Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [8/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T5  (Read 5543 times)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [5/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T2
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2019, 09:46:08 am »

Oh each part is separate. Thanks. I will change the sheet sccordingly

Armor of Hate is a passive ability, not an active one.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2019, 09:59:15 am »

fixed

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2019, 09:11:03 pm »

Dungeon 1, Encounter 2, Round 2
Mama's hugs fix everything.

Bar Bear
Bar Bear continues swinging his axe, this time aiming to strike one of the cooks and the hellhound currently chomping into him.
[Cleave: 11+6+2 Vs 13 Hit. 7+3+2 Cut]
[Cleave: 4+6+2 Vs 14 Miss]
The cook is hit dead-on, the Axe of Bears mauling their torso and sending them to the floor in a bloody mess. The dog, however, is quick on its paws and jukes the massive weapon as it passes.

[+1 Stack Bear Arms]

Rokhard Darkface
Rokhard Advances despite his injuries, striking at the demon dog with a blistering quickslash. [20+4 Vs 14, Hit. 12 Magic C] The Masamune blade reacts violently with the demonic animal, shedding motes of sparks as it cleaves into the beast's hide and drawing forth burning blood that wisps into tongues of flame almost as soon as it touches the air.

[Iaido defense set]

Hexio Bladio
Hexio strikes to finish off the problematic imp, focusing on speed over strength to end the weakened creature. [5+7 Vs 11, Hit. 10 Magic B]  A quick blow with the flat of the halberd's blade bats the imp out of air, setting it up for the windup overhand that cuts the creature in twain as it attempts to rise. From the acrid smoke that rises from its demonic remains, Hexio prepares a special protective sigil.

[Dark Trap Set]

Joe
Joe takes the advice of the senior cleric and moves up closer to the action, casting a healing miracle to aid the injured swordsman.[Projected Heal: 3+2-2] It isn't the most practiced of miracles, and Joe prays for some assistance. [Pray: 5] There's a muffled mental reply, like one might give a waiter that just interrupted a particularly juicy mouthful of food to ask how your meal was tasting. It's not useful, but it's a comforting reminder that the Gods are watching.

Boris Ylivvien
Boris leaves Hexio to handle the comparatively tame East side of the room, dashing back to the other side to heal the barbarian. [Projected Heal:  12+3] Using the beefy man's own vitality to heal his injuries is a positive coup, and the spell takes more effect than Boris had dared hope, completely healing the powerfully built man and imbuing him with additional energy.

[Benediction Set on Bar Bear]

--Enemy Action--

Cook's Assistant (West)
The remaining cook's assistant throws another knife, this time aiming for the Bladesman that just nearly struck down the spit dog. [Knife Throw: 16+2 Vs 10 Hit. 3-1 Stab] There's a flash of steel, quick and practiced enough that Rokhard doesn't even have time to draw before the knife slams into his shoulder. [Rokhard Save 7+1 Vs 10, Fail] The blade nicks something inside, immediately beginning to seep blood around the enchanted Kimono.

Cook's Assistant (East)
The cook's assistant ready at the pot looses a knife at Hexio. [13+2 Vs 16] The blade glances narrowly off is armor, coming within a hair of taking the warlock in the neck.

Imp (Main Room)
The imp jabbers angrily at Joe for turning his back on it, and it reaches into the brazer and hurls a globule of embers at the cleric's back. [18+2 Vs 18, Hit. 4+2 Damage] It lands squarely at the back of Joe's collar, immediately working its way down the back of his vestments as the cleric begins doing an excruciatingly painful haka as the embers trapped within his armor repeatedly scorch his flesh.

Bean Wizard, Elemelentils, Imp (Lower)
The Bean Wizard continues steadily focusing magical energy, the Elemelentils continue slowly trudging up the stairs, and the imp continues voraciously picking its nose.

Big Mama
Her eyes alight with fury, Big Mama surveys her wounded dogs and her dead cooks. "Mama's good doggo not for stabbing!" She strides forward, rounding the edge of the tables and getting close enough to engulf her dog in a hug.  She crushes the dog tight to her bosom, causing its eyes to bulge more than slightly. Still, after she releases it, the dog seems far more steady on its feet than it did a moment ago.

Demon spitdog
Released from Mama's bosom, the demon dog runs back towards the swordsman and his burning blade, all teeth and fury as it leaps for his throat. [11+2 Vs 10+3, Miss] Rokhard's blade leaps from its saya at the last moment, forcing the dog to flinch out of the way midair. It lands roughly on the ground as the swordsman steps to the side, blade drawn and ready to fight.

-End of Round 2-

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [6/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T3
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2019, 09:23:20 pm »

Move to 6,8 and projected heal RD. Also pray

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2019, 10:17:46 pm »

Rokhard smiles a bloody smile. "Hah, as I thought. You don't have what it takes to kill me!"
Unarmed strike the doggo, Faith in Steel, Iadio Defense, AoO.

((Darnit, stacking Faith in Steel and Iadio Defense is harder than I thought it would be when I started. :P))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2019, 12:15:07 am »

“Time for the chopping block, little cook”

One northwest than three north to end at (11,11), slash the (13,10) cooking assistant with the infernal halberd and than prepare a Dark Trap with a Unspeakable Power

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2019, 12:36:14 am »

(Does a full round action include using up your movement?)

“Everyone we need to get these Soup Pots to fall over, because of the evil mommy heretic”

Charity Joe for 2AP for a Projected Heal on him. Benediction Bar Bear for 0AP while being a Helpful Sort. Move 2 Down to end at at (5,6)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2019, 06:59:44 am »

(Full round action is everything - movement, action, bonus action, prepared action. The only action you can take would be a free action)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2019, 07:27:40 am »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2019, 11:06:33 am »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 10:06:28 pm by WyrdByrd »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2019, 02:52:40 pm »

Cleave Mama and dog with Massive Fists
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2019, 07:47:42 pm »

Dungeon 1, Encounter 2, Round 3
Mama's hugs don't fix that.

