Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Quick Start

(1/2) > >>

Salmeuk:
Every time I start a standard fortress, I set up the exact same supplies and skills for my dwarves. This takes about 5 minutes, and can become tedious, especially if I'm having no luck with finding a good fortress site.Obviously, the quick start feature saves a bunch of time, but really dosen't start your team with the best supply and skill load.Is there any way to edit what you get with the quick-start? I've looked around in the folders a little bit, but with no luck. Anyone else have a similar problem, or answer to the problem? Thanks.

Blaidd_Drwg:
This would be a nice feature, I'd also like to know if this is possible.

uberubert:
Ooh, expedition team startup profiles! I like it. I also often setup the same set of skills and items every time i start a new fortress too.

Asehujiko:
Same here. This would be a good thing to implent when toady gets back from his break.

hactar1:
The only problem with this would be the fact that starting from different dwarf civs means that different starting resources will be available.  You won't always have 2-humped camel meat to bring, for example.Of course, it could work by just starting you off with whatever it can match, and letting you customize it if you see that all your points weren't spent.  It would be a highly useful feature, for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version