defense, your Fastness rises by 1 until the beginning of your next turn.

(Active) Arcane Knight: Special. Take any active skill from the Spellish citizen, Warlock, or Wizard categories. This selection is permanent.

(Active) Rotting Wounds: 1-3AP, Bonus Action. Targets 1-3 enemies in sight within 30’. Each is allowed a save. If they fail they’re inflicted with the ‘Rotting’ status. While rotting, any time they take damage, they take an additional 1dX+Classiness Magic B damage, where X is the initial damage amount. Each time the targets take added damage, they can save again to end the effect.

Weapon Of Choice: 2d6 Damage, +3 To Hit
Weapon Of Resort: 1d6 Damage, Damage Type Magic C
Defense: Resist Damage Type Magic B, 14 Defense
(Is it correct now? Thank you for the correcting)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:58:56 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [5/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T2
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2019, 12:53:04 am »

Projected heal RD!
Remember other cleric named Joe, you still have time to pray to a god and can move two up and not trigger any attacks while making your Projected Heal more effective”
Also do as this guy said.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:40:24 am by The Canadian kitten »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2019, 01:14:11 am »

"Hmph, is that all you've got?"

Up, draw and cleave the doggo. Sheathe and defend + attack of opportunity.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2019, 04:03:34 am »

Move upright to (13,8) landing a halberd swing at the Imp while casting a Dark Trap, Unspeakable Power the trap if it happens with the bonus action?

(What does dice exploding mean?)

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2019, 04:14:29 am »

Strafe four west, one up left to end at (5,8) to cast a a Projected Heal at Bar Bear and sap two of his AP through Tithe. Cast a 0AP Benediction on Bar Bear as well, all while being a Helpful Sort

“Remember other cleric named Joe, you still have time to pray to a god and can move two up and not trigger any attacks while making your Projected Heal more effective”

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2019, 06:41:18 am »

Should Bar Bear be bleeding? He did heal 2 HP.
either way Cleave (3,11) cook assistant and (5,10) Demon Dog
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:44:02 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2019, 06:54:45 am »

(What does dice exploding mean?)
(Dice exploding means that if they ever roll their max value, the max value dice roll again automatically. So if you roll an exploding 3d6, and you roll 3,6,1, then you roll an additional d6. If that comes out 6, then you roll again and so on.

(If I spend 5 points on everything, it leaves 5 WoC points, 1 WoR point and 4 armor points.What would spending all points on everything give? or is 5 points the maximum? Please correct me if I did something wrong. Is it possible to spend all points?)

(I am really not sure what you've done here. Think of it like you're ordering at a restaurant and you have X bucks to spend, where X is the number of points you have in that category. Each point category indicates how much each item in that category costs. So, for a fighter picking out your primary weapon, you have 10 bucks. You can take two 5 point items (Lets say a 2d6 damage die and a 60' range), or two 3 point items and a 4 point item (Lets say +1 to hit and damage, as well as a 1d12 damage die). For armor it's the same, except that you can stack up bonuses as many times as you can buy them, where for weapons you can only buy one thing in each category.

Additionally, you'll need to pick which spellish citizen or magic class ability you're emulating with Arcane Knight.)

Should Bar Bear be bleeding? He did heal 2 HP.
either way Cleave (3,11) cook assistant and (5,10) Demon Dog

(Fair point, that is healing. I'm just not sure of the timing. Still, I'll give it to you.)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:34:09 am by The Adversary »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2019, 08:20:40 am »

Oh each part is separate. Thanks. I will change the sheet sccordingly
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6