Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peace of mind scripts  (Read 1760 times)

fortunawhisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Peace of mind scripts
« on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:06 pm »

Here are a few "peace of mind" scripts that I made to manage tasks in dwarf fortress.

Communal: Have everyone drink, eat, or take a nap at the same time. Useful if everyone is in the tavern, next to the favored drinks / meals...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NeedWatch: All dwarves have a need to frequently craft objects. This script enables a crafting labor when that need gets to be distracting and disables it when it's fulfilled.

JobToggle: I noticed that using an alert to force dwarves into the tavern interrupted jobs and created tons of job cancellation spam. This script allows you to save the current labor settings for all citizens, clear the labor settings so citizens can naturally get free time to satisfy needs, and then reload those saved labor profiles at some later point. Uses persist-table, so saved labor data is persistent across play sessions.

DFCron: Allows you to schedule scripts using dwarf fortress dates. Like the *nix cron, only far less capable. Somewhat useful if you want to schedule scripts (like those above) for specific days. Requires you to create a dfcron.txt file, see the "-example" output for an example.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peace of mind scripts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 01:09:08 pm »

These are beautiful.  I'm seeing the ability to schedule "holy days" with parades and all regular jobs cancelled to allow for socialization, praying and other chances to produce "happy thoughts".  However, I'm not very savvy with programming, so a step by step "how to" would be wonderful.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii