Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [SG] Crowdsourced Apocalypse - Gameplay Thread  (Read 4450 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Crowdsourced Apocalypse - Gameplay Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 07:48:13 am »

Quickly look around and get an idea of our surroundings before we think about coming out of our cover, and do we have a weapon.
+1

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 10:36:01 am »

Quickly look around and get an idea of our surroundings before we think about coming out of our cover, and do we have a weapon.
+1
+1

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 04:53:10 am »

GM

You are behind a broken car. You always wondered why people had to ditch their cars when society breaks down... you were scavenging some parts from it earlier when you were ambushed. Not too far from you is a huge pile of rubble from a collapsed skyscraper. The other buildings around are too far to reach- if your assailants are armed.

As mentioned earlier, you were well-prepared for the apocalypse. You have a shotgun mounted on a sling. At first, you went around with a pistol since you didn't want to get jumped for your weapons, but you never really got jumped by any raiders anyways, until now. The rest of your things are back in your bunker, though, which is a problem.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 05:49:35 am »

Lets run for the pile of rubble, and get a look at how many people there are.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 01:59:45 am »

Lets run for the pile of rubble, and get a look at how many people there are.
+1

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 10:19:36 am »

GM

You run.

*KRAKK*

A pistol rings out behind you! The hastily fired bullet hurtles past you, and you run the faster for it--

*KRAKK*

You hurl yourself behind the rubble. A bullet strikes the battered concrete. There's an acid taste in your mouth.

"Come on, is this what we're doing now? Get out here if you want to live!"

You're hesitant to look out from behind your new vantage point, but you only hear the one pistolier. Maybe there's more guys hiding. Maybe not.
This rubble-pile you've found really is massive; a veritable maze of rebar and ruined concrete. You might be able to lose your assailant in here... of course, you could also just try and shoot him. Shotgun beats pistol, right?

a) Retreat further into the rubble.
b) Jump out of the rubble, shotgun blazing!
c) Something else?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 04:27:20 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 06:09:22 pm »

GM

That's it, punk! I warned you!"

Another gunshot rings out, adding just one more harsh note to the cacophonic background. Then a couple more. But this was nothing new to you. Dodging gunfire before the calamity. Dodging gunfire after the calamity. What else was new? After all, you've seen and have partaken in the worst parts of human nature. As a child, no less!

Nevertheless, you didn't survive to this point by being rash and reckless. During a lull in the shooting, you disappear further into the derelict ruins of the Sam Bangura Building, what was once the tallest building in all of Sierra Leone. A shotgun is way more effective in the cramped corridors than out in the open, anyway. You take a winding path through the labyrinth of concrete and find yourself at a stairwell, still intact. A few moments pass a you catch your breath. You hear muffled noises. Voices? Are they coming from above or below? Or are they coming from the corridor behind you?

a) Go upstairs.
b) Go downstairs.
c) Attempt to set up an ambush and wait.
d) Something else?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 06:33:37 pm »

C

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2019, 02:53:18 am »

C

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 07:50:17 pm »

GM

These cramped, dark corridors make for a natural choke point. If anyone wants to get to you and the stairwell, they gotta transverse this singular hallway.

Easy pickings, you think. Your shotgun hungers quietly on your back. It has always hungered.
Trust nobody. Kill everyone you meet. They are the enemy. It's you or them. It's you or them. It's you or them.
You. You. You. Them. The enemy. Them. The enemy. Bullets. And silence.

You spread small chunks of rubble and debris throughout the hallway, jury-rigging a primitive alert system. The shotgun rests contemplatively in your hands; an old friend and an old comfort in this heartless hellhole. Sounds of movement come closer. Closer. You are able make out two muffled voices coming from the direction you previously came from. Your hunch was right: Mr. Pistol had backup.

"Wetin yu de du? Boss-man sabi never come here"
"Shut up, pussy. He's a scavenger. He's nothing. They do all the work for us."

The strong take from the weak. It is what it is. Your grip tightens in anticipation. The movement comes closer. You hear the rocks being kicked aways. It's time.
The mousetrap closes. You roll into the hallway and empty three shells into the unfortunate saps pursuing you. The thundering booms echoes throughout the building. The pistol pursuer is barely able to let out an expletive as his head bursts apart like overripe papaya. The rest of his body falls over with a wet thud. The other fella, a typical machete wielding goon oh so common in this day and age, takes a direct hit to the thigh and is blasted to the floor, forever separating him from one of his legs. He isn't dead but clearly he's well on his way.

You carry a blank expression, ears still ringing, as you walk to the fallen raider. He can only belt out a pitiful "N-No!' and he feebly tries to grasp his machete. The ringing gives way to the sound of labored breathing.

It's the sound of a man bleeding to death. A heart slowing down. How sweet the sound.
You consider finishing him off. Mercy. Or maybe a waste of ammo.

Before you can complete that thought, you immediately take notice of a chorus of bloody screams in the distance. Sounded like they came from below.
Uh oh.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2019, 01:25:59 am »

Time to leave the position were at and get back to our bunker by running away

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2019, 05:16:13 am »

Time to leave the position were at and get back to our bunker by running away
+1 And grab that guys pistol as we run by.
Pages: 1 [2] 3