Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Building wells below water level

(1/3) > >>

Crnobog:
Quick question: I read that floor hatches prevent water from overflowing but also allow the tile they are build on to be used as water source, so will a well build over it work?If not, anyone know some easy way to set up a well below the river level (preferably self-regulated)?[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: Crnobog ]

Goblin Dragoon 085:
Thats a good idea. Gimme 5 minutes and I will give you a definite answer. This would be a good backup system for my automated pressure plate setup.Edit: Hmm, this should have been clear from the beginning:
A floor hatch and a well are both buildings and can thus not be placed in the same time.
If you place them a z level apart, the well is considered dry.SO I guess you will be stuck with using floodgates and a reservoir :P[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: Goblin Dragoon 085 ][ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: Goblin Dragoon 085 ]

Crnobog:
Got it, thanks for the effort

SHAD0Wdump:
So? hook up the floor hatch to a lever,controllable water supply,bonus of blocking water based evils.Unless the well refuses to draw water after the hatch is opened,then might as well use a reservoir and place a floodgate to the side.[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: SHAD0Wdump ]

GreyMario:
Try doors and not floodgates. You won't have to wait for both your dwarves AND the mechanisms to make up their minds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version