Bar Bear
Bear Bear slings his axe momentarily, laying int Mama and her Demon Dog with his massive fists. [Cleave, Mama: 3+3+2 Vs 11, Miss] Mama appears to have been in her fair share of scraps, batting his strikes away with her own beefy hands or simply letting him punch her to absolutely no effect - Like hitting a cinderblock wrapped in bacon.[Cleave, Dog: 10+3+1 Vs 14, Hit. 5+3+4+3 Damage]  The dog, however, isn't as martially gifted. It dodges the first few swings well enough, but it's simply not prepared for the sustained brawl- particularly not when a trace of divine energy floats off Bar Bear and momentarily glues the animal's feet to the floor. It has time for a startled help before a powerful downward punch smashes the dog's skull into the floor with an audible crunch.

[-2 Stacks Bear Arms]
[+1 Stack Armed Bear]

Boris Ylivvien
After shouting helpful advice, probably relayed to him by one deity or another informing him of Mama's connection to the stew, Boris renews the blessing on Bar Bear and 'borrows' some of Joe's divine power to heal the other cleric's impressive burns. [Projected Heal: 8+3+2] He then makes good on his words and moves to stand against the south-west soup pot.

[Benediction III on Bar Bear]
[Cuppa Joe set on Joe]

Hexio Bladio
Hexio moves up to guard the stairs, using the momentum to hack into the remaining cooks assistant as he goes. [9+7 Vs 13, Hit. 2+4] The cook throws himself to the ground in the nick of time, barely getting under the blade as it skims as it skims over his head. He stands, looking somewhat dazed, but his knife is ready in hand. Hexio floats the smoky sigil of his empowered dark trap between the two of them as both a taunt and a warning.

Rokhard Darkface
Rokhard Sneers at Mama, then gives her dead dog a perfunctory kick for good measure.

An inhuman growl rises from the Chef's throat in response, her face reddening to a shade rarely seen on humans.

[Faith in Steel Set]
[Iado Defense Set]

Joe
Joe moves to back up Rokhard, incurring an opportunistic slash from the nearby cook. [12+2 Vs 20] Joe is blur of movement, and is already halfway to his destination when the knife passes through where he used to be. [Projected Heal: 3+2] Once again, the miracle seems to fizzle a little as it leaves his hands. It takes effect, healing Rokhard's injuries, but not to the degree hoped. Joe prays for an answer [Pray: 2] but none comes.

--Enemy Action--

Cooks Assistant (West)
The assistant by the hot prep tables dashes after Boris, slashing with their knife as soon as they're close enough. [18+2 Vs 18, hit. 4-1 Cut] Momentum and accuracy combine, and while the fairymail stops the blade from biting into Boris' side, the strike staggers the priest and briefly knocks the wind from him.

Imp (Main Room)
The imp by Boris, while not back to its full flame, projects a sizeable gout at the cleric. [Flamethrower save, Boris. 18+1 Vs 10, Pass (6+2)/2 = 4 Magic A damage] It's quite the painful singe, but thankfully the holy raiment is fire-retardant enough to avoid being ignited.

Cooks Assistant (East)
Without a better uption, the Eastern assistant lunges forward, knives out, activating the dark trap. [Save: 18 Vs 14, Pass. (10+4)/2] Despite his alacrity in dodging through the sigil, the only part of him that reaches Hexio is a faint dusting of ash.

Elemelentils
The first of the Elemelentils crests to the top of the stairs. It regards Hexio with a level glance, the coarse fiber of its burlap head seeming unsurprised by the demonic figure. [18+3 Vs 16, hit. 1+3 Damage] It beans the warlock in the head, its fist crunching home with considerable force. Thousands of lentils swarm from tears in its burlap on impact, wrapping around the warlock like the tendrils of an enormous creeper.

[Hexio Speed set to 0']

Bean Wizard + Lower Imp
The bean wizard continues to draw in energy, while the Imp Begins make little ash castles in the smoldering brazier.

Mama
Mama, enraged at Bar Bear killing her dog and perhaps more so at Rokhard disrespecting her and kicking her dead dog, hooks her chain to her cleaver once more. [Chain Cleaver, Bar Bear: 14+3 Vs 11, Hit. 12+5-1 Damage] The barbarian doesn't have time to get his axe out again before the blade hits, and he's forced to deflect with his forearms - earning a nasty pair of gashes as the blade whizzes by. [Chain Cleaver, Rokhard: 10+3 Vs 14, Miss] Rokhard, however, is prepared this time when the blade comes his way. He half draws his Masamune and angles the hilt, striking a spray of sparks from the massive cleaver as it hits, but deflecting it harmlessly upward. The swordsman resheathes his blade as Mama growls again and retracts her chain blade.

-End of Round 3-

Spoiler: Battlemap (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: K.I.T.E.D: Kick In The Evil Doors [8/Some] (Always Recruiting) D1E2T4
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2019, 08:31:20 pm »

Rokhard's usual smug smirk fades slightly, and he says "Sir healing priest, while I appreciate the help, I would appreciate it more if you did it better."

The usual: Draw, strike, sheathe, defend, AoO.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2019, 11:52:23 pm »

Why do the dice always hate me? Anyways, heal RD again because third time the charm! And pray too
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 04:05:02 am by The Canadian kitten »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2019, 02:55:13 am »

Swing the infernal halberd into the (10,12) Elemelentils center mass, while preparing a dark trap
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:35:41 am by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6