Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bounty Hunters  (Read 2729 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Hunters
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 03:56:14 pm »

Since there is nothing resembling a reply to any issues I raised about bounty hunting, I guess I will just declare victory.

How about the point that devoting law enforcement resources to a case is equivalent to constantly spending money to raise the bounty? You've got to pay overtime or hire more officers to cover their previous duties.

Back on topic, where the state of US law enforcement is irrelevant:

Bounties make sense for DF when you don't want to diminish your fort's manpower, and when the target may be deep in a dark fortress where your forces would be at high risk of attack.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 05:11:21 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 04:54:03 pm »

(another GoblinCookie report!  Mutes don't work I guess.  so that's that.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 08:52:47 pm »

In the Masterwork version of Dwarf fortress Meph was able to make monster Slayer into "Bounty Hunters" when they decide to become monster slayers they seek out
to kill criminal bosses. I have been looking through the raw trying to see how he did it. I really I want to implement it into this fantasy wild west that have guns and magic. Right now trying to implement monster Slayer/Bounty Hunter thing and also having civilization go to war with criminal organizations. I saw it being done from Sqaumos' fall from Grace mod.
Pages: 1 [2]